I want to cook a whole chicken

ButI was thinking about putting it in a crock put. But,I am wondering how would this come out. I like how the crock pot does not heat up my whole apartment. I like cooking with the crok pot as well. I am not a good cook butthe seasoning gets all in the meat and we are able to enjoy it.
@icyorchid (2564)
I searched for a recipe and found one that sounds good here, she even tells you how to make homemade chicken stock! http://thehappyhousewife.com/whole-chicken-in-a-crock-pot/ I hope this helps Enjoy!
Thanks for the link I will check it out.
I prefer my chicken either baked with just some salt, pepper and butter on it or filled with rice (I mix cooked white rice with dice apples and fried dices onion, raisins. I bathe the chicken every 10 min aprox. with its´own juices and the stove is medium so it slowly roasts. When I have chicken over the range, I prefer to buy the same chicken pieces for everyone. Usually I use thighs and leave the bre ast for a soup and sandwichs
This sound tasty as well. I am going to butter my chicken as well.
@lightningMD (5931)
I am making a whole chicken tonight for dinner...I am going to stuff it with onions,carrots,garlic and rosemary...I am going to serve it with mashed potatoes.stuffing and corn...Tomorrow I will boil the carcass with onions and make it into soup.I will add carrots and noodles to the broth for money saving second meal from one chicken...I will serve the soup with french bread...I love to use the crock-pot...A great way to cook when you are going to be out of the house all day or it is to hot for the oven..I love to make roasts in ours...
Your chicken sounds really good to eat. I was not putting half of that on my chicken.
@lilybug (21109)
I like using a crock pot for cooking, but I have never done a whole chicken in there before. I am going grocery shopping after work tonight. I might just pick up a chicken and do that. Thanks for the idea.
@cream97 (29088)
It depends on how big your crock pot is. You can put a small hen in it and let it broil. I have seen my father-in-law cook roast meat in it. This meat is separated and it smells so good when it is cooking.
@oldchem1 (8132)
I cook my chicken in the slow cooker (what we Brits call your crock pot), this is what I do. This whole chicken is cooked in the crockpot (slow-cooker) on HIGH. Cooking on HIGH keeps the chicken moist. I make four balls of foil and put them in pottom of pou so that chicken will be raised up out of any juice that accumulates I spray the whole chicken with olive oil flavored Fry Light and sprinkle well with Chicken Seasoning. Place in slow cooker and cook on high 4 to 6 hours depending on size of chicken. This is really simple -- but delicious. I then put the juices into a fat separator. (Or you can pour into a baggie and take a tiny snip off the corner, so the juice can drain into a pan. Pinch off when it gets to the fat.) (If you've got time, you can put the broth in the refrigerator, let fat congeal, and skim it off.) On the stove, I make a gravy from the defatted juice, adding some water if necessary for volume, half a chicken bouillon cube, chicken gravy granules, and a bit of dried sage Stir until thickened. The gravy is good on the chicken and on mashed potatoes
Wow I will do this with my chicken and the greese. I did not know these things before. Thanks
@ElicBxn (62599)
it makes a very nice roast chicken that way
@stealthy (8183)
I've never used a crock pot. But I have used a pressure cooker to cook a whole chicken. It may be that a pressure cooker is just an older version of crock pot but maybe not. A pressure cooker allows you to cook something much faster while I think a crock pot is used to cook something slowly over several hours. I cooked the chicken in the pressure cooker and then pulled the meat off the bones to make chicken spaghetti like mother used to make.
I usually make one in the crock every other week. Time depends on if it's fresh or frozen chicken... if it's fresh it will cook quite fast compared to frozen. When you make it make sure you take some foil balls (3-4) and flatten a lil bit and set your chicken on it. The meat is super tender when it's done. I usually put carrots in at first and a few hours later add potatoes. I find it hard to season a whole chicken or chicken in general to retain the flavor as so much flavor comes from the skin but it also seems to stay only on the skin & not into the chicken. I'm sure someone else has had a better suggestion on seasoning it.
It's possible to put a whole chicken in. If you want, take a big pot and fill it with about three-quarters full of water. After that, put the chicken in. Following that, take the chicken out and stuff some spring onions and ginger into its butt and steam it, and this is called steamed chicken. Well, this is what I suggest and it's delicious. You can try other ways!
@shia88 (4571)
Hi, The best way to cook whole chicken is using slow cooker. It is kinda of stuffed chicken and my mother can cook this dish so well,I definitely love this dish. I remembered my mother stuffed minced pork,carrot,mushroom, garlic,onion. Before that, has to marinate the chicken with oyster sauce before cooking in slow cooker. The whole chicken need to be cook for 5 hours in HIGH MODE, do add some seasoning for nice flavour and it is a delicious meal to eat with steamed rice. It is good to serve this dish during family gathering....Yummy!!
I've actually only cooked chicken in the crock pot a couple of times, but all of the times that I've done it, it has been a big hit for our family. One time I shredded it after it was cooked and then poured barbeque sauce over the pulled chicken and served it as barbequed pulled chicken. The other time I shredded it as well and served it with some ham and swiss cheese on buns and made it a quick chicken cordon bleu.
• Pamplona, Spain
Hiya gifts, Well I can see chem and someone else sorry I forgot the user name but they have given very good tips already. Crock pots are wonderful I had to give mine away ages ago anyway they cook the Chicken wonderfully and yes you can do all that what chem and the other mylotter has said. Also they keep the Kitchen nice and warm too much better than an electric oven. I have tried to get a slow cooker for ages and I have not found one yet on this side of the Coast so I will have to go down to the other side of the Coast like the Costa Brava to get one. I really miss them as I get lazy and all I feel like doing is a chicken or stewed beef and it really is fantastic. Tell us how it came out after please.
@shafiya (26)
hi friends, i also like to cook a whole chicken. but i didnt do that. but i know to cook a whole chicken means to cook using electric cooker. because it flush all over the chicken. if we cook a whole chicken means we carefully cook all the parts of a chicken is cooked. so it is important.
@Polly1 (12646)
You can put anything in a slow cooker and have it coming out tasting yummy. I read some of your other responses, you have some good ideas here. Makes me hungry for some chicken.