Some people are users...

They only come around when they need something. If they don't need anything they are no where to be found. How on earth can they look in the mirror each day? When are we going to put a stop to these kinds of people? it will stop when we make it happen I know for Me I am working on it because I am fed up with users.
@mensab (4201)
at least you know them when they come around. since you know them, you can avoid their exploits. yeah, it is difficult to understand these kinds of people. since they are in our midst, then we can be careful when they are around. what i do is i set a limit to their possible exploits from me. we can only deal with these people with enough generosity.
@bjc66bjc (6730)
There are so many users in this world and I think there will always be users...for there are some people who are used and know they are being used but is not strong enough to speak up about it...thats why I say it will always happen. I have gone without a lot because I refused to asked anyone for anything...In the past and even now, the only time I will ask for anhything is if I really really need it...
@asliah (11137)
hi, i will agree on that,and i am always believe on that some people or maybe all of them or even me are user,and most of my partner in my past love life became a user and they used me to get what they want and a benefits for them of course,and i hate those kind of people.
• Valdosta, Georgia
I think the worst part of users is that you don't know they are this way until you have already been close to them...You think they are nice because they only show you one side when you first meet them. You begin to trust them and when you do that is when they show you their true colors...That is the worst! I know a few of them and we have gotten them out of our life now because they take, take and take!!
@WakeUpKitty (8694)
• Netherlands
Many are users and I think they are happy they are. It's an easy way of making a living, get what you want. Probably they are even proud they can manipulate people without them noticing it. It's a habit, a sport or whatever it may be to them. I think if they look in the mirror they are happy with the great person they see. Why I think they are? Because if they would not they would not abuse others but work for themselves.
@STOUTjodee (3571)
It's really bad/sad when those people are family members. I know first hand about some family users. My husband is a truck driver, he could make some good money. His family would always use him for his money. Of course, my husband has a soft heart (shhh, nobody's suppose to know). About two years ago, he had an accident on the job that he had to have gone through surgeries and lawsuits. He got awarded a settlement for his injury. Since his injury, now that the settlement has been spent,he still is unable to work because of the injury. Now, people are still using him because he is very handy mechanical wise, building things and other things. So now his family uses him for fixing things, but they don't pay him for his time or labor. But they will some body else to do the same job. They know we're down and out and need money, but they still take advantage of us. Yes, it is hard to say "NO" to family users. But I figure if I can say "NO" to a family user, it will be easy for me to say "NO" to a stranger!
Users are definitely good at what they do. They can pretend to be such great folks and make their promises and act so sweet and kind. It's all a bunch of bull! I think we as individuals have to set up some strong boundaries that do not allow such people to infiltrate our worlds. It is up to us to put up with them or not.
It's up to us if we want to get rid of them. We should avoid them. Try not to help them next time thay ask help from you. Goodluck.
Your explanation of users is interesting. I hadn`t thought of it. But I don`t like them either and I will not have them around. Friendship is a two way street. If it doesn`t work that way, soon it will end in a bad way. I will not befriend people who only accept invitation, but never invite. I have my set of rules and they work. I recognise though that I don`t apply that yo my daughters
@Angelpink (4017)
They said there are 2 kinds of people in this world , the users and the people who allowed to be used. There would be no users if at first we didn't allow them to use and to misuse us. That is why we must not be too lenient with our friends because it have tendency of abusing our goodness to them. We must learn to set limits and we must be frank enough to tell our friends that boundaries must not be crossed.
@kokomo (1867)
Yeah, there are a lot of users nowadays and its up to us if we tolerate them or not.We should not tolerate them because they will abuse us more. They are very annoying anyway. I am sick also and very disgusted if I have a friend like that. To all of us, just be wise in choosing our friend.
I was also taken for granted, used and dumped many times. But then again, there are some things we can't avoid. Some people are really known expert users and you will not know it until you become one of their victims. For now, I'm trying to be more cautious with people and most of all, I'm trying to limit and keeping my distance with people who's known to be users.
It's a sad fact my friend and this eerie scenario has always been in an individual's life since time immemorial. Even those people whom you consider friends could possible one of those users. Tsk
@ZoeJoy (1393)
They are users because people allow them to be used. So, people have to be cleverer than the users and outsmart them. Don't let the users take advantage of you. You have a right to protect your money and your life. I had a neighbor that was a user, she was always wanting me to babysit her kids - often without any warning. She kept saying, 'that is what neighbors are for'. I finally had to say to her, 'I am keeping a record and a balance sheet of babysitting each others' kids.' It is only fair. And are we not fair to each other as neighbors. I had to stand up to her and finally, she stopped asking me to babysit her kids. I sure was NOT going to let her babysit my kids. We have to be willing to put our hand up and say to users, "Talk to the hand".
These kind of people are no good to be around to be honest. I can see why they have to be no good like this.
@ShyBear88 (55279)
I don't know how they can look at themselves or how they can use people for the things they want. But you are correct it's you yourself that has to stop someone when theya re trying to use you.
@Arieles (2473)
I wonder if the people who are users know they are users. I just watched a movie "Just Go With it" with Adam Sandler and Jennifer Anniston (how I got two of my favorite actors in one movie, I'll never know). Well, and I hope I'm not ruining this for you if you haven't seen the movie. The main character uses his wedding ring to attract women. That guy was a user. He used his wedding ring.
@mariaperalta (19074)
• Mexico
Nope........... many are users. I have many here in mexico. Only call or come over when they want something from you. Its also interesting every year 2-3 weeks before xmas they start asking how we are. Hmmmm dont ask the other 48-49 weeks. Take care there.