A super mood today because of my sleep!

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
I am in a wonderful mood today! why you may be asking yourself? As I may have told everybody for the longest while i was only able to sleep 15-30 minutes a night despite taking two Benadryl allergies pills my doctor recommended to make me sleepy. I finally slept Sunday night and last night i slept seven hours! I figured it out that Sunday night i didn't get to sleep until 9pm and slept the night through until 5 am. i was going to be at 4-5 pm before that night. So last night i stayed up until 7pm and slept with only getting up once at 9 pm when my cat decided to start licking my hair over and over and it woke me up. i went back to sleep until 2 am I don't remember the last time i slept that long when i wasn't in bed depressed! i feel super today and feel ready to tackle the day ahead of me! i am in the best mood i have been in for a long while even though it will be gray and dreary and cold like yesterday again today! Did you have a good sleep last night?
I had a pretty long sleep last night, not very good, but pretty long.
I know what those sleeps are like. Sometimes i have long sleeps when i am depressed and even though they are long, they are not refreshing. last night's sleep was refreshing even though Onnie woke me up licking my hair! now he is sound asleep on our bed and I am up!
@Marty1 He wanted to remind you that he loves you. I am glad you had a good sleep, it is so important.
@LadyDuck I am seeing how important it is as i feel so much better today than i have felt in a long time. I hope he is reminding me he loves me. at least it was a quiet way as he usually wakes me up by pushing the remote control off our bedside table then going onto our desk pushing more things off making a lot of noise in the middle of the night! That shows how he got his formal name KING Onyx Meow!
@whiteream (5341)
I have had trouble sleeping my whole life. But, last night I did get a good night's sleep too. It must be all this rain we are getting. It makes me sleepy.
i used to not have too much problem sleeping until the last two or three years. it has been the worst in the last year so i am surprised i was able to get so much sleep. i plan on going to sleep again at 7pm tonight and i forgot to add i didn't take my Benadryl last night! i think rain lulls one to sleep as it is so soothing sounding
@whiteream (5341)
@Marty1 Benadryl never helped for me it made things worse. Warm cup of chai tea did much more for me. The rain is very soothing to me. I hope going to bed at 7pm works out for you.
@whiteream I used to drink sleepy time tea before i was put on a new medicine last year and that was so disgusting and it didn't really help so i am glad i don't take it anymore, I am not a hot tea lover. I could drink and drink iced tea all day but when it is hot i hate it. I took Benadryl while it didn't make my sleeplessness worse, it just didn't work. I hope you get a good night's sleep tonight!
@Mulidi (1529)
• Cruz Bay, Virgin Islands (U.S.)
Yes I sleep like a baby
that is great! i slept like a baby the last two nights!
@Mulidi (1529)
• Cruz Bay, Virgin Islands (U.S.)
@Marty1 im sorry to hear that
@Mulidi i think it is getting better as i have two nights now with a good nights sleep
@Marty1 I hardly sleep good. Sometimes I do and it is great when I can.
That is super when you slept well! i had another good night and slept ten hours of sleep last night
@Marty1 I am envious.
@Hannihar don't be. who knows i may not sleep once tonight
When I have a good sleep, I feel better too..
do you ever have problems sleeping? I had so many problems sleeping for about a year or two
@Marty1 I used to.. but I used the reverse effect by drinking coffee and I could sleep better ever since..
@ihasaquestion i don't drink coffee but do drink iced tea but try to not drink it too late or i really don't sleep!
@LowRiderX (7936)
• Serbia
I slept well, but it looks insufficient, I'm not really great at all, I believe that because of the lack of sleep
i didn't sleep that well last night I slept from about midnight until 6:30am so not as much as researchers say i should have but better than nothing. i usually don't sleep at all one night then the next night i sleep great because i am so sleepy
@LowRiderX (7936)
• Serbia
@Marty1 I'm almost like you, so I understand about what you talking
@LowRiderX it is not the greatest way to be but i do get those nights when i sleep maybe two days in a row
@Sreekala (30262)
It was raining here yesterday night so we slept early as rain troubled tv and children had no enjoyment that time. It was 10.15 pm and while sleeping one of my friend called up. Usually all of us sleep after 11 pm that is why she called and she called for asking about an injured friend. Glad to know that you felt super on mood. Have a great day.
i hope your injured friend is okay. I hope you have a good sleep tonight and have a great day too!
@Sreekala (30262)
@Marty1 The injured friend is not well, her right shoulder hit somewhere on a fall with high BP. She is eight months pregnant that make things worse, can't take X-ray. Hope nothing will be there to worry and she will cure without any medicine.
@Sreekala I am so sorry about your friend. I will keep her in my good thoughts and prayers
I'm very happy for you. I sleep like a log every night.
thank you! I am very happy for you that you sleep like a log. Does Doodles ever wake you up when you are living with him? Onnie woke me last night and usually, i would be awake the rest of the night but last night i went back to sleep!!
