Creepy Facebook Stalkers

By Gill
@Gillygirl (26531)
Sutton, England
Further to my post about social media stalkers, I note that there are stalkers on this site. A member actually looked up another user's Facebook account and obtained details this user and thought it was appropriate to share these details in the public domain. Such behaviour is not acceptable. Most of us would not dream of doing such a thing let alone publishing personal data on this site. Also, it is against the rules. Do you feel this is a horrible thing to do? The weather in the UK is glorious now so I won't be online much longer. I want to enjoy the weather. Photo is of a baby Robin which was messaged to me by my daughter yesterday. He looks a real mean critter!
People need to cut down or be wary of what they post on FB. Take responsibility.
@Gillygirl (26531)
• Sutton, England
True John but supposing I did a search for John Roberts and found you there is no way I would publicise anything I discovered on here. It's against the rules and goes beyond common decency. I can't imagine why anyone would waste time like that. I did once look for a person who sold artwork as she was dodgy but that was the extent of my detective work. It's just so silly.
@Gillygirl I am not on FB so no worry there. But for those on FB, don't post every facet of your life. Keep your private life private.
@Lolaze (3976)
• St. Louis, Missouri
@JohnRoberts Amen! I am on FB but careful about what I post. Even if it’s friends only, I post nothing I wouldn’t want the whole world to see.
I hope that the member who posted that information will have their account closed.
@Gillygirl (26531)
• Sutton, England
They are still spouting their self-righteous crap. Unbelievable!
@Gillygirl She should go back and delete the comment with that personal information in it now, so that nobody else sees it.
@Gillygirl (26531)
• Sutton, England
@Juliaacv I know but she hasn't I'm afraid. Anyway, I'm off out now and forgetting about creepy people.
@simone10 (28132)
I would never do that to someone no matter how I felt about them.
@Gillygirl (26531)
• Sutton, England
Neither would I. It's one thing to snoop but to publish the information found is not acceptable.
@cacay1 (36586)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@simone10 , me too, there is no reason in doing that improper thing, so weird.Of course, the victim won't be happy and anger surely rises.
@cacay1 (36586)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@Gillygirl very bad action publishing someone's info.That is punishable by law, malicious and libelous.
@rsa101 (18606)
I am wondering how he/she got hold of your fb profile? I do not know but I never share my FB account in here because I know it is quite dangerous to do so.
@Gillygirl (26531)
• Sutton, England
I am not talking about my profile. I do not have my real name on here and nor would I. However those mylotters who do choose to put their real name on here have a right NOT to have any personal details disclosed in a public discussion area where ANYBODY in the world can access these details.
@rsa101 (18606)
@Gillygirl oh ok that’s a risk if they would use their real name in here. The site is quite transparent and vulnerable to it I guess. So far no one has tried to go beyond my account in here and most of my acquaintances here i have no knowledge about their real selves and I usually do not bother about it except if they will post it here.
@Gillygirl (26531)
• Sutton, England
@rsa101 Whatever creepy perversions they may have details should not be disclosed here.
YES, I feel that it is a horrible thing to do and I hope the user has been reported and banned.
@Gillygirl (26531)
• Sutton, England
Yes, appalling!
@cacay1 (36586)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@LadyDuck , that person has no right to investigate, very improper and unethical.I hope he learned a lesson out of his actions.
@cacay1 I think he did.
@Hate2Iron (12754)
I used to miss visiting Facebook... but not anymore. It's not like it used to be :(
@Gillygirl (26531)
• Sutton, England
I had three years away from Facebook but recently started back with it. It is okay if used properly. I have deleted many things and changed my history. I like being back in touch with people I have met whilst travelling.
@wolfgirl569 (15477)
• Marion, Ohio
That is horrible. They should be banned.
@Gillygirl (26531)
• Sutton, England
Think they have been.
Facebook posts are used in many ways. I use it for potential n tenants.
@Gillygirl (26531)
• Sutton, England
Yep Facebook posts can be used by private investigators, Insurance fraud squads, police etc. In the UK if someone commits a crime Facebook info is used in the media.
• Lenox, Georgia
Clearly I missed what happened. If only we would all treat others as we want to be treated...
@Gillygirl (26531)
• Sutton, England
In a perfect world that would be ideal.
@Poppylicious (10690)
Unfortunately some people have no understanding of common decency and ethical behaviour. *sigh*
@Gillygirl (26531)
• Sutton, England
They need to get out and enjoy life more rather than creep into other people's business. Makes me feel nauseated.
@owlwings (40833)
• Cambridge, England
It occurs to me that, if a person is able to see 'personal' information on a Facebook page, then it's just as open to all the world as it is posted on here. Even so, it is quite wrong (and also against the rules here) to reproduce that information elsewhere without the person's specific permission. What information was shared and in what manner and with what intent would be the main things which would determine whether it were 'horrible' or not. Did you report the post? It would be a good idea to do so, if not, so that Admin can decide what should be done.
