Do you feed the homeless on the street?

My mother was hungry and had no money a friend went to Mc Donald's. He bought er something to eat and while in the car she saw a man get a drink out of the garbage and drink it. She said,her heart was hurt and see got out the car and gave the man the food that was bought for her. She said the man said thanks with a big smile on his face. She said god bless you and got in the car.
@ur4mae (217)
God bless your mom! If I have food at hand, I give. Although I experienced one time that I gave a pack of bread to a street kid and a big man approached her and talked to her and she gave all the bread to the man and the man just gave her a small piece of bread. :( That was sad. But as much as I can, I try to give food. Not money, though.
That was nice to give them because it filled them right on up. thanks.
• Kiryat Ata, Israel
That can also give evidence about abusing people : If there is a strong guy who forces someone to ask for money at the crossroads and then he takes most of the money being collected , it is abusing the week man. I think I will never give money to abused people so the bullie will not get the money.
maybe its time f or cities and towns tot do something practical like finding jobs and cheap housing for a lot of middle class people suddenly made homeless as a lot of people now are on the streets who should not be there because they lost their jobs and lost their homes for not being able to pay house payments or rent.these people need real help not jut a pat and some food but helped back to restore their self respect and once more be the people they were before life turned things upside down.
@zaahro (748)
Hii.... it was very kind of her. Sometime we just can't help seeing people in the street with horrible conditions. If our heart knocked, we will pray for them, or even go to help them. I seldom give food to the homeless cz whenever I meet them, I bring no food. I just give some money from my purse so that they can buy food and drinks with it.
That will add blessings to your life for sure. I hope they know your an angel in plain clothing..
@shrike (123)
hi! your mother has a good heart. there are few people now a days has a heart like that. sometimes even we see it in our own eyes that someone needs our help, instead of helping them we don't even bother. my tita always tell us that, if we want to receive a blessing, we should give blessings to others first. of course not expecting something in return.
@WakeUpKitty (8698)
• Netherlands
I would with food, or shoppings over here. But I found out that people (over here) seldom appreciate it. they prefer the money (to buy something else from it). I did sent many years parcels with food, meds etc to people abroad. Now I only help out friends/family if I know they can use it (mostly food, cooked meal or stuff). I need it myself way to hard to see it been wasted and give it to people who are not happy with it anyway. I am happy your mom got such a big smile back but I also hope she got a meal as well.
She went without to see the man eat and she was fine with that. I guess she ate later ate home.
@beamer88 (4266)
I would do the same thing if I was in your mother's situation. I don't think I could eat my food having seen someone rummaging in the trash just to get food. I would probably give half my food to him. I usually put myself in the their shoes. Like what if I was the one sifting through trash just to get something to eat? Yet, there are instances where I don't give anything to homeless people who rudely beg for food and money. This is common in my country. But I guess this is a different situation altogether.
My mother said she was thinking of that being one of her kids who needed food.
Hi Gifts, I've given money for a person to go to McDonald's which wasn't far from the church I was parked at. I have also given the coat I was wearing to a homeless woman because she looked so cold. I was with my former pastor and his wife and kids, when we saw them. My pastor stopped and gave the person some money for food and I gave my coat. I got another coat for Christmas so all was good anyway.
That was just a wonderful thing to do. I hope she was warmer and knew you were blessed to give her that. I am glad you got a new coat too.
@leeandrew (1226)
Yes I do, but not very often co's I don't have the means to do it. But since my in-laws are homeless and food-less... I think I can consider them one too. hahahaha. joking! Bless your mom's kind heart!
@surekharathi (14134)
I always ready to give the food those persons who are on street but my danger and sweet husband not like this because some time they say no need food only we want money and give me some money then my hubby will annoy on me and say see this beggar.
@asliah (11144)
hi, if i could only have many money why not,of course i will feed them,but since my life status is not really good so i cant do that,even to give some coins to them is really hard for me,i am very frugal person in terms of money.
