In conclusion I do not travel ..... but ..

@alberello75 (22836)
Genova, Italy
I admit that I spend practically all year in my city. Difficultly I move at distance, perhaps at most, I can go to Piombino (Tuscany - Italy), in the two houses (stupidly!) inherited from my mother, once owned by my grandparents. But in 2018, I did not even go there, because of my mother's hip surgery, in last June! But this month, I received the report of all my movements done in 2018. In the time of 365 days, through the App "Google Maps Timeline" Well, this would be the result: It turns out that in the year 2018, I have traveled 5,064 km, which is equivalent to 12% of the World Tour!! Of these: 213 Km by walking (65 hours total) 4852 Km, by car, or public transport (192 hours total) The trip farther away was made by me on October 6, from Genova, to Casal Cermelli (Piemonte - Province of Alessandria), a distance of 86 Km (of course I have also returned so the trip is double). While more than once, I went to Arenzano, when my mother was hospitalized. In that case, the distance, traveled several times by car, is 32 km In conclusion, if someone like me who, during the year makes a few displacements, covers 12% of the World Tour. Surely, many people, can complete it, perhaps more than once in a year!
@Porcospino (25911)
• Denmark
I have never used that app, but it is an interesting idea. I visited many other parts of Denmark in 2018, but I have no idea how many kilometers I travelled.
@alberello75 (22836)
• Genova, Italy
Well. As I said in other replies, it should be an upgrade of the new Android OS. In fact, until last year, I do not receive this report!
@Acefun (1170)
I do not like to travel too frequent too. This is because I will spend more than half day waiting to reach the destination (longer time needed if the destination is too far). Since you have 2 houses in different locations, so you do not have the options to travel there to check if everything is fine over there. You may install CCTV to monitor the your house surrounding so you can travel less frequently to there. however, you need to have a good internet connection and choose a better resolution CCTV with the capability of moving the camera around.
@alberello75 (22836)
• Genova, Italy
What I reported, is a function integrated into my LG-K10 cell phone, with OS Android. Not a real App, to be installed.
@Acefun (1170)
@alberello75 Is this monitoring system originated come from the phone from LG? Sorry, I am misunderstand it.
@alberello75 (22836)
• Genova, Italy
@Acefun I do not think it's just for LG brand. I think it's something generated from a last upgrade by Android . I own this cell phone, since November 2017.
Tuscany I love.Been there had a great time.
@alberello75 (22836)
• Genova, Italy
My grandparents, both maternal and paternal, were Toscani.
@kepweng (24630)
@alberello75 are u born and raiserd in italy?
@alberello75 (22836)
• Genova, Italy
@kepweng YES. I never got out of this county!
If they travel just even a bit, they certainly complete your distance several times a year, easily.
@alberello75 (22836)
• Genova, Italy
Of course, and as I said, my movements are not many.
@moonandstars (19184)
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
Not bad
@alberello75 (22836)
• Genova, Italy
Have you a smartphone with OS Android?
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
@alberello75 (22836)
• Genova, Italy
@moonandstars Well. It is never said. You could always have it in the future.
@mysdianait (65081)
Oh that app is interesting indeed. I travelled less than you I guess, though I walk ecery day (but only here in town and around). The only trip I took last year was in the late summer to Laigueglia.
@mysdianait (65081)
@alberello75 thank you. I will check it out and see if it works on mine too.
@alberello75 (22836)
• Genova, Italy
@mysdianait I think so. You should also have this function on Android. But, forgive me the joke. You're not stingy as we are classified noi Genovesi. My brother loves IOS for Apple-Iphones. So, dear Diana, if you had this chance, you could buy for yourself, an IPHONE XM MAX 256 GB storage. For your "nonsense" sum of only 1.129,00 €
I have been around the world two and a half times.
@alberello75 (22836)
• Genova, Italy
But, the real World Tour, or doing it for eight years, the distance that I did in 2018?
@alberello75 Interesting. I knew our phones tracked us but have not heard how you could access the information. I may have to look into it. Sadly though it has been used by government agencies to track citizens.
@alberello75 (22836)
• Genova, Italy
Well, I know that. Like every phone has the IMEI code (International Mobile Equipment Identity). However, just this alone, Android gave me this information. This should be an upgrade.
Tuscany would be wonderful to see. It sounds like a nice app to give you all that information.
@alberello75 (22836)
• Genova, Italy
Yes, Tuscany is a beautiful Italian region! But the houses inherited from my mother, seem more shacks than habitation! My mother made a big mistake. She would have to give up! This is because we, while not benefiting from those houses, we pay high taxes during the year!
That app really does seem to be quite useful.
Surely Americans do a lot more kilometers every year, due to their very large distances. I have no idea how many kilometers we did in 2018, but considering that we went to Milan 4 times a month I think a lot last year.
@alberello75 (22836)
• Genova, Italy
@LadyDuck You see. In theory, I would have App to distract those who "follow me" from my daily lands-movements. It is called Fake GPS location But, as you know, I would like to be honest with my family, so I do not want to deceive them!
@alberello75 Do you mean that your family check where you go? This is against your privacy as you are an adult, do you know this?
