Hopping Mad.....

Good morning all. I have to say that I do not usually title my discussions like I am this one, but sadly, I am. I was just reading a discussion that I posted yesterday, reposted by another member. Right down to the same picture being used. Why or why do members think that they can pull something like that off. It irks me. Have you had anyone steal any of your discussions as of late?
@dodo19 (46628)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
I don't understand why some people do this and think they can get away with it. Unbelievable.
It just hits that nerve that nobody wants to hit, and I only posted that discussion yesterday. It is insulting and very under-handed.
@dodo19 (46628)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
@Juliaacv agreed. You have good reason to be upset.
@Ruby3881 (1969)
@Juliaacv I wonder if people who do this realize that what they're doing amounts to theft?
Oh my goodness Julia - what a cheek! I haven't had anybody do it lately, but it's happened to me in the past. Has the pest been dealt with yet?
Yes, surprisingly enough, I just went to get the user's name and the discussion has been taken down.
@Juliaacv That's good to hear, I hope whoever it is has learnt his lesson.
• Westland, Michigan
@Juliaacv That is good to hear.
Not yet to my knowledge. I hope you alerted admin. I'd be hopping mad too.
Yes I reported it but another member, @JJ had already beat me to the punch. So the discussion was taken down and the member's account cancelled within a very short time.
@Juliaacv That's good.
@Morleyhunt (21760)
They are fools and obviously think no one will notice. Anyone who hangs out here any length of time gets suspicious whe. They see the same or similar posts appear.
A member that liked it and posted on it actually posted on this discussion.
@Morleyhunt (21760)
@Juliaacv I remember seeing that happen with very obviously spam posts written Ina foreign language on the Bubblews site. I would have deleted both accounts. But then I tend to be a little intolerant of idiots.
• Westland, Michigan
Fools is the perfect word for them.
• Rockingham, Australia
I've just come from JJ's discussion about this. I have never come across this. Maybe I'm not 'connected' to the same people.
• Rockingham, Australia
@Juliaacv That's very true. Clever of you to pick up on that. :)
• Rockingham, Australia
@Raelove Are you gullible too?
@JMAndres (705)
• Zamboanga City, Philippines
Copying/ stealing your thoughts/ idea/ works is really irritating. I can't imagine how irresponsible that user was. I hope the admin can check it.
They took down their discussion and their account.
@JMAndres Oh I'm thinking that admin removed both the post as well as the user. We don't want nor do we need that kind of scum on this site.
@JMAndres (705)
• Zamboanga City, Philippines
@Juliaacv the user itself took it down or the admin?
That is super annoying. It surprises me that people would think thats Ok.
Well the kicker is, I only put up one discussion yesterday, and this is the one that they choose to put up as their own work today. Really? I am (understandably) very upset over this. Another member, thankfully, posted a well-written discussion explaining how this is not an accepted practise on our website here. Hopefully that member reads his discussion and comprehends it, along with any others that might be clear on how things are done around here.
• Valdosta, Georgia
I have had that happen to me and it has made me angry too but I'm glad admin takes care of it pretty quickly. I'm sorry it happened to you.
• Valdosta, Georgia
@Juliaacv Yeah the admin is so awesome here-I love it! =)
I was blown away by just how quickly they dealt with it, it was really wonderful, and sends a very powerful message that this type of activity is not tolerated.
@LovingMyBabies Well it was @JJ who actually came across it first. He left a comment and then went from there reporting it. I am thankful for his support as well as that from the admin.
@cherriefic (10369)
That's really low. If they plagiarized, at least get it from another site. Did you reported it?
Me and one other member reported it. He had his account closed on this site as a result.
@TheSojourner (64867)
I don't know if anybody stolen anything from me. But I think some of these people need to be run up the flagpole by their nether bits.
@Juliaacv I'm sorry that happened to you. I understand the feelings of violation, more than you know.
@CoralLevang Thank you for your kind words.
I agree, but if you put up just 1 discussion yesterday, and you saw it up today by somebody else, you'd recognize and report it. It really upset me, I felt very violated.
@yalul070 (1715)
• Manila, Philippines
Is the user still around? I also wonder why people do that.
@yalul070 (1715)
• Manila, Philippines
@Juliaacv Oh good then! I have a feeling that that person will come back using another username.
@yalul070 Oh they probably will, but that's not up to me to worry about. I'll just continue to go about my own business here, just like everybody else.
No, I don't believe so, from what I understand both the discussion that he copied and his account have been removed.
dang those rotten coyotes! glad that they were tended to swiftly by the powers that be. i fear i aint very diligent these days'n huntin' 'em down, those scoundrels who think 'tis perfectly alright fer 'em to go pilferin' other folks writin'/photos. don't reckon i've'd anybody steal my dribblin's - ya know, coz i dribble funny :D perhaps that's a blessin'...
@KristenH (33169)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
None so far. That's wrong and nothing original. They should get more than a slap on the wrist. The post and user should be removed, the earnings deduced and then gone. And there's users who post multiple discussions just to get people to respond. That irks me too.
It really hit a nerve with me. Thankfully another member had already come across it before me and taken the necessary steps to report it, now the discussion and I believe, the member are both gone. They sent him packing.
@KristenH (33169)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
@Juliaacv Thank goodness!
@AnneEJ (4963)
• Dollard-Des-Ormeaux, Quebec
That would make you mad. I hope you reported it.
Both myself as well as another member reported it, and the site sent him packing, his account is closed now! There is no room for that here.
@AnneEJ That and I don't know if they understand enough English to understand the rules.
@AnneEJ (4963)
• Dollard-Des-Ormeaux, Quebec
@Juliaacv I am glad they removed him. Seems like this problem comes up on every site. They must not read the rules when they join.
@Marcyaz (35355)
Wow reposted exactly as yours was down to the picture. That is so unbelievable to do something like that.
They even copied my picture that I took in my own back yard! But they are gone now, thankfully.
@Lolaze (5107)
• St. Louis, Missouri
I've never had that happen but you have every right to be furious. Sucks to be them, report them and they will go bye-bye!
Already done and done. Bye bye is all we can say to them!
I hate this form of plagiarism. I had a discussion plagiarized here several weeks ago and I remember that I had many when I wrote at Bubblews. I hope that those users are thrown out of the site immediately.
Yes, the discussion was taken down and the member's account cancelled. Poof, here and gone!
@sueznewz2 (10678)
• Alicante, Spain
I've not really heard of it happening much on here ...but I know it was happening a lot on bubblews...., i'm glad its been taken down ...
It felt like a violation, thankfully another member got to it first and reported it.
@rina110383 (24487)
When I saw it, I knew I read it the day before. I was about to slam my laptop because I hate dishonest people. This has not happened to me yet but if it will happen, I won't think twice of publicly humiliating that person even if that would lead to my kicking out of this site.
What caught my attention when I went into the recently posted discussions was the picture. I did the discussion around that picture which I took in our backyard.
@Ruby3881 (1969)
That it really low! I hope you reported them, and that the admin dealt with it swiftly. Sorry to hear your words and image were stolen...
Another member reported it before I even read it, but I also reported it. The discussion and member's account were closed quickly.