@Marty1 Doodles only woke me up once when I overslept and my husband was already at the gym. He wanted to go out. lol
@DianneN That was sweet of him! if he didn't wake you who knows how long you would have slept! Onnie knows as much as he wants outside he isn't going as he was adopted as a companion cat so he is sticking indoors so he doesn't wake me up to go outside. he sometimes sits by the door staring at it like i will forget and open it and let him out lol
@Janet357 (14480)
I had a food night sleep yes, it’s a great feeling indeed.
glad you had a good sleep! my sleep was even better last night! I agree a good sleep feels great!
@Janet357 (14480)
@Marty1 i wish it would continue for you.
@Janet357 thank you!
Getting enough sleep really benefited you. So glad to learn that. Yes, I did get a good sleep last night.
Glad you had a good sleep! I had a great night's sleep! last night was an even better one as soon as i told Onnie good night i love him, i heard his feet from his jump off the windowsill and he came to our bed right away! usually, i go to bed alone and wake up with him on his side of the bed. He usually goes to bed on the couch after he eats his dinner and stays there awhile. how was Molly's sleep? How is Molly? Onnie is doing pretty good!
@Marty1 Molly is good. She sleeps well at night too. Glad Onnie is doing well too!
@Corbin5 Oh that is good news about Molly!
Yay, I am glad you slept well! I too had a very good night's sleep. It was cool in the room, no humidity, and I was warm under the covers.
That sounds like the perfect sleeping conditions! I needed my quilt last night has it has been so cold so my room was cool last night, too! I refuse to put the heater on higher than 70 in May. It has been freezing here lately!
@Marty1 I had the electric blanket on. Kitty was sleeping on the blanket too.
@snowy22315 That sounds nice. I don't have an electric blanket. Glad kitty was on it, too! my kitty is not one much for blankets, he will sleep on top of the quilt but i couldn't get him under them when we had that below zero weather so he was on top of the sheet last night as it was warmer than below zero.
@JESSY3236 (9280)
not really. Lily was meowing so I let her in my room and started wanting to play which was hard to go back to sleep. I closed my door again and went back to sleep. Still a little sleepy.
Oh no. My cat was licking my hair over and over last night. I love the sound of a meow but my cat mostly sleeps at night on our bed with me, Seldom does he bother me during sleeping time i hope you get a better night's sleep tonight and i hope Lily was okay as i worry when i first go to bed and hear a meow. i usually get up to see what is causing it. i don't hear it once i fall asleep.
@JESSY3236 (9280)
@Marty1 When cats lick your hair it means they are grooming you. I don't like it. I did let Lily do it once and she was hurting my head.
@JESSY3236 I let him do it while i was figuring out what was happening as he waits until i am sound asleep. it doesn't hurt but feels weird.
@mom210 (7409)
I am a rare person, when my head hits the pillow, I sleep until time to get up so most nights I get 7-8 hours. My husband is sooo jealous.
I am jealous too! my dad was the same as you, When i was leaving his room after i got out of school and could stay up later he would fall asleep while i was wishing him a good night. when i was on a lot of medicines i could do that but i got sick from all that medicine so can't take all of it anymore
@mom210 (7409)
@Marty1 my husband is opposite, we compare notes in the morning how many hours we got of sleep (the fitbit tells us) He gets somewhere between 1-4 hours & I get the 7-8 and we go to bed at the same time & get up at the same time. He just is very restless.
@mom210 i didn't know a Fitbit could tell you? I had ten hours last night then got another hour or so sitting on my chair in front of my computer from 5-6 am! i am glad you get so much sleep! I was getting 15-30 minutes before the last three days so i am thrilled!
I'm glad you finally got some good sleep. I hope it continues for you.
thank you! I slept from 7om last night until 5 am this morning! then i fell asleep in front of the computer from 5am-6am! so i feel really good today!
@Marty1 that is so good to hear. (:
@FayeHazel (27932)
Oh good! I'm happy you got a good night's sleep and I hope that continues for you
thank you! i feel super today!
@FayeHazel (27932)
@kepweng (23991)
i want to awake longer so i can talk longer here and of course the longer u stay here the more cents to bucks lol
I don't mind being on here longer but i was only getting a half hour of sleep which is unrealistic to survive well
@dya80dya (14794)
Yes. I slept 9 hours. Sleep is so important for our health.
that is great! i slept ten hours in bed last night and an hour or so this morning on my chair in front of my computer!
@debjani1 (5889)
No I don't slept well yesterday night. Happy for you that you fulfilled your sleep well.
hopefully, you will sleep well tonight
Yes, I did and I hope to have another good sleep tonight. I like it when I can fall asleep and have no confusing dreams.
That is great you had a good sleep! i had another good sleep last night, my third one in a row! i had 10 hours in bed and an hour on my chair in front of my computer from 5am-6am and slept from 7pm-5am last night. i didn;r dream last night bit did dream those other two nights of good sleep. i don't remember them, but do remember i dreamed because it was unusual for me to dream
I never go to bed before 10 pm or I would be up all night.
If i went to bed 10 pm or later i would be sleeping all the next day because last time i was in the hospital i was up all night so they gave me a higher dose of a new medicine to be taken at night. so i do get sleepy, I just wasn't able to sleep with that sleepiness before the last two days