Church was just awesome...

I was up since 5am and started to fall asleep and had to vomit so I decided to stay home. then something got me out of bed and i jumped and put my coat on. adrain walked me to church. I went in and my nerves were so bad I had to pee. This lady took me down stairs and coming up I found the perfect seat in the back. but,not all the way to the back. I could not believe the feeling that came over me in church. It was wonderful. I listened to the beautiful woman sing and the praise dancers dance. I got up and was enjoying the service. I even picked up the book and started singing too. The man next to me shook my hand to welcome me and that was nice. After a few songs and two collections. the preacher asked us to come to the alter fro prayer. I was scared but something got me up and I went and neeled down. I remembered my friend bj said when you pray for people call them by name. so everyone on mylot that I could remember was in my prayer. I prayed so hard I almost bust out crying. then I went back to my seat and remembered the lamb,mike and alberello,and then had to say a prayer for them. It was such a wonderful day for me. I had all mylot girls with me and it felt great. I did not forget any of you. I am going to spend the day with my mother who is still sick. so I will chat with you later. take care.
@laken02 (3066)
i am glad you enjoyed church, i need get back in myself.. thank you for your prayers.. i know thIs sounds silly but i have been feeling down lately past couple days and today for some reason i felt an uplift.. maybe it was your prayers i even got in toucH with an old friEND i had not talked to in about a year and we are e-mailing now.. so im happy about that.. I know God is good and he can do wonders in our lives.. i just remembered last night for some reason i turned the tv on and watched a religious show .. so maybe God is working in my life now.. i hope your mom feels better soon and glad u get to enjoy her company today that is nice.. have a great day ;0)
Getting back in touch with friends can be awesome. I am glad for this in your life. I know I went to see a friend last night I had not see since last year. thanks
Very inspiring and thanks for the prayers! I hope your mother feel better soon! Good Day!
I am sad to say mother is not doing well these days. she is very tired and legs are wobing when she walks and she is light headed.
I hope your Mother feels better soon. Who is with her when you are not at her house? Take Care
My sister will go there for a few hours and help her with stuff. I also think my little sister will go to her house for a while too. we all take turns going basically.
That is great that you had a chance to go to church and it has helped you out. I have to get back into getting to church. Things have been so busy and hectic around here that I have not had time. I had not been feeling all that great and have not been getting much sleep. It has been so cold out that it has been hard for me to get around and to want to do things. Yesterday I took a jewelry class and loved it. On the 21st I will be taking a sewing class and another one on January 31st. I hope things continue to get better for you.
My church is having a zumba class but is is too expensive for me right now. I want to do it at home if I could get the time.
Prayer is wonderful, thanks for thinking of all of us. It is kind of like family. I hope you remembered to pray for your mother as well. You do not have to be in church to pray but it is a wonderful place to get focused on your prayers. Have a great evening, Sharon.
I prayed for everyone in my life. not just my friends here but in life as well. My mother was at the top of that list.
@lelin1123 (15627)
• Puerto Rico
I'm so happy that you felt so good when you were in church today. The music and the sermon can be so uplifting especially if you are not feeling 100 percent well. There have been many times that I would end up crying in church, the music will always bring me to tears. I'm so sorry to hear that your mom is still sick. I will definitely add her to my praylist as you and your family are on it already. Be strong, be happy and stay safe. God Bless!
That is very true and I am so upset that my mother is doing so bad. I almost feel like she might not make it another year. I will do what I can to help here while I can. thanks very much.
Aww that is wonderful,good you were able to make it to church, I didn't attend mine, hope you're feeling better and your mother, and as always you are in prayers too, we all need that spiritual uplift. Have a great day! I'm the Frugal Bree
Hello,there I am sorry you did not make it to church. It was wonderful for me and very uplifting as well. I hope next week you make it there. take care.
@mariaperalta (19076)
• Mexico
Im glad you went, Im going later on today to the afternoon service here. I got all the cloths washed and my cafe cleaned already. Take care there.
I would like to go in the afternoon if they had service. I only know there are some near me with service in the afternoons as well. I am glad you attended as well. I wish you the best. take care.
