5 hour sleep

I went to my bed at 2:30 am and I could not sleep so,I watched two shows and the time was 4 am my eyes were falling out sleep. then I found myself up at 9 am. so now it it 10 am and there is not a bit os sleep left in me. so,I have a good start on my day today. I got an idea for a coin purse with key holder and can't make it because I don't have the key rings. I hope I can have it in my head when I get them. can you function on very little sleep?
@sid556 (30986)
I have always done better on less sleep. I do have to get at least 5 to 6 hours per night though or I'm just useless the next day. I have always been like this. Sometimes I do get very tired and if I take a nap or sleep in later than normal, I am just as useless as if I only had 3 hours sleep. 5 or 6 hours seems to be perfect for me. I think we are all different. Some people require more sleep than others. I don't know of anyone who does well on less than 5 hours though.
I get 4 to 5. It's normal for me. I do we'll with it.
@sid556 (30986)
The so-called experts will tell you that 8 hours is vital but I have to say that I have always always felt groggy if I get that much sleep and usually, I can't get that much anyway. Once in a great while, I will sleep in and feel good about doing so but that is rare and I assume that when that happens, my body really needs it. I can do 4 1/2 hours and be fine but 4 hours is really pushing it for me. It happens sometimes but not so much now that I'm older. When I was younger, 4 hours was perfectly normal for me. My biggest problem is recognizing when I am tired and need to stop everything and just go to bed. I do have a tendency to push myself...just one more post on here or one more page in my book...it is not uncommon for me to fall asleep in my comfy chair. My mom was like that and my daughters get on my case about it all the time. I just tell them that I'm working on "fixing" that. I'm 56 so what do you think the odds are in that happening?
In order for me to sleep 8 hours I need to take another pill. then I wake up groggy and it's like that for a few hours after I wake up. so for two nights I did not take it. but,I will if I see anything happening with my mind.
@mariaperalta (19086)
• Mexico
That happens to me here, all the time. But I have to get up by 415 am everyday here.
@ajithlal (14614)
I also get tired on the days that I get sleep.
• Mexico
I think we all do. Im ok as long as I get 5 hours of good sleep here.
All the time. I rarely get more than 4 and sometimes 5 hours a night. That's normal for me. Make a note about your idea in a notebook so when you are ready to sew you have your idea. I make myself notes all the time. I have a notepad on my iPhone. I also have a pad on my desk in my room.
I have a book right by my hand and I drew it out for myself. I am good now.
Good job!
@inertia4 (28192)
I have had a problem falling a sleep the last few nights myself. I found myself on the computer last night until 3 in the morning .I decided to get off and go lay down. I put TV on and started watching a movie. I must have fell asleep around 4. I woke up just before 9 this morning. I do not feel refreshed in any way. I am actually still tired and I woke up with a headache. My mistake yesterday was falling asleep in the afternoon. I am going to try and stay awake today so that I can wake up better tomorrow.
I hope that does not happen again because that could ruin your week.
@inertia4 (28192)
It almost did ruin my week. I got into a bad pattern for a few days. I am back on track now. I figured it had to be the weather change. That happens to me every year.
@sishy7 (27267)
I knew you were not sleeping for too long. I saw you were posting up to six hours ago. And now I see your new posts again already... 5 hours of sleep is a good amount for me. I can still function normally even after less hours of sleep than that. But if I sleep very little for too many days in a row, the lack of it will eventually catch up with me. I will get very tired and end up sleeping too many hours as if my body is making up for the lack of sleep it needs.
I did not realize you were up this morning. I am going to be up late again tonight if I am home alone tonight. which I should not be since adrian is off tomorrow.
@Deepak2J (1182)
Some nights I just sleeps for 2 hours due to study and no problem. My father in some nights doesn't even sleeps for a minute due to night patrolling as he is in police and the next day he doesn't have much problem. My mom many nights wait till my father come home aftter 12 a.m.,and gets up at 4 a.m.and no problem
I am glad your family is able to cope like that. I really think you need more sleep though.
