Would You Like Dial Up?

@erikmama (12929)
If some of you have missed me the last few weeks, it is because i have been without Internet. I moved to a mew city and had to get a newprovider. I have been through everything you can think of...and am waiting 3 weeks later for AT&T to come out...so since I work onlne, I got dial up. I had to buy an adapter for $20 and now am online. It isnt as bad as I thought it was going to be..It isn't as slow as I thought. And it is a lot cheaper. They said it would be 50x slower, but I dont think so. I am going to give it a few days, but Imight just keep it and save... Have you ever used dial up? Would you oconsider dial up? What do you think about those who prefer dial up to high speed Internet?
hi erikmama. i used to have dial up and i didn't find it as bad or as slow as what others said. i would agree that it is a cheaper alternative to getting an internet plan. in my opinion, if the dial up you have right now suits your needs and there is no need for you to move to a high speed internet, you'd be best to stick to dial up. also the savings you get might be put for better use. so there. glad that you're back erikmama! see you in the discussion boards!
hi erikmama. now i remember why i switched to high speed internet. had problems with my current provider so i had no choice but to use dial up. this particular dial up i had was painfully slooooooowwwwwwwwwwww! i wanted to punch someone in the face every time i was trying to access a page. all's good with my internet now and i'm back to my usual provider. so how have you been erikmama?
@tonyllenium (6259)
I remember when i used the dial up connection but i remember also it was eally slow considering that in the past the internet contents were much more simple than now considering graphics and media too!!So i think that now using a broadband one should result much more affordable for price but also for speed and performances..
• Greece
i need speed. i used to have dial up which was extremely slow for me. the way to go is broadband in my opinion. you can do almost nothing with dialup connections.
I figure if it works for you, then use it. I'm too impatient, love high-speed. I had to wait a month for my AT&T UVerse and... even though it's fast, I've had losts faster! But in the rural area I live in, it's all that's available. I haven't has dial-up for years and hope I don't ever have to go back to it, but if it's all I could afford or all that was available, I'd dialup in a heartbeat just to be online!
Back when there were no other options, I did have dialup, but I've had a cable modem for over the last nine years and I can't imagine going back. In fact, there are times that I will access the internet through free points (like at the hospital for Tom's treatments) and even the fact that those networks are slower than I am used to drive me crazy. If there was absolutely no other option, then I might go for it, but I certainly wouldn't be happy about it.
@bounce58 (17447)
I've used dial up before. Just before I got the high speed variety. I think if you don't do a lot of uploading (or even downloading), dial up is good enough. And if it is a lot cheaper, then maybe it's a better alternative. How are you finding it so far?
I was wondering why I have not seen you on here in the last few days, but I am glad that you are back. I had dial up, but had to get a faster connection because everytime I would be online my Intern would kick me off and it had a negative affect on my grades. If it is working well for you I would keep dial up.
@Judy890 (1644)
Hello erikmama, yes ive used dial up 3-4 years ago and i didnt like the speed of it, it was very slow it took about a minute or more to load a web page. I wouldnt recommend dial up to anyone. High speed internet is fast the web pages load less than 10 seconds and watching videos on high speed is great.
@millertime (1397)
I spent a lot of years with dial up internet because where I lived, I didn't have access to cable or DSL and it was before satellite internet was available. Now that I have had broadband, I would hate going back to slow dial up. I'm just too used to the fast page loads and super fast download speeds. I could put up with it for a while but I wouldn't want to for very long. Nowadays, you can get something faster, even in outlying areas, so even with the higher cost, I would pay it to have the high speed.
I used to have dial up, but I do not think I would want to go back, unless I really needed to save money. I can see how it would not be too bad for writing, because it does not take a lot of speed, after you do your research. I had noticed you were missing. Didn't you say you were getting married, or am I mistaken? Any way it is good to know you are okay.
@Adornado (103)
Yes I used a dial-up connection before but for me I personally dont like to use dial-up internet connection because that its so slow even in uploading text based web pages. I prefer to use broadband internet connection.