@stary1 (6612)
giftsandbagscom Thank you for sharing ths uplifting message. I think it made everyone feel good and I am so happy you had this experience.. God Bless you and your Mom and all your friends and acquaintances...
I am hoping all is going to go well for me to go this weekend as well. I really enjoyed myself. thanka.
@Dominique25 (9464)
It's great that you had a good day and that you spent the day with your mother. I hope that she will start to feel better as well. It can be tough seeing our parent/s sick.We often want to take any pain or discomfort they are feeling away. So it is very hard when we aren't able to do that.
Your right it is not good being in a spot like this. we can't do anything for her and we are all watching here get worse everyday.
Sorry to hear that your mother is getting worse. That is an awful thing to have to go through. I hope that you and your family will spend as much time as you can with her. Life really is so precious and we never know when something could happen to us or our loved ones. I'm sure that she appreciates you being there to help.
@andy77e (5159)
What church do you go to?
some Methodist church around the corner from me. two blocks to be exact.
@andy77e (5159)
oh so you do not regularly attend.
no that was my first time going there. I will be there this sunday as well.
• Pamplona, Spain
Hiya gifts, Lovely writing to read gifts and I hope you and your Mom get very well soon as I said before there is a lot of people coming down with it for the second time round being sick, dizzy and so on. A lot of people are off work ill too. Enjoyed reading this post a lot thank you very much.xxx
Thanks very much.. I am glad I made it and it was great. I am feeling much better today as well. Take care.
• Pamplona, Spain
Hiya gifts, Now that is good there is nothing worse than a cold that seems to go on forever. Nice for you to have such a nice Church too you take care too and all.xxx
Thanks very much.
Sorry to hear that your mom is still sick. Sounds like you had quite a day. I always liked to setin the back too. You always got a better view.
I ma going to sit right there next week as well. I hope to get to where no one sits there but me. like my own spot.
I see. So you don't want to make friends there at all or reach out to others?
I am glad that you had an awesome time at the church. Indeed,the church gives us that certain serenity in hearts.It is the Holy Spirit who encouraged you to kneel down and pray.I hope I was also included in your prayers.
All of my friends were included and you are there as well. I could not be me without all of you. take care.
Thank you so much,Gifts. It means so much to me that you pray for me,for us. YOu are also included in my prayers. God bless you.
@alberello (4752)
Well, thanks to you, especially for praying for me and for all of us, members of Mylot! Going to church, pray, and sing, it's always a wonderful thing. Thou did it, despite your health condition was not optimal, this is a point in your favor, dear friend! You must know that I'm going to Mass every Saturday at 18.00 and my task during the religious function is to read the responsorial psalms. Take care, you too! You italian friend Alessandro (alberello) !!
I sure had you on the mind that day. I am glad you make it to your place of worship as well. I am wishing the best for you as well. thanks.
@Arieles (2473)
Sounds like you had a real good time at church Gifts. That's nice. I do miss the one church that I went to in Minnesota, and I'll probably never find another church like that one again. That's okay, I do what I need to do at home. Could be your new church home. I take it you will be going back next week? I hope your Mom is feeling better soon.
I am going next week for sure. I hope to be able to make it every week as well. I am hoping one day to get my man to go with me.
@trisha27 (3494)
It is really good that you decided to go to church and you were able to go. It sounds like you had a great time.
Oh that is such a wonderful church full of love and togetherness. It was just wonderful for me who feels so bad inside about church.
I am happy for you Gifts. Enjoy your time with your mom. I live a church where you can feel at home.
I felt like the church was perfect for me. I will be going next weekend as well. it will be some nice to be there again. thanks.
You definitely were called to go to church on Sunday and it really does sound like it was a great experience for you and for that I have to say that I am thankful because I really do feel like you need to have something positive in your life like this church community that you've just visited. I also have to say that I agree with you that it is more effective when you are praying for someone that you pray for them by name.
@bjc66bjc (6730)
WOW Sharon, what a blessed day you had at church..Just know that God heard you prayers...I certainly appreciate the prayer.... Continue Blessings
@MsTickle (25192)
Dear gifts, so happy for you. I hope your Mom gets well again soon. Don't know how you were able to remember everyone. Brightest blessings to you.