Do you feel age creeping up on you?

For a while now my legs have been really killing me. I think truly it has to do with weight gain. When I was smaller it was not like this. This is one of the reasons I ordered my bike. Well,I went to the Dr. and was told it's just old age. My man is having issues with his ankles hurting him. I told him the same thing could be happening to him. he is 49 so that is no shock to me.
@simone10 (54632)
• Louisville, Kentucky
To me, age didn't creep up. It took a big jump and landed right on top of me. I had a few aches and pains when I hit 50 but was okay until I started going through menopause a few years later. After that, I had problems with high blood pressure, I tested positive for rheumatoid arthritis and now I have fibromyalgia. Except for the fibro, everything hit me at once.
I hope my me no does not last too long.these flashes are too much to deal with.
@simone10 (54632)
• Louisville, Kentucky
@sharon6345 the hot flashes are horrible. I still have even every now and then.
@yukimori (9634)
It didn't creep up on me so much as it ambushed me in broad daylight and took my lunch money.
Lol I hope you were able to get some of it back.
@yukimori (9634)
@sharon6345 I have good days and bad days, but I think we all can claim that at some point or another.
@Marcyaz (35383)
Yuk dii you broadside it and get your money back?
@sofssu (23742)
I have added a few extra pounds.. and it does hurt having to run up and down our house. Yesterday I had to do a lot of work around the garden after three hours of standing my legs and my back were killing me. I feel I am getting old.. sometimes.
No matter how much we deny it , these things are part of the aging process . All we can do is be used to it and if it persist , go to the doctor for consultation .
I hope u got off your feet for some rest. My heels hurt after a long day. I am sitting down now at the mall.
@Marcyaz (35383)
I don't have any extra pounds in fact to skinny but even so at times my legs hurt me also. Guess it is old age and must happen to all of us.
• Mumbai, India
Age will take its toll on our body, but we can reduce the ill effects. Stop smoking, reduce drinking, eat vegetarian dishes as far as possible, walk a lot and pray every day. Then things will be better.
@Marcyaz (35383)
Very good advice for everyone
@Tydiakat (43)
Well it has been proven that the more exercise you get the more energy you have.
My bike arrived today now Ll I need is my seat. I will go riding soon.
@yukimori (9634)
@sharon6345 Is that what you're up to now? I hope Sports Authority has the one you want in stock so you don't have to order it. The sooner you get that changed out, the more you'll be able to ride before the cold weather sets in.
@xarex777 (467)
Health issues nowadays are likely to occur at age 40 and above. But for me, I quite feel that feeling of getting old even though I'm just 25 right now.
Your so young. My Dr said the same thing about age 40.
@xarex777 (467)
@sharon6345 Yeah. Maybe because of lots of responsibilities and stress.
@kaka135 (14271)
I can feel myself aging too. I am not as energetic and I get tired more easily. There are pains here and there too. It could be I am lacking of exercises too.
That sure could be one reason for sure. I know it's the case with me.
@kaka135 (14271)
@sharon6345 Let's go exercise! I'm planning to go jogging with my family every Sunday, and hopefully I can still do a daily exercise at home.
• Tel Aviv, Israel
do some sport maybe your not in sape
I am about to start bike riding.
I have added very little weight since I was young. I still feel pretty well, nothing hurts in my body, but I get tired more easily.
Your doing great then. I wish I were only tired.
Well , aging is inevitable indeed . And so is the various signs it gives us such as that one . A lot of my officemates feels that - on the ankle . Mine are the knees when i go up and down the stairs in my high heels . But not when i am in a lower heels though .
I can't do high heels at all. I was thinking of buying some wedges. I changed my mind fast.
See I dont think everything is age. All docs will tell a person that. I see people that are aged and do not have these issues. I do agree however that weight can do it. I know myself as the weight has given me a lot of issues I never had before.
@wetnosedogs (1535)
I suppose different things hit people as they get older. Somehow we deal with it.
@rosekiss (30313)
• Eugene, Oregon
Yep, age creeped up on me pretty fast I would say. I am 67, and getting older by the minute. I will say though, I am aging gracefully.
@owstalaga (4666)
Physically no, but I think I'm beginning to think of my mortality more often than before.
Does that mean all of us are going to have aches and pains as we get older.