Is she crazy or just too honest?

I don't know if you know what 40 logo is. It is a drink that is full of alcohal and should be sold only in bars. My daughter just asked me to buy her oe. I said no and went to leave the store. She said mommie I just want to try it. I said when they have to pump your stomuch don't call me. Walking as I said it. She said mommie I am going to try it behind your back. Is this child crazy or just to honest. As long as I did not buy it for her I can sleep at night.
@carmelanirel (20948)
Gifts, you better tell her right ow what the consequences will be if she sneaks behind your back. And most importantly if she does, even if she begs you, don't back down and follow through. Not that you struggle in this area, but I know some parents who threaten punishment only to not follow through, causing the child to risk doing whatever they want. In fact since she is a minor, I would call the local police department and ask what you can do and what she said. They may give you some good advice or offer for a woman officer to talk to your daughter.
I hope and pray the girl does not go out and drink this. This drink is hard core and will tear her up. She was fine after we got in the house last night. I will do more than call the cops if she drinks that and end up in the hospital. I told her already If push come to shove a group home will be taking care of her for the next two years. I have had my fair share of struggles with her. My brother and family can really see the big change in her since being locked up and we don't want any falling outs around here. NONE!
That's good gifts, but I wonder if you call the police now, for any advice? I don't know, because my first three kids, though not perfect, didn't threaten to go out and drink like that. The worse one did was leave with her boyfriend when she knew it was wrong and sure enough, she ended up pregnant. But she also probably wanted to, she now has 2 boys and is happy, I guess..(This is the daughter that doesn't speak to me because she thinks I am strict with my rules, oh well, her brothers and sister didn't think so)
As of right now she is not thinking about it anymore. She is looking for fruit punch to drink. So,all is good. it is sad your daughter don't speak to you. But,you will make it through.
@angelface23 (2496)
yaeh how old is she?? I wouldn't buy it for my daughter. If she said to me that she would try it behind my back then I would have to carefully monitor her. If i do ever catch her drunk then she will have to pay the price. I happen to work in a place where I could take her to the morgue and scare the crap out of her. Hopefully that will work.
@suspenseful (40312)
I think she is just trying to get your back up. I doubt that she would actually drink it, but it would be wise to keep your eye on her. Depends on whether she makes empty threats or whether she goes out takes the stuff. I can read that you really laid down the law to her so when and if she decides to take it, she will hesitate or think with regret back to what you said.
I can't even tell you how the law was laid. I am not playing with her and she knows this. I did my share of worrying and crying it is time for her to start thinking about her life. I don't think she will do this.
@ruzzel016 (241)
your daughter is just curious about the 40 logo, and she want to know how it taste like and maybe her friends are the reason behind this curiosity of here and maybe they talk about this 40 logo and some of them have taste it and she want also to know the taste..
yes she is very concerned about how this tastes.
gifts let us hope she was just kidding as you have raised her and know that she will do the right thing. However you have to admit that she was being very honest with you and this is why I feel she will make the right choices as what child actually does something wrong and literally will tell their mom that they did. I am glad you did not give in and buy it as so many parents today, forget that they are parents above all and not friends. This is the problem with so many parents today that they feel they have to be friends with their kids and become so lenient with the rules and then later wonder what happened.
Oh I had my share of doing that. Feeling like I was going to be the bad guy and not wanting to hurt her. I try to let her know each day those days are over. I am the mother and she can hate me if he wants. Then I remind her she still loves me regaurdless.
@KrauseHome (36636)
Well, unfortunately this is the way that a lot of kids are thinking these days no matter how old they are, and a lot of it can be the peer pressure around them that makes them want to try this as well. Since I do not drink anymore I am unaware of some of the many New things that are out there. I know if it was my child I would just try to tell them that drinks like this can be dangerous if not knowing how to handle them, and Best for them to wait until they are old enough, and then hope for the Best.
I did all the talking about drinking I could. She knows how I use to look getting drunk all the time. i stopped and she was so happy. My father was a drunk and so is hers. So my mother says its in her blood to want to drink. I don't know what else I can say.
@Thoroughrob (11746)
I would tell her that she is underage. I will not condone it, and if she does it behind my back there will be consequences she will face. There is no way that I would buy it for my kids.
The good thing is she already knows I am not playing with her.if she were to drink this is would be her fault she ended up in the group home. So,I sleep very well knowing i did my part not buying it for her.
@ip5217 (1655)
Wow, that's the first time I've heard a child answering her mother that way. I think that response was just out of impulse; I don't think she intended to do that. What she wanted to do was to annoy you at that very moment because you won't buy her one.
I think she was trying to make me feel bad and go back to the store and buy it. But,it did not work that way. I know I will not help kill my child with this drink. I a a grown woman and could not take more than one sip of that strong stuff.
@winterose (39892)
I think she should be disciplined for going against your word, because if you you sent her a very clear message, mommmy says no but I can do it anyhow and she won't do a thing. You need to parent my sweet friend, before it gets out of hand and she never listens to you at all.
She did not drink any of it. I did not buy if for her. She just said she will do it behind my back. I don't know where she would being she is always at home. But,who knows with kids right..
How old is she? And geez, most kids would not be that honest. Maybe she was trying to blackmail you: buy it for me or I'll go drink it where you can't keep an eye on me and something bad might happen.
My spoiled brat is 16 and she meant it when she said it. She is brutally honest with me. that is a hard core drink they sell on the corner there. Hard core..
@kingparker (9681)
Well, do you think she is going to do it? You are the mother, you should know your daughter better than anyone else. If she really going to try it behind your back, will you really do it? If she was just bluffing, you have nothing to worry about.
@34momma (13891)
OMG!!!! she is honest and crazy and i would have honestly knocked her into next week!!!! I would so have a problem with one of my children asking me to buy them booze if they are under 21. I would have a serious issue if they are telling me if i don't buy it they are going to get it anyway!! I tell you these damn kids love to test you. but i know for me in my home... my child would have gotten a ear full and a a$$ kicking!!!