I really don't miss my favorite meal..

today,when i went to the store i walked pass the meat section and saw some nice pork chops. I had no desire to buy me any. I buy this every month and fry them up to have with no sides. this has been two months now that i have not bought any meat to eat. I bought a big bag of chicken for kay to eat. I think the taste of some meat is really leaving my body. I will shop for hot dogs and cold cuts and nothing more. i can't wait till kay moves so i can see what my food shopping will really be like. I saved a lot not buying all that meat. have you seen the price of a bag of chicken these days. boy am I not missing anything..
@bonbon664 (3469)
That's great that you're not missing it. Once you get in a habit of having something, or not having it in your case, it makes it easier to leave it behind. If I were you though, I would stay away from the hot dogs and cold cuts. They are loaded with salt and preservatives that the regular chicken doesn't have.
One does lose the taste for meat after a bit. I grew up in a meat-and-potatoes type family, but I quit eating meat years ago, and I don't miss it in the least. Actually, I often find that the smell turns my stomach a bit.
@sid556 (30986)
My daughter is 18 but still in school. She is hardly here ever for dinner. I find that on my own , I hardly ever buy meats. When she is home for dinner, she always wants salads so that is what I keep in stock...salsd stuff. I just know that when she moves out I'll lve on veggie sandwhiches, coffee and pb&j sandwhiches, grilled cheese...things like that. My daughter is moving to Vegas in August. so I'll be able to tell you then exactly how I'll eat and cook.
I will be going to get groceries day after tomorrow. I will be getting some Spring foods. Sandwich meat, cottage cheese and grapes. But I still get hamburger and pork chops too. We will get hot dogs and baked beans. Love my baked beans. When I am invited on a picnic I always bring baked beans. Molasses and brown sugar.