I Have a Question

Zimbabwe
I was surfing the net the other day and came across the Top 30 and Top 100 Most Beautiful Women and Men in the whole world. Question is, how do you gauge which number beauty one falls in? Is it totally based on one's popularity, looks, wealth or should it be something else? Do share your views.. - ihasaquestion -
@1hopefulman (41640)
I have no idea how one woman is more beautiful than another.
• Zimbabwe
Beats me too...
@1hopefulman (41640)
@ihasaquestion Remember this song? I agree with it.
Skip navigation Sign in Search Loading... Close Watch QueueQueueWatch QueueQueue The next video is startingstop Loading... Watch Queue Queue __count__/__total__ Loading... Where music meets your desktop Loading... Our new desktop experience was built to b
• Preston, England
beauty has to be more than externall appearance - what we are like on the inside counts far more
No my friend real beauty only comes from the heart, but I think you are very beautiful :) in both ways. f popularity and, wealth.
• Zimbabwe
Awww thank you my dear friend. And so are you..
@ihasaquestion You're welcome my friend thanks
• Zimbabwe
@hereandthere (36958)
i remember a magazine article (or was it reader's digest? can't remember, this was pre-internet) where they combined the facial features of many famous women, like brooke shield's eyebrows, sophia loren's lips, princess diana's hair, etc and the result wasn't really attractive. i mean, not something where you'll instantly say wow, who is that? i think with beauty, it's the totality of the features, plus the aura.
• Zimbabwe
Oh yes, yes I know what you're talking about. Those feature piecing look kind of gross for some.
@Aansh13 (3472)
I don't know exactly how they gauge beauty? And on what scale??? I think may be some voting stuff... Because otherwise you can't scale beauty, something may be beautiful for me but not for others... So it varies.
• Zimbabwe
Yes, it makes sense if it depends on voting. Otherwise, beauty is subjective..
@weevee18 (1845)
I’m also not sure how they come up with it because there are different types of beauty and it also differs per place. Maybe they could also indicate what standards are used to gauge the beauty.
• Zimbabwe
Yes, if there are criterias, we wouldn't have known..
I think symmetry of face is probably the biggest indicator of physical beauty, however, inner or spiritual beauty is something completely different.
• Zimbabwe
I agree. The symmetry adds on to the finishing touches of outward beauty. The inward beauty; now, that's a different thing entirely..
@Julie555 (3172)
My all time top favorite beauty is Audrey Hepburn. Such a grace such a lovely nature. I find those men and women beautiful who make beautiful deeds not just being a cute face or slender body, however our eyes catch appearance first.
• Zimbabwe
Oh yes.. behind every cute face there's always a story, and I totally agree with you about Audrey Hepburn.
@mrki444 (2508)
• Osijek, Croatia (Hrvatska)
Probably there was poll before article.
• Zimbabwe
Yes, perhaps there is..
@AngelizaQT (2160)
I think a lot of it comes from the symetry of the face, as it's known to have an effect on the rating of attractiveness. The girl in the photo has a very symmetrical face and big beautiful eyes.
• Zimbabwe
I totally agree with you about the symmetrical features of the girl. But for the top 30 beautiful women in the world; are they for real..?
@Nakitakona (4101)
I don't know. For me, appreciation of beauty lies on the beholder's eye. Basing it in a gauge, it's too difficult for there's no perfect being. Others they messure it by rating it from 1 to 10.
• Zimbabwe
I totally agree. Beauty simply lies in the eyes of the beholder..
@ihasaquestion Are you in the picture above? I like your sparkling, talking eyes not to mention about your lips.
• Zimbabwe
@Nakitakona That's from Final Fantasy. I look more sloppy in nature lol..
@moffittjc (54775)
• Gainesville, Florida
I think it's completely subjective. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. What is beautiful to one person may be ugly to another. I have no idea how they decide who's the best looking or not. I wonder how much personality plays into the decision making?
• Zimbabwe
You know what, I do wonder about that too..what deems to be ugly for some is perfection to others, and vice versa. Like what gives, no?
