What a weekend

Thursday, we finally got our car back . So we wanted to go get ice cream at our favorite parlor to celebrate, but then my brother texted asking us to pick him up something to eat, so he wouldn't be hungry at work. So we decided to get him food, and wait til later for the ice cream, that way we could also see if Gabby wanted to go with, when she got out of daycare. She did, so we picked her up and went. It was a little cold though, as the sun wasn't shining where we were sitting, so we ate in the car. Then since we had to go pick something up at BJ's for my Grandmother, we asked Gabby if she wanted to stop by KMART and see if they had any sandals. As her mom says that's all she really needs. We found a pair of Frozen ones, that she loves. But they didn't have her size. So instead, we bought her a cute little pair of ankle boots that were on clearance for $3.50! Plus a thing of mini m&ms that she picked up at the register and convinced us to get her with that cute little face! Then we dropped her off at home, and to our surprise my "Aunt" was there and she actually talked to us, not just my cousin. And after about 30minutes of being there we came home to make dinner and watch tv. Friday, I spent the day resting and cleaning house. Then once my mom got home, we went down to the plaza my brother works in for a doctors appointment I had, as well as to get my niece and nephew, as they were invited to Gabby's birthday party Saturday afternoon. Once we got back home we made chicken patties for dinner. Which was the first time mom and I have had them in 6+ years. And we enjoyed them so much, that we made seconds. While mom also made her strawberry shortcake, which her and the kids had about an hour later. Shortly after dessert, the niece was sent to bed, as she was getting on everybody's nerves. And my mom, nephew and I sat on my bed playing Mario Party 8 on the Wii for about an hour. Then they both crashed out on me, so by 1130pm I was the only one up and of course couldn't sleep.. Though the step counter app on my phone says otherwise.. So I made two 8x10 mother's day photo collages on Walgreens website, one for my cousin and one for my friend. Saturday, we all got up around 9-930am and went downstairs for breakfast. Then we all got dressed and headed out to run some errands.. Which included getting those photos, stopping by dollar tree to get frames and wrapping paper for them, as well as mothers day cards to go with them; and birthday cards from us, and the kids for Gabby. Plus going to the grocery store to get the Dairy Queen giftcard for Gabby that the kids wanted to get her as their gift. Then after wrapping up the photo for my cousin, and signing all the cards, in the car, we went over to the party. Nick and my other cousins two kids ran over to our car, and got the kids.. then they all ran over to the moon bounces, so mom and I gave my cousin her and Gabbys gifts. My cousin opened hers, and she loved it. Hung it right up on her hallway wall so everybody can see it when they walk in. Then she gave us each a vase of flowers, which I expected her to do, since she's done it every year since we've gotten close again.. so my mom went and sat those in the car. Then I ended up being like a third host of the party, as I was watching everybodys kids, making sure no one was getting hurt in the moon bounces, handing out the pizza and cupcakes, and taking a whole bunch of pictures. Plus I had two of Gabby's little friends coming up to me for help, a lot of the time. It was kinda cute. But also exhausting.. lol. Especially since the sun was also beating down on us, which ended up giving me a really good burn. Then once the party was basically over, and kids were just in and out of the moon bounces, I decided to go into one of them with one of my other cousins kids, as he was alone in it, and I was bored and haven't been in one in years. Then my niece joined us for a few minutes before Nick decided to join us too.. It was fun, but a little painful on my knees and lower legs. Plus I was wearing a dress, with no straps, or shorts underneath.. so I kept worrying about my dress falling down or going up, when bouncing lol. But yeah, Gabby loved her party, and all her gifts, especially ours which was the $25 giftcard we won at the music bingo last week, and the one the kids got her for DQ. And to our surprise, there was only one accident from the moon bounces, which was right before the party was over.. And the only drama there was, was my nephew giving an attitude because I wouldn't let him climb a tree or go into the woods