I have always enjoyed visitors but now.......

I am a people's person and have always looked forward to having guests. But ever since I am addicted to myLot I just want them to leave. (lol) I have a guest now. She is sleeping and will soon get up and disturb me. How can myLot do this to me that is just wanting me to be with it all the time. I also have some deadlines to meet and I am neglecting that as well. How do de-addict from myLot?
I feel the very same way and tonight I am having company. I am going to see if I can reach my goal before he arrives.
I have no goal but simply enjoy being here talking to all my friends and these real people I say are disturbing me (lol)
@allknowing That is the case with even me watching netflix. I need to pause it when the phone rings and some people don't know when to say bye. lol
Lol - I don't think it can be done!
@Mike197602 (14058)
Just kick out the guest and pay more attention here I now have no friends and family I visit on my terms. My social life is totally here and there isn't much wrong with that in my opinion although those professionals that have helped with my agoraphobia may have a different view
You have a point but I just cannot live without people in that sense. At the same time myLot is beckoning me to stay put. What do I do?
@Mike197602 (14058)
@allknowing If you have a guest I suppose it'd be seen as rude to pay more attention to the computer whilst they're with you. So maybe pay attention to your guest and when you come back here you'd have quite a few discussions to look back on and maybe some to start as regards the visit of your guest
@Mike197602 I just packed her off upstairs where she will do her meditation (lol)
• Lenox, Georgia
I have not figured out a way to not be addicted to this site so can't help you with that! Lol
What's going on? Is there no way out? (lol)
• Lenox, Georgia
@allknowing Nope-no way out of this addiction! At least it's a good one to have. =)
@LovingMyBabies It certainly is a good one. I have now packed her off - she has gone for her bath (lol)
Ha-ha. It is good to take a break from myLot here and there. Have fun hanging out with your guest!
Tell me how (lol)
Perhaps you could buy an old laptop or PC that's not too expensive then when guests arrive get them addicted to mylot, it could be fun you know.
I will have to think about that. Not a bad idea
Just steer them towards all your friends here and we'll have them hooked in no time @allknowing
@rebelann Now truth be told. None of my family, friends, classmates, ex colleagues are on any writing sites Sad, sad, sad.
bless yer heart, i actually look ferward to outside distractions 'n prefer 'em greatly o'er feelin' tied to the puter. this sittin' jest aint fer me :( i need to keep busy. i'm grateful though to've such a format fer when i aint able to get out'n 'bout.
Blame it on myLot. They have changed my love for real people.
@allknowing i fear i ne'er 'twas too fond'f real folks. but i do adore my critters 'n bein' outdoors 'mong 'em.
@crazyhorseladycx As we go along life's journey we realise this bitter truth.
@silvermist (20010)
@allknowing I see that the guest seems spending time sleeping,meditating and bathing she is no trouble .Did she have lunch there?
Not only did she have lunch we went out and had fun too (lol)
@silvermist (20010)
@allknowing Yes,you need to do something about your mylot addiction. How could you prefer mylot to such a guest?
@silvermist I was just fooling. We had a nice time. We went out too.
LOL there is a lot of things that I really should be doing often instead of being on mylot but it is so addicting it is hard to leave here. I really need to get caught up on the survey sites as I earn pretty well there and I want to save up money for this summer for my kids and I to do things. Plus if I do not check in on them fairly regularly then they will delete my earnings and deactive my account. Also I am way behind in reading books this year. I really need to read more as well to get through many of the books on my bookshelf but again mylot keeps me away. I have many things that I need to sell on facebook and ebay (maybe) to declutter my house but again mylot keeps me distracted.
Oh God!!! This is murder
@allknowing As I said to another mylotter on their post I have yet to eat dinner because I keep not wanting to get off mylot and go make food to eat. It is almost bed time I guess I should eat something before bed and shut my computer down.
@Marcyaz (35424)
I don't know how you can de-addict from mylot unless your computer or cell goes out. You just have to say to yourself I have to shut down now and get to other things.
I am saying that all the time. Saying is easy but doing it is another matter
@Marcyaz (35424)
@allknowing I is easy to say but another thing to actually do, isn't it?
No easy to de-addict yourself from something that you really enjoy doing. Just willpower I guess.
I am basically a people's person and so you can imagine how powerful myLot is that it has changed me (lol)
I always get off of my lot when a friend comes over real life comes first.
That means you are not addicted here. Good for you.