• Zimbabwe
@moffittjc Same for us women..like some guys have extra and unnecessary muscles but yet that may deemed to be the epitome of beauty. I guess for both gender, it's really the only conclusion that beauty doesn't last..
@moffittjc (54775)
• Gainesville, Florida
@ihasaquestion That's true for women making choices about what is sexy in men! Some like muscles, some like love handles. Some like guys with hairy bodies, some like guys with smooth skin. I guess it all just depends on what each person likes. And so true (unfortunately) about beauty not lasting. The unfortunate side effect of aging.
@FayeHazel (28420)
Hm, I think those lists are very subjective. People seem to have specific wishes for what they want outward beauty to look like. However true beauty is in the personality I think
• Zimbabwe
I couldn't agree more. It is always the personality which takes it all..
@FayeHazel (28420)
@ihasaquestion Oh yes, even if someone were the best look physical person out there, with a bad personality it wouldn't matter - they would be ugly
• Zimbabwe
@FayeHazel Yes, but I've seen those with such good looks, and yet they are humble enough..
@ShifaLk (12852)
Maybe they do it with popularity.. Along with money and fame... But it's incomparable.. There are different types of beauty....
• Zimbabwe
Yes.. I like your name. What does it mean?
@ShifaLk (12852)
@ihasaquestion aw thanks. Shifa is an Arabic word, meaning - HEALING We use it in Prayer like- May LORD give healing/Shifa
• Zimbabwe
@ShifaLk Ah, I see. Thank you for enlightening me on that..
@porwest (14704)
I find beauty in all body types and everything else. Women I have found very beautiful other guys have been like, WHAT? I actually have a preference for heavier women. I don't know why. But I just do.
• Zimbabwe
Okay, but that's not weird. It seems to be a trend nowadays too..
@porwest (14704)
@ihasaquestion At the end of the day everyone has different qualities and attributes that they are attracted to. Since we all have a diversity of qualities and attributes, there is always someone out there for everyone.
• Zimbabwe
@porwest Yep, of course..
@cacay1 (38892)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
I think they are voted on line with pay through a credit card.That is what the organizers are doing to profit too.That is a very good money making for those who are a fan of a candidate.
• Zimbabwe
That makes sense. Voting for who you like..
@cacay1 (38892)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@ihasaquestion that is what organizers are doing to incur some expenses to vote on line with a pay usually a minimum of $5 US dollar. That is also done in the Miss Universe, Mr. World and more.
• Zimbabwe
@cacay1 Oh my..
• Caracas, Venezuela
I ask the same question myself. Just because a magazine tells me certain people on a rank are beautiful does not mean that they really are. I guess it is all based on their fame, and success. As they say "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder" beauty comes in different race, size and shape.
• Zimbabwe
Yes my friend, very well said indeed. Beauty is pretty much subjective and open to interpretation..
• Caracas, Venezuela
@ihasaquestion Exactly. Nowadays the beauty concept is way widen than it used to be in the past!
• Zimbabwe
@jvicentevalera Yes.. considering the pinnacle of cosmetic beauty, it is ineed diverse!
@Babino (1290)
• Morocco
i think you shouldn't take this kind of articles seriously, it's just random person choosing between beautiful famous girls, making them more famous. there are a lot of girls in this worls that nobody had ever seen before, in the montains, in the poor countries.. that have no internet, maybe not even consumable source of water .. and who is that author to decide if this one is beautiful and this one is not anyway,.
• Zimbabwe
You are right..and that was what I was thinking too; beauty is just so subjective and to deduce to a top 30 or 100 is plain ridiculous..
@Babino (1290)
• Morocco
@ihasaquestion exactly !!
• Zimbabwe
@Babino Ah huhh...
I have often wondered that myself.
• Zimbabwe
Good, me too..
@Mahaev (291)
• Kathmandu, Nepal
We cant say beautiful people who have charming face. She must be talent,creative as well as good from heart.
• Zimbabwe
Like a package..
@stapllotik (1346)
I strongly feels its all about instincts. How things pleases you. Or rather anything pleasing the eye. Actually iam not buying the statement, beauty lies in the heart. Its like looking at a painting, if you like it, its beautiful and if you don't, its not.
• Zimbabwe
Yes, I know what you mean..