@alberello75 (22836)
• Genova, Italy
@LadyDuck Yes with the App, LIFE360! However, with this system, I can also know the movements of the other members of the family! But strange, I gave you the answer a few days ago here. Why did it disappear? You can check it here:
https://www.life360.com/
@noni1959 (5743)
Someday I will make a trip to Italy. It's on my bucket list and hoping it will be in a year or two. I think Tuscany will be one place but really want to see Procida, Elba, and Capri.
@alberello75 (22836)
• Genova, Italy
Well, to go to the Elba (island), first you have to pass from Piombino where I (or rather my mom), have two houses inherited from my grandparents! From Piombino, you have to take the ferry (today there is a much faster hydrofoil), and reach the island. If you pass in Piombino, and I were there, I could host you for 1 or 2 days, before you take the boat! Have a nice trip. Elba is a fascinating island that lives 100% on tourism. There are never more industries from the post-war period! I've been there at least 10 times in my life! However, the islanders are very conceited! They almost don't even consider themselves Italian citizens!! This is the only negative feedback of the Island. Then be careful, but you just have to ignore them! Leave them in their ignorance! I tell you this for my personal experience, and the experience teaches!
@noni1959 (5743)
@alberello75 Thank you for the information. I will make sure I'm careful with the people there. Thank you for the offer to host. That is kind of you. It's a goal for 2020 or 2021. I want to go without a tour though my girlfriend keeps telling me we should do one since it's cheaper. I don't want to be on a timeline with a group. She does international with them and does save but seems to be exhausted after plus not get to see something else she may have wanted to. I figure I will need a plane, taxi, ferry, money and time. Do you know if the island takes American money or do we exchange? Do you think we should use credit card instead?
@alberello75 (22836)
• Genova, Italy
@noni1959 Excuse me. Sorry for my late in the answer. Well, in Italy (as in the rest of Europe), we use EURO € as the currency. (current exchange rate: € 1 = US $ 1.12) However at Elba, being a destination for tourists from all over the world, I believe they will have no problem accepting your currency. However, I would like to mention to you that, perhaps with my mother, we intend to sell those houses in Piombino. They remain virtually empty all year, and involve not inconsiderable expense!
It's amazing how far we could travel if we measured our steps, and I know many people do, and how much it adds up in where you could travel in that distance.
@alberello75 (22836)
• Genova, Italy
Of course it is now easier to calculate everything, through "the inseparable life partner: the cell phone!"
@alberello75 I'm sure it is. I only use my cell as a phone, nothing else.
@alberello75 (22836)
• Genova, Italy
@just4him They are now called smartphones. Maybe use them for phone calls, it seems now an optional! They have a lot of features! Including, there should be an App (obviously illegal!), Which causes headaches for the people to whom you point the cell phone for 3 minutes! (I believe uses microwaves). In fact, it immediately dries the battery. They would like to pass it to me, but I almost give up. I don't think it's a good thing! I don't find funny to make people sick! (even if it's just a headache, but....) I don't know your opinion.
@db20747 (20790)
• Washington, District Of Columbia
Interesting!! Please make more posts!!
@alberello75 (22836)
• Genova, Italy
Well, on this, I give you right. I've been joined here for 4 years, for me only 121 discussions! I would say, decidedly little for me!. I think I should definitely make more effort. Do you agree?
@db20747 (20790)
• Washington, District Of Columbia
@alberello75 Yes, want to see your post!
@alberello75 (22836)
• Genova, Italy
@db20747 Ok. Well, in the next few days, I could perhaps, post one.
@LeaPea2417 (25670)
• Toccoa, Georgia
I would love to visit Italy sometime.
@alberello75 (22836)
• Genova, Italy
Well. If by chance, one day you'll decide to do and to pass from my city GENOVA. I would be happy to welcome you once, at my home
@LeaPea2417 (25670)
• Toccoa, Georgia
@alberello75 Thanks,
@alberello75 (22836)
• Genova, Italy
@LeaPea2417 Not at all.
@kepweng (24630)
2h
How are u my friend been long time no talk
@alberello75 (22836)
• Genova, Italy
1h
More or less, I live my life. I can't do anything else I'm sorry!
@Nevena83 (29578)
• Serbia
Wooow It's really a lot of miles.
@alberello75 (22836)
• Genova, Italy
They seem. But they are nothing compared to how many other people move!
You live in a beautiful country. I visited Italy in 1977.
@alberello75 (22836)
• Genova, Italy
Uhm ... I'm sorry, but unfortunately things have seriously changed here in a negative way! However, for tourists, Italy always has something attractive! But ... a lot of attention, nowadays not to be: robbed, kidnapped or raped! It is really painful that a country like Italy has fallen so low!
@bunnybon7 (41414)
• Holiday, Florida
well I guess you have to strive for more then huh?
@alberello75 (22836)
• Genova, Italy
Well, you see, I have no great prospects of wanting to travel.
@sofssu (23201)
Interesting calculations there. I wonder how much I travel. I do travel a lot in summer by road.
@alberello75 (22836)
• Genova, Italy
Do you have an ANDROID smartphone?