can't keep in touch

@LittleMel (14033)
I have this problem trying to contact an online friend by e-mail. I don't know any other way to contact her because I only met her online, I don't know her real name or phone # and address. When she first gave me her email address, things were going fine, we emailed each other back and forth. Then out of the sudden I received a spam email from her. I forwarded this spam to her and it bounced. So her email was spoofed, or hacked. The spam really was sent from her email address. If it wasn't, it wouldn't have bounced. Now I don't know what to do, because I keep receiving emails from her just fine, while I can't reply to her at all. This spam email was sent to all her contacts, I can see their names as CC. It's just frustrating because I know she is not sending these spams, but hopefully someone in her contact list knows her personally and let her know about it. I looked it up online and apparently I am not the only one having a problem sending to the particular email server, but they were suggesting to block the whole server. I'm not sure if I want to do that, because at least right now I am still receiving emails from her. Have you had this problem before? or something similar? Did you finally get to contact the other person?
@bunnybon7 (46803)
• Holiday, Florida
im wondering if you got your friends new addy yet? you know i had one on here, mylot friend, that i gave my email to and she never responded to anything unless it was to the spam she sent me. just seemed she wanted me to read her blogs, etc. she stopped responding to any of my discussions either. even when i did hers. now here on mylot, i figure its like "scratch my back, i'll scratch yours" maybe not a good way to look at it, but thats how i feel. participation is all about being friends here. i took her off my friends here and blocked her email. i figure if she wants to let me know im not just being used for her benefit, she will let me know here. and she never did. so have you heard from your friend? as this discussion is 5 mths old.....lol.
@LittleMel (14033)
she sent you spam lol doesn't seem like friend to me yes my friend and I got to talk in the forum where we met she said she will have someone fix her pc and all the emailing problems I've never heard from her since then I don't know how to contact her other than email and the forum (not mylot) and now I am not even active in that other forum lol well I wish her well
Looks like you have to wait for her emails as you aren't able to keep in touch with her through your emailing here. I don't see that happening to me or probably am not aware. I need t to investigate if my reach its destinations. But so far I have no problems contacting my contacts.
@LittleMel (14033)
if I found her through mylot it would've been OK I could use mylot PM but I found her on another forum that doesn't have PM system at least up to now it's OK though, she found out and she told me she is fixing it
@polachicago (19073)
Hi LittleMel, I am not much active lately due to heavy work schedule and some life changes. However, my email was hacked as well and ugly messages were send to many of my friends. I think other people have a problem as well. Miss you. HUGS
@LittleMel (14033)
miss you too just email me if you have new email address