Just STOP it. A message to young people!

@garymarsh6 (17742)
United Kingdom
At the shopping centre yesterday I was confronted by similar views to the one in the picture. I can not understand the youth of today who seem to think it is ok to walk around with their trousers half way down their legs. STOP IT. STOP IT. STOP IT. ( I hope you noticed how I refrained from using vulgar language to describe these morons). You look absolutely ridiculous. You do not look smart and the rest of the population DO NOT think you look smart either. No one wants to see your backside hanging out of your trousers. It is not fashionable to look like a moron. Please have a bit of pride in your appearance. A bit of self respect. Dress properly like you should do and have a bit of respect not only for yourself but for your fellow human beings. I bet your parents are really proud of you for walking around showing off your great big butt. I thought the following photo summed up perfectly the shame you should be feeling and I hope it shames people into wearing their clothes as they should be worn.
@Sreekala (31645)
I do not know where the younger generation is moving? Howe they can forgot the mannerism in dressing up. Not only boys but girls too must take care of their dress code.
@garymarsh6 (17742)
It is stupid to say the least!
@Fleura (9691)
I thought that particular fashion fad had passed by now. They do look ridiculous, and I can't believe it isn't uncomfortable. It just makes me think they look like a good target for a mugger because surely they couldn't run after the perpetrator with their trousers half down like that?
@garymarsh6 (17742)
OH good grief no. It is very much alive and on display in London and the South. Probably more in @Gillygirls area than where I live. They were out in force yesterday in Bluewater.
@LowRiderX (9381)
• Serbia
I wonder how it is pinching pants lowered to half? It seems to me like he got sh** in his pants
@garymarsh6 (17742)
Yes perhaps his Nappy is full!
@Gillygirl (30233)
• Sutton, England
@Gillygirl (30233)
• Sutton, England
Oh those silly boys. This has been the fashion for so many years now. When I was at the college I did speak to a couple of young lads about what lowered trousers can indicate in certain situations. When I explained it they were shocked.
@garymarsh6 (17742)
The word clearly has not spread Gill. This is more than just a passing fad it seems to be quite pernanent these days. It is quite prominent in London and South London. Shame they come down to Bluewater I would prefer they stayed where they came from!
@Gillygirl (30233)
• Sutton, England
The picture is funny ! The guy dressed that way fancied he looked cool.
@garymarsh6 (17742)
Yes "Thinks" he looks cool but in fact looks STUPID!
@Julie555 (3232)
When I first came across a guy wearing trousers in such manner I thought smth must have happened. Did he lose his belt or by mistake wear oversized pants
@garymarsh6 (17742)
Yes such a silly fad!
@Julie555 (3232)
@garymarsh6 slave of fashion
@garymarsh6 (17742)
@Julie555 Thankfully not me!
Gary, I am so glad to see that I am not the only one to find this habit stupid and ridiculous, it's not even fashionable is only rude. I love the picture.
@garymarsh6 (17742)
The younger boy appears more intelligent than the older one!
@garymarsh6 He surely is, I cannot understand why they think to "look cool" showing their underwear.
@arunima25 (20056)
• Bangalore, India
I have come across many such situations in public places. Fashion has somewhere lost its decency.
@garymarsh6 (17742)
It is common decency and self respect. These kids obviously have none!
@arunima25 (20056)
• Bangalore, India
@garymarsh6 A few start with the stupidity and few others follow it blindly as a trend. Luckily not all youth like it.
@yoalldudes (9387)
Ha ha that is funny
@garymarsh6 (17742)
YUK more like!
@a_jerobon (1089)
• Eldoret, Kenya
It is so shameful indeed.
@garymarsh6 (17742)
Absolutely silly indeed!
Fads come and go. Wait until this has disappeared and don't work yourself up. I'm sure that when you were young, the older generation found also reasons to complain. Read the following text and guess when it was written. "“The children now love luxury; they have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place of exercise. Children are now tyrants, not the servants of their households. They no longer rise when elders enter the room. They contradict their parents, chatter before company, gobble up dainties at the table, cross their legs, and tyrannize their teachers.” - - - - - - - - - - - Socrates, Greek philosopher, (c. 470 BC]— 399 BC) Who'd a thunk it?
@garymarsh6 (17742)
Sacrates was certainly a wise man. I am not worked up about it sadly this is what London is like these days. IT has been an on going 'Fad' for many years but it looks ridiculous! Well I guess platform shoes were frowned upon back in the day! I am suprised many more of us did not end up with broken legs!
@garymarsh6 (17742)
@MALUSE Haha My daughters English master wrote to me to ask me to ensure my daughter dressed appropriately for school. I replied and told him when my daughter leaves home in the morning she is respectfully dressed for school her skirt an inch below her knees. You being a father yourself know your children leave the house appropriately dressed. Once she has arrived at school she is your responsibility. If she, like the other girls, roll the skirts up then you deal with her. How many detentions you give I will fully endorse and you have my permission to keep her there for as many days it takes for her to see the errors of her ways! He told me that he had a big laugh to my reply and fully appreciated my endorsement,. She had 3 detentions I think then saw sense! School uniform is obligatory here in many schools.
@garymarsh6 Something like this hasn't happened to me but I know about the fact that girls leave home properly dressed and once they arrive at school, they run to the toilets and undress - at least partly. So, when the topic comes up in teacher/parent conversations, one side doesn't know what the other side is talking about.
@dya80dya (15368)
This picture is funny. I agree with you. I wonder why people do this. I would be so ashamed.
@garymarsh6 (17742)
Supposedly fashion!
@dya80dya (15368)
@garymarsh6 I can't understand this fashion.
@Janet357 (16551)
hhahaaha you are soooo.right here gary. i see this sometimes. and the girls.also will walk around leaving nothing to our imagination my goodness. i dont know what they are thinking
@garymarsh6 (17742)
It is so stupid but the girls do not walk around with trousers down to their knees! The lads just seem so stupid looking!
@Janet357 (16551)
@garymarsh6 exactly, what would you do if your son wore such?
@Sojourn (5271)
Well, only effective thing that can be done to teach them a hard lesson is if someone else pulls them down fully . He will never ever think about wearing pants in such a manner in a public place.
@garymarsh6 (17742)
Hopefully you can run fast!
@Sojourn (5271)
@garymarsh6 Yeah, That's a prerequisite.
@rakski (31308)
I totally agree with you. That is not fashion.
@garymarsh6 (17742)
Stupidty perhaps?
@rakski (31308)
@garymarsh6 probably. It is not also creativity
@dgobucks226 (17522)
That caption is perfect Gary, enough said
@garymarsh6 (17742)
Haha thanks! Quite stupid some of these people!
@Mulidi (1650)
• Cruz Bay, Virgin Islands (U.S.)
New generation they lost i don't know who came with this stupidity fashion I don't know where ther're going it's turnoff
@garymarsh6 (17742)
It most certainly is!
Oh Gary , don't get me started I totally agree. It just looks stupid
@divalounger (2828)
When I see this, there is always a part of me that wants to pull the pants all the way down--I refrain though
To be honest, I haven't seen that fashion statement in years, but totally agree with you.