Roll Over!

Here I am awake today and stuck thinking about the struggles in life. A late night text form my youngest son was very upsetting as he was very much expressing disdain for me. It seems that my son's are distancing themselves from me. I want the best for them, but it is difficult to go any distance. I could make it to see my oldest who is just under an hour away, but even this takes it's toll. My youngest is over 2 hours away and while I really do want to visit relatives up in the area, it is just plain hard on me to do that. With the many health limitations that have hindered me, I still want to find some form of work. The biggest problem is that most employers are leery when they know my age and health limitations. So what are you thinking about today that are 'roll over' moments?
You can only do and be what you are, you can't make them do or not do, or even be responsible for their actions
@Jessicalynnt That's what I tell him too. They are young men and don't think sometimes about keeping in touch.
@Susan2015 yeah, sad, but not worth beating oneself's up over
@Jessicalynnt That's what I say too.
Can you get disability with your health issues.
@jstory07 Yes. I am already on SSDI. I am old enough to receive Medicare A and B in May due to SSDI determination and length of time I've been on it (about 2 years).
@Berniezeitler That is good. My husband and I were just turned down for Medicaid and we are to young for medicare. So we have an appointment with the insurance with the state. So I hope we get that. We can not afford a lot of money.
@jstory07 That's what we are trying to get. We went to the Obamacare website and due to our earnings, they took us to the Healthy Michigan site. We have applied.
and why the heck can't they come out to see you ? You are the parent, older and have done tons for them, but they expect you to make a trip, hmmmm sad
He has done a lot for them both.
oh okay but I still think children should visit regularly and not demand if health issues are a concern @Susan2015 I am from old school where parents get preferential treatment just because
Sorry that you have all this on your mind Bernie. I pray that it all works out.
I'm sorry you're having such a terrible time with your sons. I hope they come around and you can have a good relationship with them. No roll over moments for me today.
@esfes025 (435)
• Elkhart, Indiana
sorry to hear about your son.
@suzzy3 (8352)
There being very unkind to you. Surely they could send you the ticket for the bus or something.
@suzzy3 My youngest is not doing well financially. I have helped him with that as much as I could. Saved very little of a nest egg I had in order to help them both. No bus needed. I just would like to hear from them more that's all.
The best for you is to set out doing what you can do and not worry too much about what you cannot do.
@NeldaHoxie (1384)
Hopefully things will settle down with your sons, but it sounds like you've done your best. Your son may be stressed and it's not bringing out the best in him.
@shellyjaneo (1088)
Oh that's not nice at all for you. I live 2.5 hours from my sisters and 4 hours from my mum and it's me that does the visiting no one comes to visit me. It is hard to find the time and the money as every time we visit it costs a fortune x
@Lucky15 (34136)
Hoping they will visit you and find a job that is best or fits you
This is very sad. Does your son know how hard it is for you at the moment? The young sometimes have no realisation of how health issues impact on someone.
@gudheart (12704)
It does make life harder when work places do not like hiring people over a certain age and with health limitations :( Hope you manage to find something
@bookbar (1611)
• Sudbury, England
Don't dwell on it..kids today, are a strange kind of selfish, and often expect to get without giving too much of themselves, often making you wonder, did you as a parent get it wrong, or is it a consequence of a materialistic world.....
@softbabe44 (5855)
• Vancouver, Washington
Hope things change to get right on track for you .
Young people do that. Many have treated parents the same way. Of course, I always felt so guilty afterwards. But no one's perfect.
It would be nice if the youngest son went to the other son's place and you all met up there. That would solve the travelling problem.
I hope they grow past being so obnoxious. The road goes both ways for a visit.