I'm going to brave shopping tomorrow! I know it's black friday but I'm going to

@starr4all (2865)
My friend and I have never shopped the day after Thanksgiving. On base they are giving a $20 gift card to the first 100 people. We're both interested in it and we both have never done this. So, she's picking me up at 3:30am and we are going over there. Anyone have any good tips for shopping on this day? My husband thinks we're crazy to even think about braving it. Who knows! Maybe we are!
How did it go for you? My day was filled with lines and more lines. What a drag! I got only items that weren't on my list. Last minute stuff kind of things.
@starr4all (2865)
We started at the BX on base. It was 330am but they let us in the lobby area to warm up. I think that is why our experience that day wasn't too bad. We were stuck in line for a while but that's because their credit card system went down. Other places the lines weren't too bad. The only place that was bad was Joanns fabrics. We got there about nine oclock. Their line to check out wasn't bad so I went and got some fabric. The line to cut the fabric was horrendous. I saw one couple who got there at 6 am and was still waiting to cut fabric. There was no way I was going to wait that long. I'll go to joanns some other day. We started the day at 330am and were done by 10am. Overall it wasn't a bad experience and we've made plans to do it again next year.
Wow, how exciting. I didn't even get to go to Jo-ann's. No stamina for the lines.