Our car

In December our car wouldn’t start. We had a new battery put in. Yesterday car wouldn’t start, I am thinking it can’t be the battery again. Our mechanic came over gave the car a jump and suggest we go to the dealership. The car was taken to the dealership and the mechanic ran test, his conclusion for the car not starting is that it is not being used enough. That doesn’t sound right to me , we were not charged for the testing. I am afraid something else is wrong. Has any one experienced this?
A battery goes down if you do not use the car for many days in a row, something like one month, this makes no sense.
it has been working lately.
@CookieMonster46 I am glad it's working now.
@LadyDuck let’s hope it stays this way.
He can be right even if you don't drive it should be turned on and revved up. People do it a lot here in the Winter.
Ok then I hope he is right.
@CookieMonster46 Keep turning it on you will see. Good luck.
@sharon6345 so far so good
I have no car but I took a look online. Perhaps this can give you some ideas.
In the Car Talk Communities, there's a question this week about a 2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class that won't start, despite the battery being good. Before you go buying new batteries, altern
thank you i kept a copy of this.
@bunnybon7 (40426)
• Holiday, Florida
i have heard of that. no idea why but my former client once had a Lexus that he was told the same and I had to take it out and drive around twice a week so the daughter could use it when she came to visit for a while.
i just never heard of that, seems strange, i never had this problem before.
That is very strange
Very strange, I need this car to be working.
Your battery can go down if the car sits too much, especially in the winter. Other than that, I would wonder if a) the battery connections are loose. or b) is there something shorting out and draining the battery.
The car is used at least once a day or more only sat on Saturday and Sunday because it would not start. I feel something is being missed.
I guess that could be the reason for a flat battery. Do you use the car very often?
usually every day, just sometimes, like today not going anyway raining heavy here, but will tomorrow, rest of week.
Did you have the battery checked.
Yes, it had been replaced last December.
Yes, cars that aren’t driven often have battery issues. Hope the car is working by now.