I love my steam mop..

I have two bottles of bleech that I have not had to use since I am now using just water to mop with. the floor drys fast and shiny as well. I never thought it would be fun to mop the floor. I also noticed that the hot water in the washing machine is so hot that my white clothes come out so white without bleech. I just ordered another gallon and forgot about the bleech I have not used already. I will not be using it to clean my tub either. I was told that vinegar and dawn dish soap cleans it to a sparkling shine. I bought a big bottle of dawn anda bigbottle of vinegar and I mixed them. I see my dishes are so clean now that I use this to wash them. it is very nice to use less chemicals to clean my home. then I have a shipment coming from melaluca with all natural products. so I really feel good about this. if someone asks you what you want for christmas and they can afford it. you should ask for a steam mop. it will make all the difference in your home. do you have any home made cleaning supplies? I really would like to make something for myself. thanks.
@mariaperalta (19074)
• Mexico
I saw these at walmart in Mexico. Do they really work? I need something like that sometimes to clean fast. As I open my cafe 430am till 9pm. Not much time to clean anymore here.
they are great for all places and you only need to fill it with water.
My mother has made her own carpet cleaner for as long as I can remember. It is made from ammonia, vinegar and baking soda. This works just as well as the commercial carpet shampoos, is much less expensive and doesn't have all of the harmful chemicals in it. In addition to that, I've taken to using more vinegar for cleaning in our own home. I haven't moved to exclusively using homemade cleaners, but I do feel like every step that I take in that direction is a positive step.
I agree with you and this mopmakes me feel great knowing the water is cleaning the floors.
I mostly use vinegar and baking soda for just about everything. What brand is your steam mop" Will it hurt wood or laminate floors. I always thought they were really a great idea. I either use Shaklee laundry soap or make my own. I use vinegar instead of fabric softener. If I want a fragrance I use essential oils.
it is a shark mop and it said it was safe for all floors. the review were fine for the product as well.
Ohhhh, we love our steam mop too! It gets stuff out that you can't just get out by hand and a rag. Let's see. I add baking soda in when I do laundry (I try not to use bleach at all). I also use baking soda for cleaning the toilet and tub - and the sinks too. If I have some lime build up - sometimes lemon juice that sits on it a while will get it out. We have hardwood floors - and I haven't tried this yet, but I am told that a mixture of water, vinegar and olive oil helps keep it shiny. And I've heard that you can take a walnut to any scratches to the wood. And this isn't a "homemade" cleaner, but we use baby wipes on everything! You figure if it's gentle on a baby's bottom, it's probably gentle for some cleaning!
my daughter stays with those as well. I will try using them as well. i also heard about the walnut.
@sallyj (1226)
Thank you. I have been wondering if they were as nice as advertized. So often it is a sales pitch and is not at all what they say. I had one of those ceramic knifes and sure liked it until my husband ran it through the meat grinder. Oh well I will have to find another one.
That must have been a sight to see after it came out.
@Tina30219 (79540)
• Onaway, Michigan
I am glad to hear that you like your steam mop. Now you are making me want to go out and get one also.I used the Dawn and vinegar mix you are talking about to put on deodorant stains on my shirts and it works wonders. I did not think of trying it to do dishes. I am going to continue to use this on my shirts it really works great.
That is a great tip you shared here. I will use that in the summer months. thanks.