Problem with reading : do you have something similar?

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
I am wondering if this has happened to you, fellow my lotters. I find that I can't remember things that I read a few years ago. For example, I love Joanne Fluke's Hannah Swenson mysteries that is a series I have been reading for quite a few years. So I was going to reread other books in the series, but lo and behold, I borrowed the book from one two different library systems in which I have library cards, and I totally forgot The Key Lime Pie Murder which s a book I just go done rereading about three nights ago. That disturbed me. Then even further sad news is I am finishing "The blood of an Englishman, " and towards the end, I realize I read this book late last year! I didn't even know M.C. Beaton, the author, until fall of last year, Please do tell if you find this happens to you?
The older I get, the harder time I have to remember what I read.
@marlina Yes it seems that way with me. Maybe it is age for me
@Marty1 People says that it is age!
@marlina I wonder if it is true it is age. I remembered I have to reread all the Agatha christie's book as I have no idea of the plots and Sue Grafton, too as somebody here suggested books by the authors
@CRK109 (14655)
oh yes, it happens a little too often these days!
@crk109 happening too much with me as I forget the whole series I read. I don't remember all of Joanne Fluke and Janet Evanovich books. And who knows whatever else I forgot that I read.
@CRK109, It is happening too often to my liking too.
• Rockingham, Australia
Vince reads a lot of books and now puts a pencil initial in the back because otherwise he might read a book over and over and does realise till he gets near the end. So you are not the only one doing this.
@judyev Good idea but most of the books I read that aren't E-Books are from the library. But I do have books I own but read library books for some reason. Do you have that problem?
• Rockingham, Australia
@Marty1 I don't forget the books I've read so much but I do forget what they're about.
@JudyEv That is sort o like me. I remember the titles of most books I read, but don't remember their storylines. Do you read a lot? What is your favorite genre?
Most definitely. There are a lot of great classics that I don't remember anything about - many which I read in high school (have completely forgotten the plots).
@Much2say Oh my goodness, I forgot about classics I don't remember those either!
@Marty1 The good thing is there are summaries online where we can look them up . . . I might remember the plot then . . . but then I probably wouldn't remember all the details .
@much2say Where does one find these summaries online? I didn't know they were available online. Are there summaries of more modern books.
@silvermist (19903)
@Marty1 Well,this does happen to many of us.Nothing to worry about.
@silvermist That is a relief. But it seems like I forgot most f the books in series books that I read!
@silvermist (19903)
@Marty1 THese days we read so many series books,this happens.Not something related to age.Recently my son almost finished an Alex Cross book by Patterson when he remembered he had already read it.
@silvermist I am currently reading a series book and do remember a bit of it, but don't remember if i finished it, so I am going to read the rest of the book. That is good that others do the same thing
Maybe you need to keep a list of which books you've read and a short synopsis of what they were about.
@celticeagle If I remember to write it down as I am supposed to b keeping a list of books I read for a library contest, and I just realized in April I didn't write down any books i read. I have to start over. Good idea of the synopsis. I am going to start writing them down and what they are about
@Marty1 ......Sounds good.
• Midland, Michigan
Sure it does. I don't remember the books I've read like I did when younger. Some of the titles have similar names so that doesn't help much either. I've even read books and it's taken me half way through before I remember the story line. Either I was asleep when I read it previously, or we're all o busy that there's just so much our brains can remember. I think that's the main problem for most things we forget.
Good point only so much we can remember. I forgot the books I read when I was younger, too. Especially when I read young adult books. I don't remember most of various series I read so I am rereading all those books.
@RubyHawk (38192)
• Atlanta, Georgia
It happens to me all the time. Usually after I start reading I remember and sometimes I only remember a few passages. It's to be expected when we read so much.
@rubyhawk I am glad to know there are others like me.
I think it's normal and I think that has happened to me. If you have ready lots of books, I think that could happen.
@tonigranzon yes i have read quite a few books in my life.
@connierebel (1566)
Sometimes I remember WHAT I've read, but I can't remember what book it was in! Then I also get confused if it was something I read, or a movie I watched! also, there is this book I read a long time ago, that I can't possibly remember the name of, or the author. Unfortunately, the library doesn't keep a record of what I've borrowed, and it was one I hadn't intended to borrow, but it came through the library interloan system, and they had sent me the wrong book by mistake. But it turned out to be interesting anyway. I don't think I'll ever find out what it was, unless somehow I come across it somewhere and recognize the cover.
@connierebel That is unfortunate. I have not had that problem, yet but I am sure it is upcoming for me! Luckily i don't really watch movies so I don't get those two confused though I am sure I would if I did watch them!
• Quebec, Quebec
Yes that happened to me sometimes too. I think that it's normal. We can't remember all the books we read. Especially if you read a lot. :)
@jean_phil12 Yes I do read quite a bit. Glad to know it happens to others too! Do you read a lot?
It has happened yes, and even when I realise I've read it before, I can't remember the story so carry on with it anyway.
@jabo Yes, I go on with the book too, I thoroughly enjoyed the Key Lime Pie Murder so it is no problem to reread it.
It only happened once with a book, but several times I start to watch a movie and after 20 minutes or so I realize that I have already seen the movie.