Sometimes no is the best answer.

My ex and his daughter are both going in to have operations the same day. The mom needs a baby sitter for my godson. Would you believe all year no one called to ask anything of me. last week she said If I wanted him I could get him. I knew something was up. Well, I said no because if I am not a though, or concern any other time find someone else to use. The sad part is I love him and he adores me. But I have to stand my ground or the walking mat will never leave my back. I feel better even though I would not mind him at all. But I have an aide and if something happened while her was here I would not like what would come of my agency staff. I was already warned I could not care for anyone. They both know that.
• Agra, India
I understand your feelings. Some people just remember you when they have some work. It is better not to oblige such people
I know and it's just not right.
• Agra, India
@sharon6345 yes...even I face such people. But now I have learned to teach such people a lesson
@amitkokiladitya Sometimes that is all we can think of. I know for me I try to remove them from my life.
Sadly that happens far too often. People can be so inconsiderate of family, it's a disgrace.
It has been uncomfortable for a while and now I am just fed up.
I don't blame you @sharon6345 I remember mom going through stuff like that, both she and I were always asked if we wanted to sit for the kids but when they were off with friends we weren't good enough to bother with. I for one did what you did but poor ma just kept letting them use her.
@rebelann I am tired of it to be honest and enough is enough.
@TheSojourner (21120)
I am glad that you are learning how to set boundaries for what you know is good for you. That's a tough lesson for us to learn sometimes, especially those who are very giving and have big hearts.
It was tough for me for that very reason. Now I am looking around me and I am basically alone. I have to say I asked B last night does he ever think about how alone I am at times. He will be coming more often.
@sharon6345 it sounds like a very kind and loving man
@TheSojourner Oh yeah and thank you for saying that. I love that he is so kind.
@Tina30219 (41295)
• Onaway, Michigan
I know you adore him but you just can’t do it anymore
No I am not able to and that is the plain truth.
They should bring him for visits, NOT expect you to baby sit. They need a regular babysitter.
That would have made things better. He is always in my town so that would be no problem.
@whiteream (5216)
You have to do what you feel is right. I am sorry that you don't get to see much of your Godson. But, you have to come first.
I am making sure of that from now on. I am not going to put myself through it.
@simone10 (27939)
I used to have people like that in my life also.
It is kind of painful too be honest. How does a person think you feel being called only when they need you.
@simone10 (27939)
@sharon6345 they don't think its true. I got tired of it and turned away, wasn't there for them anymore.
@simone10 I think something along those lines with my brother. He asked me for money from B. I had to keep telling him no. How does anyone expect me to do that. B is not a walking bank.
@hexeduser22 (6305)
Stay strong and do what you must.
I plan to do just that. I just read your username. I must say it's one of a kind.
@sharon6345 Yes, it is Cute, because at some point in my life I thought I was cute ; lil, because I'm not tall; bastart, from the word bast@rd and because I love art I changed the last letter to T.
@hexeduser22 I like it very much. I would have put something in between each letter though.
• Caracas, Venezuela
If she needs a baby sitter for your godson why doesn't she hire one? I think you are busy with your life and errands. Besides your daughter and ex will have operations, you will be busy enough, right?
No she and her father are having them the same day. I would love to but I have health issues.
• Caracas, Venezuela
@sharon6345 Oh I see Shay. First comes your health.
@jvicentevalera There you go you do get it.
• Austin, Texas
If they know you can't take care of anyone why are they even asking? Just sayin'.
Because the mom is only thinking about themselves not me. It's ok though I know at times I am better.
@db20747 (17486)
• Washington, District Of Columbia
That is the best thing if u feel u can't tend to a small kid!!
Not after I fainted three times last month.
You can't deal with a young one these days. That is okay.
They both know that as well.
I think you did the right thing, it is not right to only try to use you and not call you any other times.
They should bring him to visit you not expect you to watch him unless you want to.
I am expert at saying no.