How do you fry tofu?

My friend told me to fry some tofu to get some protein for my hair. I never got to ask her and I can't call her on her minute phone. So, I am thinking of going across the street and buying some. She also told me I could make a smoothie with this and buy the creamy one to make it smooth to drink.
@asliah (11137)
hi, as of now,i fry tofu by slicing it in small dice size and marinate it in short minute before i fry it,because i love when a tofu will cooked done unlike the half cook,i got this thing and learned this from the partner of my younger sister before.
@sedel1027 (17853)
• Cupertino, California
To try tofu you wrap it in a towel (or paper towels) and press it between two plates When I do this I place a heavy object - like a cast iron skillet - on top to help press the water out. For the best results you do this at least a hour ahead and change out the towel or paper towel out a few times. This not only flatten the tofu block but it presses all the moisture out. To try it, you would fry it up like anything else. You can fry it as in a pan with some hot vegetable oil, about 5 minutes on each side. You can do the flour, egg, bread crumb mixture and pan fry it...there are a ton of recipes on the internet as well. I make a pumpkin seed encrusted pan fried tofu that is delicious. You can make smoothies with the silken tofu, just using a portion of the block, liquid, fruit and maybe some ice. I have done this before with the Strawberry Shakeology, 1/4 block of tofu and ice
I have heard about people eating this to get protein for their hair as well. I have never tried it though.
@hotsummer (13101)
I have noticed that japanese tofu is so soft and not fit for frying. But our locally made tofu is firm and good for frying. So buy the firm one.
@NailTech (6874)
I would love to try tofu, I have heard it is quite bland or just not that great tasting. But I need some protein in my hair as well, and would try it the way you suggesting as in a smoothie cause I eat those anyways. I have even blended spinach and yogurt together in a smoothie so tofu would mean nothing for me to try to consume. I want some right now in fact, now that you mention it! I'm such a health food nut again now that I have coconut oil in my system, haha. I would not mind being someone who ate nothing but mostly healthy food, anymore. I wish there was a place across the street from me so I could get some tofu, now.
Never had tofu before, is it any good?
@Arieles (2473)
Tofu is so versatile and since the flavor is bland, it will usually combine with anything and take on the flavor you are combining it with. If you are going to buy some tofu, I would suggest buying the kind made with NON GMO SOYBEANs. I have never tried it on my hair, so I wouldn't know about that, but you can buy different varieties. I usually buy the extra firm kind and then cut it up into little pieces. You can throw it into any kind of stir fry or soup. If you want to use it in a smoothie, just cut it up and then mix with a blender. It's a great source of vegetarian protein.