What the poor do that the rich dont do..

@iamdahmmy (1870)
Lagos, Nigeria
Whenever I go online and see people flaunting their new cars or new clothes, I know they are not wealthy.The truth is the wealthy are discrete with their money .they don't flaunt it..they have nothing to prove..they are already made.. The rich know that showing their wealth on social media poses a high risk..they don't have to wear the most expensive shirts or shoes to prove a point..they are just simple guys..you won't see mark zukerberg ,Steve job or bill gates showing off ..Why?..because they have more important things to worry about
@Rdoll25 (38)
• Nyeri, Kenya
Well that depend with individuals some rich people love to show off others dont like showing off
@iamdahmmy (1870)
• Lagos, Nigeria
Their are different levels of wealth..those that are billionaires don't show off..the ones that show off may not be that rich
@Nakitakona (5131)
You have the point for security and safety reasons. You said it's high risk to be showy.
@iamdahmmy (1870)
• Lagos, Nigeria
Yeah.its risky
@iamdahmmy Yes, better stay simple and humble.
@iamdahmmy (1870)
• Lagos, Nigeria
• Tokelau
You are right but up to a point.. Like The Kardashians are rich and famous and they seem to go by, "If you've got it, flaunt it". And also The Wags; they use blings and expensive designer clothes..
@iamdahmmy (1870)
• Lagos, Nigeria
When you are rich to a point,you won't see any need for showing off..their are billionaires who are ten times richer than the kardashians but don't show off...the kardashians ain"t that rich... When I say rich people, I'm talking about people like Steve jobs or bill gates... I mean stinkingly rich people
• Tokelau
@iamdahmmy There are those living it large yet are stinkingly rich people.
@iamdahmmy (1870)
• Lagos, Nigeria
@ihasaquestion maybe....
@ShifaLk (13994)
Oh yes, you are absolutely right I've seen some poor family kids buying such a costly shoes and everything which their mother don't easily afford even. Simple living high thinking is great
@iamdahmmy (1870)
• Lagos, Nigeria
I guess it makes them feel cool about themselves
@ShifaLk (13994)
@iamdahmmy yeah.. Show off types.. But that's not good actually
@iamdahmmy (1870)
• Lagos, Nigeria
I live in a part of Germany where people are generally well off. The Mercedes, Porsche and Bosch plants are nearby. Yet, the locals here belong to an ethnicity for whom showing off is *not* the thing to do. In fact, many rich people hide their wealth. The story goes that some owners of expensive cars park them quite some distance away from their houses and then take the tram to go home in order not to be considered as stinking rich (a German expression) by their neighbours. :-)
@iamdahmmy (1870)
• Lagos, Nigeria
Wow!....I'm just hearing this for the first time..well,Germany is a developed nation and the gap between the rich and the poor is not that much..almost everyone is well off..The question is "If you show off,who are you trying to impress?" Everyone is comfortable and showing off is a waste if time..nobody will notice you
@iamdahmmy This is a sensible interpretation. Yet, there is more. The part of Germany where I live is special. It's better off than other parts (Not everyone is well off. Especially in the east some regions are relatively poor), but the people who live here are known throughout the country as being tightfisted. Spending money just isn't their thing and showing off isn't, either. An architect who has seen many houses from inside once told me that many people in our town own expensive art, paintings and sculptures. Who knows that? Only their closest relatives and friends.
@iamdahmmy (1870)
• Lagos, Nigeria
@MALUSE wow... I'm speechless....those guys are something else...if I'm rich though,I'm gonna be like those people..I will be discrete with my wealth but I won't be tightfisted..I will do some charity work but won't post it on social media...I will help the helpless without making a show of it....I will tell those that I help to tag me "anonymous"..
@Aansh13 (4261)
Well, I would agree to every single word of your post. But I do believe that richness is flaunted, if you have it then flaunt is the new cool. All the great men who are currently rich are also sober in their head, therefore they don't really feel the need to show off But such is the life diaries.
@iamdahmmy (1870)
• Lagos, Nigeria
I agree...the super rich like Steve job,dangote,mark don't have any need to show..and they control billions..those that believe that one should flaunt it is the new cool are not that rich..they may have some money..but the super wealthy don't show.. My observation..
@Aansh13 (4261)
@iamdahmmy Same is mine
@jobelbojel (12416)
Yup that is correct. Most of the people I see online, that I know, flaunt their wealth or possessions.
@iamdahmmy (1870)
• Lagos, Nigeria
Yeah.. That's their definition of cool
@Hate2Iron (12964)
I remember sitting in a restaurant a few years ago and the woman at the next table was talking LOUDLY about the new house they had just purchased. It was pretty obvious !
@iamdahmmy (1870)
• Lagos, Nigeria
That's a big example of "show off".. some people suffer from low self esteem and the only way to cover it is to flaunt the little stuffs they have
@kasmakarim (1216)
So true
@iamdahmmy (1870)
• Lagos, Nigeria
It does seem that some rich people have a need to show off, but the wise ones do not.
@iamdahmmy (1870)
• Lagos, Nigeria
Maybe..but the super wealthy don't flaunt their wealth..the ones I know though
@iridion9 (11554)
Super agree
@iamdahmmy (1870)
• Lagos, Nigeria
A wise observation.
@iamdahmmy (1870)
• Lagos, Nigeria
Thanks a bunch
@Nevena83 (27368)
• Serbia
I absolutely agree with you.