@Gillygirl (26531)
• Sutton, England
Many of us have reported it. The details included a lady's husbands name, the lady's profession and the location of the place where she works. Yes, these details can be accessed by anybody who wishes to find someone. However not to be used in a disparaging manner which did happen in this case. Quite nauseating that this could happen here.
@Fleura (9526)
@Gillygirl Obviously I haven't seen the posts in question but the name of a person's spouse is not confidential personal information, in fact it is intended to be public knowledge (that's why the banns are read before a wedding). And I guess if the person in question wanted to keep her profession a secret she should not post it on FB, that's just like writing it on a giant worldwide billboard as far as I can see!
@owlwings (40833)
• Cambridge, England
@Fleura True, but when the information is used to harass and abuse someone (as, apparently, this was), thats a very different kettle of stinking fish.
He has the 'How dare you post my details to the public' look about him. I agree. People shouldn't go to another media site and post information about another user with or without their permission.
@Gillygirl (26531)
• Sutton, England
It was absolutely appalling and has been duly dealt with thankfully.
@Gillygirl I'm glad it was taken care of.
@Gillygirl (26531)
• Sutton, England
@just4him So am I, Valerie!
There are never enough filter systems on social media sites to not allow this stealing of info to occur, that is social media platform owners problems they wish not to address until it happens to them. It was a very bad thing to do and the person who did will inevitably never understand what is coming to them, why it happened either . . .
@Gillygirl (26531)
• Sutton, England
That is true Erica. Most social media sites turn a blind eye. In this instance any details that were disclosed on this site were removed this afternoon and the culprit dealt with.
@Gillygirl good that we have a staff here of compassionate people who respect privacy
@Gillygirl (26531)
• Sutton, England
@enlightenedpsych2 Yes, they are very impressive.
That was a horrible thing to do. I abandoned FB 8 years ago. One of the best things I have done.
@Gillygirl (26531)
• Sutton, England
Yes it was unacceptable. Facebook is okay if used correctly. Sadly many don't abide by rules.
• San Jose, California
@Gillygirl I do use Facebook and I think it's almost impossible not to use correctly unless someone is really stupid.
@Gillygirl (26531)
• Sutton, England
@Aquitaine24 The person harmed was not stupid. Basic info about profession and location of work was used to harass. The person who instigated this is no longer on the site.
@Bensen32 (2716)
Yea, that is messed up. The posting someones personal information is just wrong. Someone like that should be banned. Hope your enjoying the weather and having a great day.
@Gillygirl (26531)
• Sutton, England
Thank you! Yes, I am enjoying the weather. It is beautiful outside. So nice to see the sun again.
@Bensen32 (2716)
@Gillygirl it's sunny but chilly here today.
@Gillygirl (26531)
• Sutton, England
@Bensen32 At least it isn't grey and dull.
@Aansh13 (1430)
I think Facebook is something that is a public domain and very social, people can do whatever they like, and the only way to deal with this is not to put any information on social medias that is way too personal
@Gillygirl (26531)
• Sutton, England
That is true but to disclose someone's details on this site is appalling and also against the rules. Why someone would take that action is beyond me.
@Aansh13 (1430)
@Gillygirl Point is absolutely valid, sharing any info isn't justified
@Gillygirl (26531)
• Sutton, England
@Aansh13 You can merely see my recent activity to see what I mean.
@Tonietta (817)
I dont use facebook for the reason some people tend to do like that.
@Gillygirl (26531)
• Sutton, England
Facebook is okay providing information put on there does not attract certain types of people. I no longer have my profession. My profile pic is not me lol.
• Agra, India
The same thing happened with me. One of the user did the same thing and I blocked him. I think you are talking about the same person
@Gillygirl (26531)
• Sutton, England
That happened to you I know. How such behaviour can be justified is beyond me. It is creepy behaviour and must be against the rules. In fact, it is against the rules. Such people are silly Internet warriors and lack common decency.
@Porcospino (24379)
• Denmark
I find it very hard to understand why anyone would do that. I know it happened, I saw the discussion, but I find it hard to understand why the person found it okay. I would never look for information outside myLot, and I definitely wouldn't post the information in a comment.
@Gillygirl (26531)
• Sutton, England
It is unacceptable, goes beyond common decency and is against the rules.
@Porcospino (24379)
• Denmark
@Gillygirl Yes, it is unacceptable. That kind of private information doesn't belong here. If that member had done the same to me I would have been angry.
@Gillygirl (26531)
• Sutton, England
@Porcospino Thankfully it has been sorted out now.
@LowRiderX (7757)
• Serbia
I would not like to have someone behave like that to me, most likely would be blocked. By the way, this pic is sooo funny
@Gillygirl (26531)
• Sutton, England
Thanks! My daughter made me laugh last night. There is a nest behind her shed and she watched the Mummy and babies flying around. A cat went for one of the babas. She has stationed herself on birdwatch. She also sent a video where she is telling the mother not to leave one of the babies out.
@LowRiderX (7757)
• Serbia
@Gillygirl Poor little birds
@Gillygirl (26531)
• Sutton, England
@LowRiderX She saved one from a cat. If I had been told ten years ago that she had any interest in nature I would have laughed.