Thanks to the Lady My Husband Sniffed in the Elevator

My husband worked in the city of Chicago for 35 years. His office was on the 42nd floor of the Kluczynski Federal Building in the Chicago Loop. After work, my husband entered the building's elevator and was delighted by a fragrance a woman in the elevator happened to be wearing. My husband asked her the name of the fragrance so that he could purchase it for his wife. He was told that the fragrance she was wearing was called BVLGARI and that my husband could purchase BVLGARI at Marshall Field's (now Macy's). My fist bottle of BVLGARI from my husband was such a lovely surprise. I do love the fragrance, but for any and every occasion my husband buys me a bottle of BVLGARI. I have multiple bottles of BVLGARI. It is hard to use up all those bottles of BVLGARI because a little spray of BVLGARI goes a long way. I always act delighted when my husband gives me BVLGARI even though I have a stash of BVLGARI bottles. I have hidden a few bottles since I do not want him to think I do not like this perfume. The night before our son's wedding, a new bottle of BVLGARI was presented to me by my husband with the words, "I thought you might need this since you have probably run out." Oh my! Even though I am retired now, I have been spraying that BVLGARI perfume on my wrists and behind my ears every single day. I am the best-smelling walker of my dog, grocery-store shopper, library patron, nursing-home visitor, gas-pumping person, and cleaner of my house. I will continue to accept those bottles of BVLGARI because the giving results in such joy for my husband. However, if anyone here needs a bottle of BVLGARI to give as a gift, just stop on by, and I will covertly hand you a brown paper sack with a brand new bottle of BVLGARI perfume inside.
That made me laugh at all the bottles you must have. But he is very sweet to do that.
@Susan2015 I will just let the bottles keep on coming since I am doing very well at spraying every single day.
@Corbin5 That sounds like a good plan.
How sweet of your husband, and also how sweet of you not to enlighten him.
@jaboUK Well, he just thinks he is doing the sweetest thing and he really is, so I will just keep spraying on that fragrance every single day!
Isn't it lovely that he does this? I think perhaps you should try to dispose of some of the extra bottles in case he ever comes across them. :)
@JudyEv I do have them well hidden but know my sister would hide a few if I need more space for hiding purposes.
That is so amusing and sweet.
@Tampa_girl7 He is a sweet guy and will just keep spraying!
hahah! I was going to suggest going around town more in hopes that someone would sniff you and ask you what you are wearing!! THen you could just say "meet me here tomorrow and I'll bring you a bottle !" That is really quite sweet though!
@ScribbledAdNauseum I like your plan! I will always be packin' a bottle of that perfume for the easy hand-over!
@Corbin5 haha! You know I hadn't thought of this but you could surreptitiously use it as a room deodorizer as well methinks.
@fishtiger58 (30248)
• Momence, Illinois
@sallypup (31682)
• Moses Lake, Washington
I love the catchy title. Perfume sets my nose to twitching and my throat to coughing. Enjoy.
@sallypup I do not wear perfume around my sister because perfume gives her headaches. Oh well, no ill effects for me so I will used up those bottles of perfume one of these days!
@Marcyaz (35444)
I had to laugh when you said you have been spraying BVLGARI perfume on wrists and ears and you are the best smelling walker of a dog, grocery store shopper, library patton etc.etc. Again I have to laugh. Your husand knows he is buying you want you want, doesn't he? I will come and take home one bottle of BVLGARI perfume in the brown paper sack and I will have a very, very large purse with me. Now all I need to know is where can I pick up my freebe?
@Marcyaz If you ever make it to the USA, let me know. Give me a call, we will do lunch and your perfume will be in the brown paper bag!
@Marcyaz (35444)
@Corbin5 Thank you and that does sound good.
@Lucky15 (34210)
Can you pack one for me ma'am haha He is sweet ;)
@Lucky15 Will check to see if liquids can be sent in the mail!
@Lucky15 (34210)
• Wheat Ridge, Colorado
I laughed out loud I kid you not Deborah lolz Man, you should start your own department store I will take one sure my friend lolz
@TiarasOceanView I would love to personally hand you a bottle of this perfume my friend!
• Wheat Ridge, Colorado
@Corbin5 This was really a lovely discussion my friend..kudos to you and such a good man you have there.
This reminds me what a psychiatrist heard from his patient. She said she liked pancakes and the doctor said there was nothing wrong in it and that he too liked pancakes. Then she invites him over and says that she has stacks and stacks of them. Not exactly your story but your husband should know that you do not drink but dab it gently on your wrist and under your ears. Thanks for the offer but I only use Elizabeth Arden's Green Tea.
