Go back to sleep...

When people call our house and find you were sleeping...do they say go back to sleep? Or if you call someone and you find they are sleeping do you say go back to sleep? I know everyone who calls me will say go back to sleep except for adrian. he will say something like our not up yet or your still sleeping. Oh,ok I don't want to wake you call me when you get up. LOL Not realizing by now I am sure to be awake.. I think it is rude to keep talking too people who are sleeping. some don't even realize they picked up the phone..
@cjfoust (614)
That does happen all the time! Once they find out you were sleeping, their response is usually "okay well I will let you go so you can get back to sleep." This is impossible for me. If I wake up enough to pick up the phone, there's no way I am going back to sleep.
This is how I am unless I took meds to get to sleep in the first place.
Well when i get up i think the boyfriend needs to get up. I have been up since around 8"30 this morning and its now 11 and he is still in bed and im on the couch watching TV and doing mylot. I think he needs to get up now so we can go do some shopping and get it out of the way and drop my car over at his house so i can spend the night over there instead of coming back home on the other side of town. Well now when im sleeping im really into sleeping and really dont wake up, my cell phone rearely rings and the people that would call me are in the house with me so then my phone wont really ring. Now im usually the second one up in the house besides my dad and i might wake up because i hear him and the boyfriend is the last one up and he just needs to get up so ill keep going in and out of the room and he might get mad but he just needs to get up and get going.
When adrian is home he will leave out of the room not to wake me. But,then he will turn around and give me a kiss goodbye waking me up. LOL
hi gifts I am freezing so going backto bed.brrrr. I always say that if I woke som e one and will tell them I'l call later, get back tosleep.what just fries me is then I am in bed and the phone rings and I am just waking,cannot run to the phone as I have a bad leg]so I get to the darned phone just as they hang up.grrrrrrrrrrrrrr most people who call me know I limp and that I cannot run darn it, 'I agree if you woke someone dont keep them on the phone as they' are still trying to connect their minds lol loll
That is bad that people can't wait a little longer till you get to the phone. I take my phone out of my room so I can't hear it and the caller id is on the tv so I can get up or leave it.
@Cherish14 (2695)
well i never call people during the night and i hate it when people do that tome during the night too. before in college, i would turn my cell phone off at night or turn it to silent mode to be sure no one disturbs my sleep hehehe same goes even if it is still day time and i try to get some sleep. but if i call a friend during the day and didn't know she was sleeping but picked up the phone, i would just say sorry and then i just tell them to go back to sleep and we can just talk some other time or she can just message me when i can call or she can just call me back.
Yes, and i hate that. If I have to use my brain at all when I get woke up I can't go back to sleep. It is rude to keep talking. I just tell them to call back. People are so self involved now days. I once answered the phone and said my usual spill that i use at work at the time. Why people were calling that late at night I don't know. I never did find out who it was. Best i didn't too. Haha
@no_ming (137)
when I'm sleeping no one can disturb me because my phone is in silent mood. My friend's knows that I'm sleeping when they call and I didn't answer the phone . We already discussed it before we separate to each other after school. So, they will just send me a message so I can call or text them back ..
@carolscash (9500)
No one usually calls me and wakes me up. I do not like for anyone to wake me and so it is best if they don't call me. I think that my family for the most part knows that I think that it is wrong to call after 9 p.m. anyway.
@cerebellum (3870)
That happens to me a lot. One of my friends won't call me back unless it is right away, because she doesn't want to interrupt my nap. Even though I sleep a lot, I am a light sleeper and once the phone rings and I answer, I am awake and there is no hope of going back to sleep. I used to unplug the phone or turn the ringer off, but I don't do that anymore, because my mother is older and starting to have health problems, and I am afraid to miss an important call.
@MissPiggy (1742)
Nope, my friends or boss surely will ask "are you sleeping?" and when I say "Yep", they'll say "Oh, ok. Now get up, I have to say something." Lol. Well, they do that because they rarely call me. Everybody knows that I always get up late so they'll usually try to find a perfect time to call me. :D
@lynboobsy11 (11345)
Some of my friends are very considerate if they call me and I answers back and I sounds like I've been waking up from they call, they told me to go back and we will talk later when I'm totally awake. But others are not they keep on talking if I can't answer back due to sleepy mode he he he. It's very hard to listen when your minds still sleepy. I rather told them I will call them later.
what irritates me is that my mother knows that i am sleeping but it seems like she don't care because she keeps banging the door, when she climbs the stairs, her steps are just so noisy, and she also raises her voice when she is talking to someone. she don't know that i can hear her voice. even though i am still sleepy, i cannot go back to sleep anymore. very irritating.
if i am sleeping i don't answer my door, even if i hear it, i never answer my phone either, if i am expecting some round i am up and awake, but if someone knocks or calls, i will not get up until i am ready to wake, IF by chance someone does call and i answer, i tell them to call back when i am awake properly
@almond24 (1248)
• Hungary
I always tell them to go back to sleep if I figure out I woke them up, although I try to keep in mind not to call people in their sleeping hours. It happens frequently that people call me late in the night when I'm already sleeping. When I'm half asleep I don't understand a word. So when I get fully awake I often have to call them back, and ask them to explain everything again... apparently they don't notice that I was sleeping, and I'm too sleepy to tell I do.
@stephcjh (32327)
I hate it when people call me and I tell them they woke me up and I was sleeping, then they hang on the phone til I am good and awake. then I have to tell them I will talk to them later so I can get off of the phone. It is never nothing important anyway.
yeah i recognize that selly sentence , and it's just making me going banana !! once i am awakw , it's quasi impossible to go back and sleeep ! have a nice day
@Blondie2222 (23785)
I don't have that problem because everyone that calls me calls me on my cell phone and when i'm sleeping i keep my phone on silent so that it doesn't wake me. Then when I wake up I check all messages and return phone calls. It's better that way. When I used to have a home phone then I would get calls all thru the night that woke me up and people would be rude on the pone when i'm trying to sleep i just hung up on them. I don't miss having a home phone at all.
• Portugal
Is something that's happening all the time...i hate when i pick up the call and they say "oh sorry go back to sleep"