About “Used” New Books.

Am I the only one who buys a book for someone, and reads it first? Lol I mean reads the literal copy of the book before wrapping g it up. My Mom & I have been doing this for years. She gets all her new books through me because I get online discounts. She also asks for books for birthday and Christmas, particularly by authors we both love. I also never dig-ear a book, or leave it flat, nor do I mark it up. The book is still in virginal condition when she gets it. Anyone else do this?
@BarBaraPrz (23450)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
I admit I've done this. I mean, if I haven't read it before, how will I know the person I'm gifting it to will enjoy it?
@Fleura (9832)
I'm tempted, but no, I think the beek doesn't look quite the same after it's been read, unless you can do it without opening it fully and just sort of squint into the half-open pages haha.
@BarBaraPrz (23450)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
Don't like leaving your eyetracks on it?
@Fleura (9832)
@BarBaraPrz Well it's rather like giving them a second-hand book isn't it? And if I was going to do that I may as well buy a second-hand book more cheaply!
@BarBaraPrz (23450)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
@Fleura I don't think so.
@pumpkinjam (6666)
I don't but my mum does. She'll often buy a book for one of her grandchildren and she'll have to read it herself first. She says that she must check it's suitable for the grandchild - no matter whether is the 6 year old or the 26 year old or any of the three in between!
Haha! That is awesome. I don't think there's anything wrong with this. I almost always buy all my books second-hand.