This is not on the pattern or google

the pattern I am sewing - pattern I am confused with
Where do I stitch the outside of the purse. The words in the middle you can't read shows a line with breaks in it and it says stitching line. then there is also a stitching line on the outer egde of the patten where the black solid line is. basically there is a thin regtangle inside of this large pattern. so if I stitch the broken lines.. what do I do with the black solid lines. If you confused then you know how confused I am . thanks for the help.
@sid556 (30997)
like the others said, the solid line is the cutting line. you the broken line is your stitching line. somewhere in the directions it should tell you the width of the seam which is usually 5/8 inches from the cutting line. the plate under your needle on your machine should be marked with lines. if you post a picture of the bag you are trying to make then that might (no guarantee) help me understand your questions. I don't always follow pattern directions but tend to go more by looking.
this is the purse - hand bag with strap
here it is the pink purse. also where do I get those squares from on the edge of the pocket? there is no instructions with this pattern. thanks.
@sid556 (30997)
look in the craft section at walmart. The one here does have squares of fabric that can be used for quilting, patching and other projects. if not any fabric store should have them or you could make your own.
@sedel1027 (17851)
It's been awhile side I sewed with a pattern and I can't really see your picture on my iPad. The last pattern I used the solid lines were the guidelines on where to cut the fabric.
If that is the case when the bag is done what do I do with all that extra material from the cut off line. and also why would i waste so much material? I think I am still confused.
@MsTickle (25051)
There should be a page of instructions with the pattern that tell you step by step how to put the item together. This starts with the pattern layout so you waste the least amount of fabric.
It has been a really long time since I've been doing any kind of sewing with a pattern, but if memory serves me correctly, the solid lines are going to be the cut lines and the dotted lines will mark where two seams are going to be sewn together. Of course, I could be wrong with this. One thing that you definitely want to remember when you are cutting your fabric is to lay out the pieces in such a way that you will be wasting the least amount of fabric possible.
I think the solid lines is where you cut your pieces out. You should have directions on how everything fits together with a Simplicity pattern. If you didn't buy it new maybe that pattern isn't complete with directions.
What pattern is it? I have a few patterns from simplicity and they are very easy to read. I know that you do not have JoAnn's near you, but they do have classes in sewing and reading patterns. The solid black lines are your cutting lines and the broken lines are your sewing lines. I always sew the pattern inside out then turn it right side out.