Are you still using your heat?

It is spring time and it is 39 degrees in NY. I am wondering if I can continue to freeze like this. I turned it on the warm the house this morning. After kk went to school I shut it off. I am in a sweater and have on long pants and long socks. It fees like I am freezing to the bones now. I should not need my heat right now. What about your heating in your home?
@jazel_juan (15752)
how i wish we have such heater at home.. it gets freakin cold here during the night and well we just cuddle in the blanket lol..but it gets the very exact opposite in the day, the sun will be scorching hot!!!
@cream97 (29151)
Hi. giftsandbagscom. Yes, I am using my heat right now. We had it on all of yesterday. And, we have it on right now too. It has been cool all of this weekend. It started feeling really cool on last Friday. It is cold right now. It is 44 degrees. It was cold on this morning too. I had to put the heater on while my kids was in school. As soon as my husband left this morning to go to work, I turned the heater off. It started to get really cold in here, so I took the heater out of the bedroom and I turned it on. I put the heater right in front of me. We have Central heat too. I told my kids that it will get right back to being cold. So, they will continue to wear their coats until May. I don't play around in this cool air. This is a good way for someone to get a bad cold. I have a slight cold right now and I was inside of my home all day long until it was time for me to get my kids off of the school bus. Stay warm, gifts!
@jugsjugs (13038)
I will say that since i have had cavity walls insulated i have not had to put the heat on, but only once.It is very cold still of the evenings here, as i am in the uk.I have central heating and if i need it on, i will put it on, as i am not ment to get cold.
@mermaidivy (15404)
It is still freezing cold in MA here as well... We're still using the gas stove and the heat for the warmth. I can't stand when it is so cold, I have to keep the house at least 75 degrees inside or more.
@LaurenInLA (2271)
I'm in the Pacific Northwest and the weather is strange. I am still using heat but not everyday. One day it will go up to 60 and a couple of days later we will drop down into the high thirties at night but we do have signs of spring. Don't give up hope!
We had one day that was 60 degrees here and boy was It nice.
@dodo19 (42587)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
Yes, I still do. I live in Montreal, Canada. It's still cold. My husband and I don't feel that we have much of a choice. It's a little too cold not to turn on the heat. Neither one of us likes to freeze.
If I was living there I would be using the heat as well.
@sender621 (14933)
As much as i would like to officially live in springtime, winter weather wants to keep hanging on. unfortunately, my furnace still has to keep running until the warmer weather is here to stay.
Yes this is true I see the winter not wanting to leave as well.
@Suzieqmom (2760)
Yup, here in NJ too--it hasn't even reached 40 degrees yet. I have on two sweaters and thermals, and have decided to turn the heat back on because I am so cold I can't type! I guess we're going straight from winter to summer again this year. . .sigh.
Yes I agree with you I could barely type this morning too. I have the heat off now and will turn it on tomorrow.
@sedel1027 (17850)
We are still using our heat here in coastal central California. We have 2 glorious days of warm weather and now we are back to some sun but in the 50-60s. Guess those 2 days were our warm weather until October, boo
@Nadinest1 (2034)
In eastern Canada, we are still using our wood furnace...and will be for a while yet. The front of my house has big windows and the March/April sun really warms the house up. Maybe you could cook when your house is cold....the heat from the over will help.
Lol! It`s still cold over there. I always like to brag about the weather here in california to my family and friends back in NY. It`s crazy how it`s still so cold at this time of the year. Let`s hope the world isnt ending. :x Oh, and to answer your question, no. No more heater. Blanket is just fine. :)
@katie0 (5208)
• Japan
Yes, as a matter a fact I am and I think everywhere in the world that is spring is still feeling like this. I love winter!
I had it off a week ago. Now I have it on. If the weather is correct, by Friday I will have it off again. It just goes one way and then another. Spring and fall weather change all the time.I have a heated mattress pad and so we turn the heat way down at night.
I am fortunate that I live in an apartment complex that gives good heat. Too much heat in fact most of the time. But I'd rather be hot than cold. We have been wearing shorts and t-shirts and opening windows. At least we'll be used to the heat when summer comes!
Our heat stays on until usually sometime in May. Around here the snow has to be off the mountains that surround our city before it starts to warm up. It is usually in the 50's during the day with winds and the chill factor making it seem alot cooler. We have level pay here so that helps.
We use the heater during the daytime, when we are awake. However, at night when we're all bundled up in our big quilts, we really don't need it. It will be nice when Spring comes, and we can turn it off alltogether. :) YAY! Our heat is electric, so when we turn it off, it'll cost less
In Arkansas it was 80 last week and it is now 49, BIG DIFFERECE , windows open one day , the next day we have the heater on , No wonder everyone is sick !!
@dreamy1 (3815)
Yes I just used my heater in my bathroom when I took a shower. It's ok in my room but the bathroom was colder. I don't have the heat on now but I have two layers on. I had it on for a little bit last night. I have a portable heater that I use.
@lelin1123 (15634)
• Puerto Rico
I'm so sorry for what you are going through with the cold weather like so many on the eastern seaboard. It is the main reason I decided to move to Puerto Rico. I don't have to deal with heating up my home at all. Its for the most part comfortable weather it will get a little chilly in the middle of the night from December to March down to about 64 degrees. Yes, here in the sixty its chilly. So all I do is throw the comforter on me for a couple of hours and then I'm kicking them off way before I have to get up. Right now its 86 degrees and I truly wish I could send you some of this warmth to you. New York has had a really horrible winter. All you can do to get the chill out of your bones is to put on layers and drink some hot chocolate. Good luck and hope the beautiful spring weather is there before you know it.
No i am not using my heat. Here in my area the temperature is 1-6 degree which is plus not minus. So i don't need heat in my room in room it's normal temperature and the water is quite cool so i also don't need to use freeze. Have a good time!