with the older kids from the neighborhood, once he was over the party and the other kids were kicked out since they weren't even invited.. Like.. My "Aunt" even talked to us some more.. many times. Then three and a half hours later, we finally got back home. I gave the kids a snack, while ordering mom and I lunch from our local seafood place, for an early mother's day meal since she was working Sunday. Then we wrapped up the photo for the kids mom, and while we had the stuff out, we also wrapped my Grandmothers birthday and Christmas gifts. About an hour later, we finally went to meet the kids mom to get rid of them. And boy was that needed. Then we came home and watched tv, and made dinner. Sunday, It was a hard day, of course. But I slept / was in bed until about 130pm, then I got up and walked over to the stores in the rain. As I had to get some milk and bread for the house, as well as wanted to get apples to surprise mom with a apple pie when she got home. Plus it was the first time in days I had money and was by myself in order to escape and get mom a balloon, card, and a bunch of her favorite candies/snacks to put in a huge popcorn bowl for a gift basket. Which she loved coming home to. Then we tried out a new show on Netflix called "No Good Nick", which stars a favorite of ours - Melissa Joan Hart. And when my brother got home shortly after, he gave my mom a $25 giftcard to DQ, and me a bag of robin eggs that were the last his store had from the Easter candy . Then mom and I had to go back down to his jobs plaza to get results from Fridays appointment.. all is well. Then we came home to figure out dinner, as we both thought my brother would offer to take at least my mom out, like usual, but he didn't.. hmm. Anyways, since neither mom or I wanted to cook, we ended up going back out to get Wendy's, which only came to $13 thanks to coupons, and my brother surprisingly paid for. Once back home, we noticed that it was almost 9pm, so we just ate while watching more of the Netflix show. Then all of a sudden, we were finishing the show . So we started watching "Young and Hungry" again, on Netflix. Then we went to bed.
Wow! Thanks for the update. Glad you had so many good times since last Thursday. What a relief to have the car back, too!
Thanks. mostly did have a good time. but exhausting as well. SO happy we have it back! i made sure i went with my mom to get it. lol
@Courtlynn Fun times are usually exhausting! I can imagine how happy both you and your mother are to finally have the car back after all this time. Enjoy it and be safe!
@DianneN eh, sometimes. though i was mostly exhausted from the kids, acting up. and the heat Saturday. thanks.
@Bensen32 (2951)
Wow, that was a lot going on for the weekend. I did get stuck at the beginning when you mentioned Gabby. You were going to get her frozen sandals? Would it be good to wear frozen sandals? Am I missing something here?
Frozen is a Disney movie, so yes, we were going to get her sandals, and the store had frozen ones, just not in her size.
@Bensen32 (2951)
@Courtlynn oh well don't I look dumb, LOL. That make a lot more sense then frozen sandals that keep your feet cold, although on a hot summer day maybe that would be a good thing.
@Bensen32 LOL. It's okay. If I didn't know about the movie, i'd probably think the same.
@Tina30219 (41361)
• Onaway, Michigan
WOW what a busy week for you. I am dog sitting right now til Wednesday for my mom.
Aw, that's sweet of you, a nice late mothers day gift to her. Ps: Happy late mothers day.
@Tina30219 (41361)
• Onaway, Michigan
@Courtlynn Yeahthat is what she said also lol. Happy late mother’s day to you also.
@Tina30219 lol. thanks
Sounds like a busy but fun weekend.
not too fun, but some.
@CarolDM (25620)
A busy but happy weekend it seems. Glad you enjoyed!
eh, at least half happy, weekend. but that's better than not at all (: thank you.
@JustBhem (48993)
• Davao, Philippines
Looks like it was all spent weekend Courtyney. My weekend was the same thing.
• Rupert, Idaho
That's awesome that you got the car back finally! The weekend sounds like it was mostly good, which is great to hear! I enjoy reading your updates like this! And both of those shows are good (No Good Nick and Young & Hungry)!
about time right. only took over a month. It was half and half, thanks to the kids, and mothers day.. but not bad so thank you!
• Rupert, Idaho
@Courtlynn About time is right! That did take a while!! Well half and half is better than all bad....so that is good to hear
@MommyOfEli2013 yeah, hopefully we never have to go through that again! thanks.