I can only do that occasionally and as I get older the less often I can get away with it. Write down or sketch it out on a piece of paper so you can keep the idea until those key rings get there.
I just did that so I could have it when they get here.
@lelin1123 (15632)
• Puerto Rico
I can function on five to six hours of sleep but not for a long period of time. If one or two days I get little sleep I will be ok. If it goes into three or more days I'm a mess and need to get eight hours of sleep fast. Last night I went to bed at about one-thirty and was starting to stir at seven-thirty. I try to sleep a little bit longer but couldn't. So I was up by seven-forty-five and feeling good and energized. Hopefully it will be a good day to get things accomplished. Wishing you a good day too.
That is good you and I can function like this. I know it is good so far for me because my day starter good.
This way of sleeping is usual in me. The TV shows I like are very late at night so I stay up, but in bed. Sometimes I mylot while I wait fir them to start. But I get my full day`s sleep with an after lunch nap. As for the idea for the purse, why don`t you draw it until you buy the key rings? Take care!
I will do that if need be because I really want to work it out. thanks.
No, I can't do things very well on very little sleep, especially working or going outside, lack of enough sleep makes me very tired and the brain do not function better. But doing something relaxation still fine with me, like watching series online, coz I don't need to think.
That is great you will be just fine as long as you rest up. take care.
@emily7339 (1338)
If I had a continous weeks of little sleep, my brain would not be able to function well. If it is just a few days, perhaps I still could manage it . However, we should not deprived of sleep as it is very important for our health. Enough sleep helps our brain to function properly .
I am good with this amount of sleep because I got some. If I go three days with no sleep I get light headed and my eyes get dizzy.
@nicanorr (1789)
5-hour sleep is not enough. It has bad effects on the sides. Young and old persons need enough rest for work and energy for the daily grind. One feels great when enough sleep is achieved. Overdoing it is also not good.
@laydee (12809)
I cannot function well after loss of sleep for several days straight. But I am fine with only a day or two without proper sleep. However, 5 hours of sleep is okay with me, I could still function well with it but what would make me not function is the hour of being awake. I can never be okay when I wake up more than 6am. I've gotten used to waking up at 6am that anything more than that would cause me headache (regardless of what time I slept). I think if you want to remember the things you want to remember, it's better if you write it down or record yourself describing it so that you can not forget the intricate details. Good luck! Have a great mylot experience ahead!
@sizzle3000 (3038)
I think we got my son in law up after three hours of sleep. He works overnight for Tenneco which is normally 6pm to 6am. We try to let him sleep till about ten or eleven but today my daughter woke him up around nine to help her dad get some yard work done.
I can function of just a small amount of sleep but I have to admit that is something that I really don't like to have to do. I've done it twice in the last three weeks. The first time I drove to loan my friend some money and the trip ended up taking me a lot longer than I thought it would. I ended up getting about an hour and a half of low quality sleep before I made the six hour drive home. Then the second time I spent the night at a hotel and just couldn't relax because I was in an alien place to me. But I made it through those, I just know that I was not at my best on those days.
@MALASETH (47)
If I get up at night and am unable to sleep, I catch up on my reading. Sleep, when it comes again is very sound but then get up late and the day's schedule goes haywire. However, I can not function on very little sleep.
@Dominique25 (9471)
Well I'm glad that you have a good start to your day even though you didn't get very much sleep. Sometimes getting up earlier or staying up late when we can't sleep allows us to get other things done. Sometimes I can function on little sleep and other times I wish I would have been able to sleep better.
Before back when I was still college, I function more whenever I have less sleep. But now, no no lol!
I think it don't trouble me that much if it just for 2 days or three.. But if a week without enough sleep, I think I couldn't make it.. It will increase the pace of my heart beat, also make my brain to stop functioning properly..
@ajithlal (14614)
I think one need at least eight hours of sleep and I would suggest you to sleep at least eight hours per day. I think most probably one will get tired if one does not sleep eight hours per day.