@NailTech (6884)
That was so nice of your mother to be so unselfish and give the man her food when she herself was broke with no money as well. I hope someone helps her the way she helped that man, again. Some people who are as poor themselves will be unselfish to others who are just like them. God bless your mother, she is a wonderful person. I hope things get better for her. God bless that friend of hers who bought her the food as well, very kind of him as well. I see some homeless around here too, more than ever. I have thought of giving them some food, etc. I donate alot of my old clothes and such whenever possible. I just gave several bags of them recently. It is heart breaking to know there are still homeless people out there in the world in this day and age, our govts are failing us, badly.
@inertia4 (27931)
I don't like to see people living in the street and hungry. I would have done the same thing. It is disheartening to see that. I believe what goes around comes around, so, if you help someone like that something good will come your way.
@cassije74 (247)
Hi gift! Your name sounds you are already a gift ! wheww... Your mother has that kind-hearted and merciful heart which i wish everybody should have and possess of. Not everybody has the ability to give even to the last food she has on her hands still willing to give just for the sake of other person. Better to give than to receive is what i always heard of. " What you plant is what you harvest " is a biblical idea that keeps on lingering my thoughts. And that mother of yours is one way or another fulfilling that statement. She give that food and in return the man blesses her with that God's blessing indeed. And when God blesses a person it is not just a single food as what your mom can do, but rather more than a person needs. I also experienced it one time, i bought bread at the bakeshop and was hungry at that time when a little boy approached me and asked it for me. It was pitiful and so i wasn't eating them instead i give it up to him thinking he was more hungry than me. And a small thank you was enough for me to satisfy me in behalf of the bread. Satisfying our soul is more important that satisfying our body.
@ticuso (127)
• Mexico
Wow,what can I say God bless your mom, that was very thoughtful I've did something in that direction but God has paid me back a thousand times!! and that's everytime!
You Mother has a warm and loving heart and seems to be a compassionate woman. That was a very nice gesture to make. She was hungry and thought of another's need who was ever more strapped for food than she was. Giving someone food is one thing. Handing over money is another and could be dangerous. It can lead to being robbed or mugged. This has happened many times all over the world. It is better to donate to a food bank or volunteer at a soup kitchen to help those who are homeless and hungry. Enjoy today!
AWWWWW How sad and sweet of your mother. There are not many people like that anymore. I would have done the same thing if it was me.
@myzhian (585)
Yes, I feed the homeless on the street specially the disabled ones and the street children who are really not capable of providing their own basic needs! And I guess we need to appreciate the simple things we had instead of complaining and blaming God why we aren't millionaires. We must share the gifts that god has given to us to the less fortunate people, because we are his instruments to bring his blessings and graces to others who are in need for survival.
@cerebellum (3870)
What a kind heart your mother must have! I have never been in that situation, but I would like to think I would do the same thing. There is a homeless guy that stands at an intersection sometimes and asks for money. I haven't seen him for awhile, but a few years ago we asked him to help put a new roof on. I think giving someone food or some menial work to do for money, is better than just giving them money.
@2004cqui (2819)
I've seen many different sides of this "needy folks" scenario. Lots of them are not as needy as you may think! There are the needy veterans who actually have clothes to make them ridiculously poor! There are people who have a mental condition that won't allow them to remain with four walls. We had one in our neighborhood who pushed a grocery card around everywhere with "all of his belongings". The city stepped in and offered him help. He could have a free apartment, money and food, just to get him off the street. Turned out he was actually wealthy. So he continued to walk around with whatever mental disability he had. My oldest son actually would talk to some of these people and actually made friends with a couple of them. Some choose to stock pile the money they get from the street. But to be on the safe side we all choose to give to them. Then one day God blessed me with a beautiful son with autism. Now I work for people in his public housing unit getting things they need just to live from day to day. They have to be considered disabled by Social Security so they have little to live on. Getting them air conditioners for a few bucks, air purifying fans, microwaves, etc. for little or next to nothing makes them proud to say they did it themselves. I do the shopping and delivering so they don't have to! This way I know my money goes directly to those who need it.
@TheCatLady (4695)
• Israel
Your mom is a good person. She thinks of others and not just herself.
wow that is very sweet of your mom for doing that there where so many times that i gave homeless people money and for some reason it was always at McDonald's i remember some guy came inside McDonald's and was beging people if he could have some of there food and me and my mom got him a big mac meal he was so happy.