I am no personal taxi...

My daughter just asked me if I want to drive someplace... I said no and walked out the room. I drove her tail back and forth here and there and she thinks this will continue. Not!!! I came home to take care f some stuff and I will be going back to adrain's house. gas is too expensive to play her personal taxi.
@kedves (728)
wow you do know she is your daughter your flesh and blood .. but you put this guy ahead of her? wow incredible !
You missed a lot of my posts I can tell. LOL When or if you get caught up you will see she caused all this on her own.
kedves don't judge her as you do not know her history and the way her daughter KayKay has treated her mom. Sharon has bent over backwards to please that girl ,and KayKay defied her, smoked weed, got high,all the things no parent wants their beloved daughter to do;so please do not act like that. Sharon was driven to the breaking point by this rebellious child. so yes she caused this on her own.her moms been if anything way too good to her.
@kedves (728)
oh i see so i don't know what its like to have a child be rebellious .. well i do and i STAND by mine .. they are in this world because of me and it is my duty to care for them and try to steer them in right direction. and im sorry but anyone comes in my life and tells me leave my child or leave them then i leave them. sorry that is my view like it or not our children are always our responsibility and maybe if this guy, ok i dont know whole story, but maybe if he gave her help and support instead of ultimatums then maybe its a different outcome. i wish them all good luck and pray they do what is right. she seems a nice woman by some of her posts but all i can see is she needs support from him not the other way round. but yes when i have time i will read further but for me i can never turn my back on my children no matter what they do. sorry.
@digidogo (446)
How old is your daughter? Old enough to take care of herself? If she does it sometimes, we could understand. She might want to get a free ride off her parent. I do that so as to be able to save money. When we are older, we tend not to ask for money from our parents and we do what is best to help us save. In the end, it still is your decision to rider her around or not.
I just gave her money she could use that t pay a taxi. She is a user and I am not being used.
@digidogo (446)
Ahhh, I get the idea now. I see how things are and you probably know how to handle your daughter best. All the good wishes to you then. Take care in life always!
@cher913 (25865)
get her to pay for some of the gas if she continues! good for you though!
I really don't want her money I would rather not drive her today.
You're right. My parents never drove me anywhere because we never had a car, still don't, I'm eighteen at the moment and I want to get my own license and car as soon as possible. We're not poor: we just like to spend our money on other things. The only reason I want a car is for school or so. Other than that I'm fine with my bike since it can be really relaxing to ride on my bike with some music playing. Just tell her that there are people who don't have a car and that walking or riding a bike is perfectly fine.
We had two bikes before I had a car as well. We would hang out food bags on the handle bars.
@dodo19 (36732)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
With gas being so expensive, you can't always drive your daughter around all the time. At one point or another, we need to find our own ways to get around from place to place, and not have to rely on our parents.
That is true and so with others as well.
hi gifts good for you stick up for yourself and dont let her walk all over you.its time she started to grow up a bit.Surely in New York state you have cabs and buses so let her fend for herself now. shes so used to your giving in to her every whim shes just spoiled. t ake care Gifts. hugs from hatley.
That is why I am saying no. she just got dressed and she has cab fair so let that work for her. this feels so good..
@WakeUpKitty (8698)
• Netherlands
Bravo! I am very proud of you! Enjoy your staying with Adrian and pamper yourself! That is the only thing that counts.
I am home now for some computer time and stuff and we will be going back this afternoon. Thanks so much..
@stringer321 (3707)
• Kiryat Ata, Israel
It's hard to tell now who is the first one who brought that nightmare situations here. Obviously , the girl takes you for granted and doesn't appreciates your hard efforts for surviving with her. I also think Adrian had to consider you have a daughter that has needs and to be ready to support her , like a gentelman or a father. After all , there is a father that is missing here in the picture. It makes life harder. I also recommend you to have an honest conversation with your daughter , tell her that you love her but your life is hard and no support from anyone , and that you can barely help yourself. You wish you could help her and with joy but it's not so. She asks you for things that maybe she can get by herself and let you rest. Maybe you can tell her : "I want to help you and make you feel good but you have to help me to help you , because I have problems and I need support." You are a normal person , not a superman and it is ok to discover your weekness.Even in front of your daughter.
@MsTickle (25051)
For gosh sakes! You don't say no to being a taxi then give her the money for an actual taxi!!! This is all a big joke right? You are making up these situations to see how long we will be gullible and believe you? This has got to be the craziest thing I ever heard. It's not Kay that has brought this on herself...(she's a spoiled brat). It's YOU who have brought this on yourself and you can't even see it. Sorry mate but I feel no sympathy for you.
I don't blame you a bit... but I almost bet you will come home to find more holes in the wall in retaliation. I hope things work themselves out over time. My thoughts are your landlord will evict her and you lose the apartment because you aren't there and the person is there is not taking care of it.
I would tell her that if she wants to pay for your gas you can do it LOL Kids think they can get away with so much nowadays and they need to realize that things in life are not cheap.
@aghiuta (526)
Good for you! I understand if she would be a person that would give as much as she takes,but by your postings I see she is a total brat,that does not deserve your efforts. Time to put yourself first and for her to discover how to manage on her own! Hang tough,and may be it will work!May be she will get the message!
@cutepenguin (6448)
She has to learn sometime, and now is definitely a good time!
@flapiz (9480)
Well I am a daughter and not a parent and here is my side. I think asking my dad to drive me is okay if it is really very important or occasionally. But if it isn't so important or it's just for unnecessary things I prefer commuting or walking if it is not so far than asking my dad to drive for me. Because, first it does save gas and second, I want to give my dad a break. He's been working really hard for our family and I think he deserves some quality time to rest.
@Rosa26 (2620)
I hope you have had a good time with Adrian and think you did good telling your daugther not, I think is some nots are always good for our kids, not everytime we should say yes to them, because they can become spoil manipulative.
That is all very well for you your her mother. I am a father and if my daughter wants anything there is no choice she has to have it
Good for you Mom!! I can remember when I was a teenager. I would never ask my mother to drive me anywhere. Occasionally but not very often. She worked nights and was around for me to have taxi service. I would never have done that. I am glad you are setting up some boundaries.
@alberello (4755)
Oh, my dear, these young people! are too pretentious! You also know my brother is full of similar stories, he seems to have everything! We adults, must not fall into the error of too spoiled these guys!
@MandaLee (3735)
Dear Sharon, I don't think that was nice of K. After all, you just got out of the hospital. Please get some rest. I am praying for you.
@Dominique25 (9473)
I'm glad that you told her no. I hope that she starts taking you seriously. Instead of just being concerned with herself and what she wants to do. You are absolutely right gas is way to expensive to be driving all over the place. Are you starting to feel a little better stress wise?