What kid would say no to ice cream right When we go to McDonald's my son always gets a chicken patty plain with a piece of cheese added. That was so nice for you to get those photo gifts for your cousin and friend. For mothers day my sister had an air freshener made up with a photo of my sister and I on it as babies. How kind of her to give you a base of flowers. So thoughtful she does that every year. Making your mom the pie and those gifts is a great mother's day present. How long will it all her to eat all that. My mom would have it gone in a day I loved Melisa Joan Heart when I was young and she was in Clarissa Explains I All and Sabrina. What did you think about No Good Nick?
Actually, I know a few that don't care for ice cream, that much. Nick is one of them. He likes milkshakes though, but then again, he only basically drinks half of them when he has them. Mc.Donalds has chicken patties?? Or do you mean he gets a chicken sandwich? Which is kinda different, I thought. I've never heard of doing that with an air freshner before. that's kinda neat. She's only had two pieces of the pie so far, but has ate half of the Mounds, the box of juju fruits, and a thing of gum. but still has a lot left. I never cared for Clarissa Explains it all, but loved Sabrina. Plus her show Melissa and Joey with Joey Lawerence. It was alright, but not the best of her.
@Courtlynn oh man I could live off ice cream. Because I try to avoid sugar I hardly ever have it. Just thinking about it is making my mouth water. He gets a chicken sandwich but I thought it was the same thing as a chicken patty? I'm not a meat eater so many I'm wrong . I like Almond Joys better then Mounts. She probably can't eat them though I'm assuming? I don't recall a show called Melissa and Joey. I will have to look it up to see what it was about.
@shaggin I could too, especially the twist we get at our favorite parlor. I think you are, wrong.. because lots of places have chicken sandwiches but they aren't chicken patties. but I don't know for sure, lol my mom doesn't like the nuts in almond joys, for why she doesn't eat them. she could eat them though, if she did like nuts. we loved it, sad they didn't continue on the show.
@JESSY3236 (9280)
Happy Belated Mother's Day!! My mother and I watched two movies.
thank you! that is nice, what did you watch?
@JESSY3236 (9280)
@Courtlynn We watched Suspiria (the 1977 version) and Hotel Artemis.
@JESSY3236 oh, haven't heard of either.
You were busy, busy for a couple of days. That was a nice Mother's day present that you got your Mother.
thank you. it's something I've seen many times, so wanted to try it out.
@Courtlynn You are always so good to your mother.
@jstory07 thanks. I try. She deserves the world.
@bunnybon7 (40426)
• Holiday, Florida
well of course you was the main one watching the kids. you are so good with them and they so love you you are the best daughter ever too. Like mine even with no money she turns up with something special. like extra care or something she made. as far as your brother sounds like he did try to help out with gift card and candy eggs, yum.
Can't have mother's day without doing something for mom. Especially with all she's done. I wish I didn't care about everyone elses kids so much, cause then i'd be able to relax more when I go places instead of worrying about someone getting hurt or kidnapped. eh, I wouldn't go that far.. he could've done much better.
@bunnybon7 (40426)
• Holiday, Florida
@Courtlynn I guess he should have for mom's sake.
You had a busy four days. I'm glad Gabby enjoyed her party and I'm very happy you got the car back. Happy Mother's Day to both you and your mom.
I did.. so Monday was a much needed relaxing day. Thank you x3! Happy late mothers day.
@Courtlynn I'm glad it's been relaxing. Thank you.
@FayeHazel (27932)
Wow very eventful - make sure you rest up after all that
I did, Monday was a lazy day.. mostly.
@FayeHazel (27932)
@Courtlynn Ah good time to recover lol
Well my goodness, no wonder you are exhausted it has pretty much been non-stop.
for the most part, yes. plus the heat Saturday, when at the party. was so thankful for a relaxing Monday afterwards
I'm happy to hear that you got your car back.
thank you, Marie. I'm glad we have it and don't have to worry about a rental anymore.
I'm sure that you are relieved to have your own car back again. You had a busy few days. I love robin eggs too, they are my favorites.
Oh yes! Goodbye rental, hello our car! (: it's the only Easter candy I care for lol.