@allknowing Green Tea sounds like it would have a lovely fragrance. If I ever run out of my bottles of perfume, will give that one a try!
@Corbin5 Unless you gift away your collection do you have any hopes you will run out of it? (lol)
@allknowing One fine day it just may be all gone and my husband will be too old to drive to Oakbrook Mall to purchase it.
Very interesting story. That's real love!
@marlina We have been married 44 years and he really is my best friend and so sweet too.
@Corbin5 Sounds like my husband.
@akalinus (27717)
Good observation!
Lol! I think that is the sweetest thing ever. Just keep thanking him, or he'll start buying it for someone else! Lol!
@DianneN He takes himself over to Oakbrook Mall and tells the ladies he needs BVLGARI. They like him so much that they throw in a mass of samples for ladies and for men too. Will just keep thanking him for this lovely fragrance.
@Corbin5 Lol! I'd rather have samples than the full size products!
@JMAndres (726)
• Zamboanga City, Philippines
Wow. your husband is very sweet. :) I also like perfumes but BVLGARI is too expensive for me specially I am still a student. :)
@JMAndres I would never pay that much for perfume either, but am pleased my husband will. We were very poor as college students too!
@JMAndres (726)
• Zamboanga City, Philippines
@Corbin5 yah. It is really a struggle being a student, you can't buy what you want even if it is not that expensive. But I guess I am still lucky because I still don't care the responsibility to paying bills. :)
@JMAndres (726)
• Zamboanga City, Philippines
@Corbin5 Your husband is sweet, I hope my future husband will be like yours :)
@Auntylou (4306)
• Oxford, England
It is a pity that you cannot find someone else you could pass the surplus to. It is not as if perfume is cheap!
@Auntylou I would give it to my sister, but perfume gives her headaches. Have to find someone who really likes the fragrance and hand a bottle over to her.
@Auntylou (4306)
• Oxford, England
@Corbin5 Failing that, a charity shop or fundraiser might be glad for it!
Well I know that if I head on over to Macy's and find that BLVGARI, I'll know exactly what you smell like! Just HOW many bottles (or cases) of this stuff do you have? You could open you're own BVLGARI shop!
@much2say I have 3 brand new bottles In a box in the basement and 2 bottles that are 2/3 full. I will just keep on spraying myself!
@Corbin5 You'll never, ever have smelly issues!
@fishtiger58 (30248)
• Momence, Illinois
Oh I love your story. Made me smile. I have never smelled that particular perfume. But now I will have to. I have asked women as well oh you smell good what are you wearing. I love 8 by Abercrombie and Fitch,, think I spelled that right. I wear perfume every day as well. Love my musk for daily wear and others like Opium and 8 for special wearing.
@fishtiger58 I would love to try 8! I love Opium too. I do get many compliments on the fragrance my husband keeps buying and that works for me.
@fishtiger58 (30248)
• Momence, Illinois
@Corbin5 I love Opium, I have been wearing the scent since the late 70's
@scheng1 (24715)
Wow, your husband really is funny! I thought guys will have the courage to ask another woman for the name of nice perfume!
@scheng1 I am sure the lady loved the compliment. The older ladies at the grocery store give my husband flowers for me for free because he is such a nice guy.
@scheng1 (24715)
@Corbin5 haha, you end up getting all the goodies!
@gofsey (1599)
• Madurai, India
Ha ha, quite amusing. It makes me smile and reminds me of my dad and mom.
@gofsey How wonderful that you were reminded of your mom and dad! They must have loved each other so much!
@gofsey (1599)
• Madurai, India
@Corbin5 Yes, they were blessed and I was lucky to have them.
It never ceases to amaze me how thoughtful your husband is.
@just4him When we first married, I had a relapse with kidney disease and all that came with it, and for 13 years he fought the battle with me. A lot of guys couldn't handle that, but he did. I think God picked him for me. One doctor asked me, "Tell me about your husband." I answered, "He is an angel."
@Corbin5 That's totally awesome!
@Ruby3881 (1992)
LOL, what a sweetheart! I'm not familiar with the scent, but I looked it up to see what it smells like. Lots of citrus, I see. It sounds lovely.
@Ruby3881 It is a gentle fragrance and glad of that. He is a sweet guy. We have been married 44 years and he is still so wonderful to me, to my family, to his family and to our son. I will keep him!
@Ruby3881 (1992)
@Corbin5 Yeah, I guess you should hold onto him