Happy Mothers day!

@garymarsh6 (17739)
United Kingdom
I know that it is Mothers day in some countries and I would like to send Best wishes to all those mothers on mylot. Mothers are very special. We only ever had one. Without her we would not be here. I have found an old photo of my mother. She was with four of her sisters who had done a presentation on their family. My mother is second on the left. I call it her Hyacinth look. Wishing mothers all over the world a very happy day!
Good evening Gary.That is a wonderful photo there.Thank you for sharing with us here on my lot
@garymarsh6 (17739)
Thank you Alfredo. I have only been given it recently. I think I remember seeing it years ago. She was one of 9 girls. Imagine the rush for the bathroom in that household in the morning!
@Fleura (9691)
@garymarsh6 ha ha yes and only one in those days!
Very nice photo of your mother Gary. Here is a very old photo of myself, Mom and my brother, taken many years ago in Lugano. Even when I was young we often came to Switzerland.
@garymarsh6 (17739)
It is a lovely photo Anna. You were very pretty well you still are but it is lovely to look back on old photos! I can see your mum is very proud of the two of you!
@garymarsh6 You are right, Mum was very proud of us, she particularly loved her "big baby", he was still young and not fully grown up in this photo.
@garymarsh6 (17739)
@LadyDuck Haha I can see that Anna. All three of you look lovely. I guess we were all from around the same era and standards were somewhat different back then!
@Gillygirl (30359)
• Sutton, England
That is a lovely photo, Gary.I am sure your mother is not a Hyacinth. You are so naughty!
@garymarsh6 (17739)
Haha I know. I just used to tease her!
@Gillygirl (30359)
• Sutton, England
@garymarsh6 Your mum and my mum both got teased. My mum was so gentle but when angry she would chase me with a tea towel. Oh my!
@garymarsh6 (17739)
@Gillygirl It makes you appreciate what they put up with Gilly! I laugh my head off when I see what my daughter is going through, I remind her that I always warned her what goes round comes round!
@GreatMartin (8823)
• Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
Back then all mothers looked the same--not today!! :O)
@garymarsh6 (17739)
Thankfully our mother was very kind, loving and did much for us. When she passed on it was like the end of my life for me. The pain indescribable.
You have/had a beautiful mother. Lovely photo. Thank you for your wishes. It was a wonderful day.
@garymarsh6 (17739)
Thank you so much Valerie. You know they were all very good people.
@garymarsh6 They look like they were in that picture.
@garymarsh6 (17739)
@just4him Thank you!
Thank you for sharing this photo with us!! You mother looks lovely. I adore the Hyacinth look.
@garymarsh6 (17739)
Thank you Deborah. They were all good people and you can imagine the family get togethers when we were kids were amazing because everything was well organised and each did some kind of contribution. Twice a year we would have these get togethers. Once in the summer and New Years eve. It was great fun. Sadly there are only 3 sisters and one brother left now and we still have regular contact.
@garymarsh6 where were your get-togethers held since there were 12 of them plus the children?
@Fleura (9691)
I was going to guess she was the one on the far left! Do you know what the occasion was?
@garymarsh6 (17739)
Yes it was a family exhibition of local families where she came from. There were 9 girls in her family and three boys. I think they all did a presentation.
@Fleura (9691)
@garymarsh6 Wow you certainly had a surfeit of aunties!
@garymarsh6 i was about to ask how many siblings she had. wow, they were 12 in all!
Last night we went to a restaurant to have a dinner together to celebrate Mother's Day. The restaurant is very nice and offer flowers
@garymarsh6 (17739)
How nice. It is lovely to share time with your parents. Do make sure you spend as much time as you can with them while you can because one day they will not be around and it will be quite awful.
@garymarsh6 I know. It is always a sad thing to think about it.
I remember my mother every single day. In my routine there are so many things that I do as per her instructions. .
@garymarsh6 (17739)
That is good it shows that your mum was a good person and has brought up her daughter in an excellent way. Never a day goes by when I do not think of them in some way or another. Even listening to music from way back then, smells can bring back a memory!
@Mulidi (1650)
• Cruz Bay, Virgin Islands (U.S.)
Thanks. Nice picture and happy mother's day to your mom enjoy your day and don't forget to spoil your mom
@garymarsh6 (17739)
I am afraid she passed away about 25 years ago but that is not to say she is forgotten. You have a great day too!
@Nevena83 (26883)
• Serbia
Hello. Beautiful picture.Every mother should be a good woman.
@garymarsh6 (17739)
Thankfully most are Nevena.
@Nevena83 (26883)
• Serbia
@garymarsh6 Yes, but many of them are not.
@garymarsh6 (17739)
@Nevena83 Very sad when it is like that So sad.
To the mums!
@garymarsh6 (17739)
Absolutely. We only ever have the one!
@kepweng (24145)
thats a sweet messages and photo . i think i dont want to be a mother
@garymarsh6 (17739)
Many people think that but when the time is right you will change your mind!
Thanks Gary I love the photograph.
@garymarsh6 (17739)
Thank you Marie. It is quite nostalgic looking back at old photos.
Mother's love is unconditional.My deceased mother will live on in my hear forever !
@dya80dya (15371)
We celebrated on 8th March. Your photo is lovely.
• Wheat Ridge, Colorado
We all miss our Mamas Gary. Your Mother was a lovely lady look at her. RIP
What a wonderful photo and your mother looks lovely! Thanks so much, Gary!