Do you like shopping with your spouse?

have to go cat shopping today. Adrian is sleeping like a baby. I was wondering if I should take him with me. He loves to be around me which is nice. But,I don't want to be rushed and he has an appointment at 4. I like going food shopping with him. I think I would lke to ct shop with him. Can you stand to be rushed out of a store? do you prefer to shop alone?
@Nadinest1 (2021)
Shop with my spouse??? Are you kidding??? When we walk into Walmart, he goes in one direction and I go in the other. He looks at thee things he likes and I do the same. As far as grocery shopping, I cannot even get him in the store.....when I have to load up on groceries, I go by myself....if I need to pick up a couple of things,, he waits in the truck. He hates it.
It really depends on the situation whether or not I like to go shopping with my husband. You see, he was forced to go clothes shopping with his mother when he was a child and he always rushes me through that when he goes with me, so on something like that I definitely do not like going shopping with him. However, I do like to have him with me when I go to the grocery store because that way we are both able to get things that we like to eat.
@SViswan (12057)
I HATE shopping with my husband. I hate being rushed and sometimes I like to look around even if I'm not buying. I might need to get an idea on things we could buy later. But my husband's a 'rusher' and in the process I end up buying something I do not want or might not use. I do not like to waste money that way. So, I prefer shopping alone where I am relaxed and spend my time on checking things out too.
If I have time,I always go shopping with my wife,especially when we go clothes shopping.She is a tailoress,she's familiar with most of the cloth or clothes,she can choose eligible clothes for me,and I can tell her if I like the clothes that she wants to buy or if the colour is fine,and we can chat along the way......
I am sort of fifty fifty on this. Big shopping trips for food it is so nice to have help, but if I want to go someplace and look at a lot of stuff, I tend to not like having hubby along. I want to take my time. Sometimes I pick up stuff then change my mind and put it back, and I want to be able to do all of that.
I am this way when it comes to changing my mind. I will leave it up front or take it back. That is a good reason to go alone.
I prefer to go shopping with my boyfriend but it is so difficult. He likes to go in and go out. He likes going grocery shopping with me so he can get his stuff but I cannot stay long because he hates "shopping" he wants to get stuff and get out. The same way when we go to the mall he does not like trying on clothes he knows his size and he gets his stuff and gets out
I could not shop with him at the goodwill. I like taking my time going through the racks. Looking for treasure takes time. LOL It is nice to spend time together.
I actually hate shopping alone, but i have gone grocery shopping alone before and it doesnt bother me as i get it done alot faster at times when im by myself and have more time for other things in my day. Most of the time i do shop for my boyfriend when buying him clothes and other things he needs and he doesnt mind at all because he wouldnt do it at all ever, so it helps me and him at the same time and its getting done at least. He also does shop for my dog when i need some dog food and we will run to the pet store as it is closer to him then me and it helps me out as well. I think chipping in to help eachother out is great and is great when it helps out one another as well.
I just got a kitten last night. I can't wait to see if adrian buys my sweetie some toys. I keep the cat at his house because I can't have one at my house.
@carmelanirel (20948)
I don't like shopping with my husband for the opposite reason, I like to get what is on my list and leave. Of course if I am in the market for purchasing something in the future, then I will take some time to see what is available, but usually I just want to get my purchases..
I think I will leave him home. I plan to look for some other stuff too.
@dreamy1 (3812)
I can go grocery shopping with my boyfriend but anything else no. A few weeks ago I was visiting and told him I wanted to stop at a few places (DSW, TJMAXX, etc). OMG for one he likes to walk close to me like he's scared to go look at stuff for himself so he hovers over me every where I go almost walking over top of me. Then he asks me every minute how long am I going to be. It was driving me nuts! I just gave up and said forget it I'll go to these places when I get to my house.
This would drive my nerves crazy. I would not be able to shop at all. I think you did the right thing..
I can't walk that far, so I either know what I want before I get there, or I order it on line and have it delivered.
@sender621 (14923)
Unfortunately, my spouse is no longer with me. i did enjoy shopping for some things with him. there were some things he shopped for that just didnt seem as fascinating to me as it was to him. if i lost him in the store i always knew to go to sporting goods. i would be sure to find him there. Shopping together can be a delight but sometimes those moments to yourself are precious too.
I would love to bring my husband along with me to shop especially when i'm shopping for clothes or things that we need at home because i want his second opinion. LIke most men, he doesn't have enough patience waiting on me while i choose piles and piles of clothes so he would just wait outside or would go somewhere else. When i was single i prefer to shop alone coz i would walk for hours and hours searching for that perfect item at a reasonable price. But when i got married i can't seem to go alone without my husband and i feel a bit awkward doing so.
@kheydia (882)
i'd like to go shopping with my husband because i am not used in going somewhere alone, and besides i have someone to talk to or to ask some opinions with what i'm buying and of course he will carry those stuff that i will bought, but then sometimes, i wanted to do it alone for he always rushing me to go home, he easily gets tired to go on with some other stores so, i guess shopping with spouses will just make you stress and you will not satisfy with your shopping...
I don't like shopping with my wife.She keeps house and has interest in all that she sees when we go shopping.I am of impatient disposition.As long as she stays for a while at a shop I at once show signs of impatience.
@sunny5u (2069)
Hi, I like shopping, but i don't stand there for hours together but i will search till i find the thing what i went for actually, i usually go with my friends, friends have much patience for shopping :-) :-P , but i don't like to go shopping with my dad since he always rush us, and which doesn't give any satisfaction :-(, i don't like to shop alone, i either take my sister or my mom, as i am not married i don't know about spouse :-P
@biach17 (196)
When you talk about buying of clothes, shoes, bags or any women addictions id rather shop alone. i dont want my man looking impatient or uninterested or making me rush with what im excited about...i can go with him and buy some grocery stuff that we always do...but thats it. he can stay home and watch NBA for all i care ....
@Sanitary (3968)
I prefer to shop with my bf because he's able to give my opinions as well as pay for me, when i purposely set my eyes on something expensive, yet not really nice. That's the only advantage of having him around. IF not, i'm just the same, hate to be rushed out of the store by his constant nagging, not able to understand why we have to keep trying those tops, while looking for bottoms, skirts, to even shoes to match when we are just buying one of the many.
I prefer to shop alone because it always took me a lot of time to buy what I want. And besides my husband is not patient enough to bear with my shopping time so I'd rather not take him with me.
@zweeb82 (5711)
We do it together with our 8 months old son if possible. If not, either my wife or I'll get the stuff. If it's done alone, it's normally super fast for me but my wife would take her time as it's kind of relaxing for her as she's been taking care of my son all the while so a breathe of fresh air for her. I'm fine if I'm not in a hurry but if I'm in a rush, I'd rather not go together as I tend to have too many things on my mind thus giving my wife unnecessary pressure as I know women would normally like to shop a bit longer
Okay my sweetie is a very passive and patient man, and would never say no to me right, but if it is shopping sure he will go, but I can see from his facial gestures that it is time to go. If I say why are you rushing me, he will say no I am not rushing, but I can see from his face that I better hurry. lol Something about men who with their eyes closed grab and run, while we have to look through the aisles.