I am getting a new phone.

I have no idea what I will do on this phone except mylotting. this is the only reason I want this phone to be honest. so,please explain this to me. what is 4g? I am clueless to what this means for this new phone.
@rog0322 (2832)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
Hi, It means 4th generation in system connectivity. It is supposed to run faster than the 3rd generation, around 54 MBPS to 1GB of data transfer if I remember correctly. In my place, I am fortunate if I can get 60kbps, I have to be content with 30kbps on good days when the wi-fi is capable of up to 54Mbps. Maybe the ISP is getting the rip off for this.
I am just as confused as I was before. LOL. thanks for trying to help me.
@suspenseful (40312)
It is faster and can get data faster, also you can also get data faster on Wi Fi. Most of the cell phones are 4g and some are 4 g lite that refers to lite speed About mylot, I have an iphone, and an ipad, but well it takes a while to type one finger and even with a portable keyboard, it takes a while to type on the ipad. So maybe a laptop or regular computer would be better.
I like the galaxy for the buttons are bigger and the screen as well. I am home most of the time so it will be the computer. for when I am outside it will be the phone.
@suspenseful (40312)
I like the iphone myself, because I am a visual person. I use my mac most of the time for mylotting and since I use my ipad as an alarm clock, I will mylot on Ipad if I wake up during the night. But I made a resolution to try to sleep all through the night, so it is my mac, unless I am at one of my son's, I will ipad mylot there because I am on their wi-fi.
You have a lot of choices to use. I only have one till I get my new phone. I am sure i will have it soon. I was thinking of waiting till they lower the price but my man is getting it for me.
@mariaperalta (19088)
• Mexico
Is that the 500.00 one? If its the one you showed us its really 700.00 but you get a 200.00 rebate on it. Sure seems alittle high to me. But if its the one you want...
There is no rebate on the phone I am getting. one flat fee of $500 plus tax. That is the one I deserve so I want it. he wants me to have a new phone that is my choice in phones. great right..
can we mylot from a phone? IDK we could do that. I got my first smart phone for Christmas. I don't know what 3g vs 4g is other than the speed they load data at?
Yes you can mylot from the phone if you have internet.
I really dont know what 4g or 3g is or anything lol. My smart phone has 3g though I know that. When Scott used to come over whatever he had connected through wifi and so he couldnt use his phone here without using the neighbors connection because his phone didnt use 3g. Still dont know what that meant though why he couldnt use it here.
I hope my wifi does not let the neighbors on. I am having problems with it myself.
@BarBaraPrz (28083)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
I don't know. I don't even know how to turn on these new fangled things... I'm responding so that I can learn something, too. I'm sure somebody will let us in on the secret.
I hope you know something soon because all I can get is faster speed. LOL.
@natliegleb (5181)
it is cool and also with 3g and many other features,you need to evaluate and get it
@asliah (11140)
hi, actually before the Christmas came last year i have planned already what gift for my self and that was a phone and i bought it before the day of Christmas,4G means 4th generation when it comes to iPhone and the other one is the connection in the internet which is the speed.
hello! well 4G stands for fourth generation. you have 3G as well, but since 4G is the fourth generation i guess its much better then 3rd generation data. you can get 4G internet on to your mobile by contacting your mobile network services and you can get mnore detail as to how it should be activated and stuff. Its basically a network which allows you to use the internet on your phone even when you dont have a wi-fi connection nearby. but for me 3G is fast enough and i dont really require 4G internet. anyways, i hope i was of some help to you! Good Day! :)
@shante2 (338)
Hi I think that that is a good thing that you getting a new phone. What kind of phone you getting? The four G is supppose to be faster then the others under it. The internet is suppose to be at a faster speed meaning less delays. I want a four g like you so that I can use my phone for this to because using the computer can be fustrating.
@MizzLadyB08 (1174)
I am pretty sure that you will be using your phone for more than that. I mean really don't just use it for mylot, it can do much more. I have a 4G phone and it is a lot faster in downloads than others I have had.
If you want best features and latest model please go for iPhone5. It is the best phone for you.
@jackyang (55)
4G is forth communication system and technology, it is more faster, can trasfer High difinition video ,4G system can download from internet via 1000 mbps and upload 20mbps, of course , it just a theoretical data..
• Laguna, Philippines
As i know the 3g stands for 3rd generation and 4g stands for 4th generation. The 3rd generation phone contain 3g connection or can do video call. The 4th generation phone is the upgrade of 3g and added some features.
It's a 4 g network. I have a 3 g. It's an older iPhone, but is fast and works well, so I haven't upgraded to a 4 g yet. In 2 years when my contract ends I will upgrade to a 4 g. It's just a better phone because 4 g just is fast and can do a lot. Some of them can even talk to you.
@rosekiss (30327)
• Eugene, Oregon
All i know a bout 4g isthat it is faster than 3g. Where I live, I am right on the border of 3g and 4g. Eigher I get 4g, or I don't. Most of the time tough, I do get 4g, and I am glad at that. I have the galaxy s3, and I can do a lot with it,including posting in mylot with it. I am glad for that too, as if I am not neare my computer, I cas use my hone. I might start taking itinto the bedroom at night, so when I wake up in the middle of the night, I can do things on my pho00ne, and then maybe I will tired enough to go back to sleep. I would suggest you check out the phones that you are thinking about purchasing, so that you can see which one suits you the best. that is what I did before i bought the s3, and I have never regretted it either. Take care, and have a blessed new year.