This will be a long ride..

We have to drive 45 minutes to take my daughter to a modeling company. she was contacted and since she is not 21 we have to be with her. I am so not looking forward to this long ride. but I would love it if she got picked by someone. They are some times scams and they want you to spend hundreds of dollars on their pictures. I already asked them about this and he said no. I have a funny feeling he was telling a lie to get us there.
@alberello (4755)
Well, dear friend, with all my heart, and with all the good that I want to you, I'd love to be advised to be careful of scams! With more reason now that there between your young daughter of 21 years. Even here in Italy, we read in the newspaper many listings as maybe jobs. I'm looking for work, but these announcements I do not even read them because in 99% of cases it is cheating. If to you them are asking for the money, I would advise you to "reverse" or better, do not invest even a cents without first ensuring that it is a serious course, and not a buffoonery! But this is my personal idea.
@Blondie2222 (28219)
That's about how long of a drive I have to drive all the time to go see my mom and yes those long car rides our not fun. I hope this is not a scam and it is for real and she gets picked by someone. Hopefully if this is something she enjoys she will stick with her and can turn her life around for the better. Good luck and I hope it works out.
@lilybug (21143)
There are obviously some reputable modeling agencies out there, but more often than not they are just scams to get your money for head shots. I hope this does not turn out to be one of those scams. Did she submit a photo or something to this agency?
Most of us like long drives a lot. If we go with our beloved person for a long journey, we never forget about that sweet memory and always cherish it in our lifetime. Long drives and long rides have the ability to give more fun and pleasure to us when going to our some one special. We can use car of two wheeler for our long drives, however most of the youngster prefer their two wheeler for their long rides. In the beginning of my marriage life i went a lot of long drives with my wife using my two wheeler and we have more fun with that rides. Now i have two sons and don't have time for long rides. However we are going to shopping some times and enjoy the long rides with it. Travelling in four wheeler with our family members also have its own value. Previously we arranged a family trip to a distant picnic spot and we all enjoyed a great long journey with that trip. We took some photos using our cell phone to cherish the happy events in our long journey. Mostly long drives will take more hours and we can talk with our beloved persons during our journey and have good understanding with them and come to know about some unknown information. This kind of long journeys are a chance to know some new information as well as share about some of our life events to our partner. It will make our relationship more stronger. Every one enjoy this kind of long trips and long rides in their life in various situations and remember about the sweet memories in their life. We will forget about our tensions and worries while cherishing this kind of good and meaningful events in our life which stays forever in our memory.
sorry, i misplaced my reply here Good to know that your daughter is joined in modeling field, as you mentioned a lot of scams are available there, we must be very careful to avoid them. Wish her success
@bjc66bjc (6736)
Make sure you don't lose anything but that 90 minutes it took you to go and come from that place.. I realize that you want your daughter to do something, anything positive with her life...But don't get your hopes up to high with this move.. She has had no professional training for modeling, she has no portifilo which cost big money..and she is not stable enough in her life at this time..sHe does not respond to good with authority, remember the Job Core... You just don't walk in to any reputable agent and become a model.. And I am not trying to be anything but honest with you..
@sid556 (30986)
This is all true, BJ. I can so see where this is all going.
That seems odd that you would have to go with her to see the modeling company because she is over the age of 18 and at least here that is old enough to be considered to be an adult. With all of that said, I also think that it is a good thing that you are willing to go with her because it could be very important for her to have a level head with her to talk her out of any scams that they might be trying to push off on someone.
There is a saying without pain there isn't any gain. If you think about it 45min is just number. Take pride in being a part of your daughter journey to her future. It's these moments that she would treasure all her life.
@pecito (303)
• Bulgaria
If you want your daughter to achieve success in the field of modeling you have to try every possible audition in order to make it. Of course, there is a chance of coming across frauds pretending to make your daughter famous but their true goal is to steal your money. However, you cannot be sure if you don't try. Don't let the long ride and other circumstances discourage you from accomplishing your ultimate objective.
I drive 45 minutes once a week to get groceries and take my kids to do things. Its not a fun drive so I understand. There is nothing really where we live so to go to walmart I have to drive 45 minutes north or south. I really hope that this is not just a scam after having to drive 45 minutes. I've had that happen to me before with childrens modeling it wound up just being a scam.
@Tina30219 (72445)
• Onaway, Michigan
I hope she gets this and like you said hopefully it is not a scam.
@mariaperalta (19086)
• Mexico
But the trip is for a good reason. Take a book or a magazine to read. have a safe trip.
I think it is a scam too. I wouldn't feel that way if it was a well known agency. I have friends that went through this same thing. They spent money on the pictures and never got any jobs.