Once In A Blue Moon

Good afternoon friends. I had an appointment this morning at the hospital. I had a scope while I was there. I got the good news that all is clear and that there are no new tumors. Those words are gold to me, and I felt so relieved when the doctor said that. So, I stopped at the grocery store on my way home. I thought that I would "celebrate" the good news with an unhealthy lunch. Every once in a blue moon I will get a hankering for a hotdog. Today I gave into that hankering, just to celebrate. I even bought a bag of potato chips-we never keep those in the house. We never keep hot dogs in the house either, hence the need to use a soft tortilla for a bun. What is your once in a blue moon favorite? ~Photo is my lunch
You deserve a treat!
Thanks, everybody considers a treat to be something else. Mine was hottie doggies and potato chips today. Now, I can go another few years before having any more.
@TheSojourner (21373)
First of all, glad to hear the good news!! Hugs. I'm having a bit of scanxiety right now. I need to make my appt for yearly CT scan. So, congrats!!! I don't generally eat hot dogs, unless nearly burnt on a grill once in awhile, and rarely eat chips. When I do either, I pay for it later because of ability to process too much fat in diet with my health issues. But unhealthy would be a smoked brat with a bowl of creamy mac'n'cheese!! LOL
Thank you. I am so relieved, there are hardly words for it. Its such a roller coaster of emotions, getting ready for the day of the appointment, driving there, waiting for your name to be called......and then after seeing the doctor, getting changed and waiting again, and then you hear your name called, and you walk down to the procedure room, and you wait while the doctor and the nurse prepare everything, all the while the butterflies in your stomach are growing to nearly the size of dinosaurs, and then finally you hear the doctor tell you that he can see that your bladder is very healthy looking, and finally a half a minute later he says that there are no new tumors. And then the emotional roller coaster ride is on the easy side, and you cannot stop saying thank you thank you thank you. And the tears are welled up in your eyes like a pool filled to the top after a rainfall. I wish you all of the luck you need to gain the strength to make your appointment, and then to get onto that roller coaster and hopefully have a good ride as I did.
@Juliaacv you have described it perfectly. Now add the stress of them having to start an IV on you and it takes them hours to do it, because they don't listen and you have veins that run very deep and roll. And then they blow the vein so you are bruise from the inside of your elbow to the inside of your wrist and then they decide they're going to start the IV in your foot.
@TheSojourner Oh that IS difficult, my husband's veins are like that.
@Gillygirl (26531)
• Sutton, England
That is brilliant news Julia. I know how this must be worrying. I have had three nodules on my lungs and all have disappeared.
Thanks, I feel so relieved its wonderful. I am going to make a nice supper to celebrate, only it won't be hot dogs.
@Gillygirl (26531)
• Sutton, England
@Juliaacv Lol, I have a fancy for hotdogs now I've seen your pic. Pizza for us tonight.
@Gillygirl We haven't had a good pizza since we moved up here 2 years ago. I took t-bone steaks out for supper tonight.
YIPPEE!!! that's such good news that you got from the doctor. I don't blame you for celebrating. I love hot dogs but don't eat them very often either. My once in a blue moon would probably be a stop at McDonalds or Burger King and indulge in a very unhealthy burger and fries.
Yes, thank you! While I lay there I look at the second hand on the clock. And I pray, and then the doctor said all clear and that my bladder loos pristine and very healthy. My hottie doggie was good, and so were the chips.
@Juliaacv I bet you've been flying high the whole rest of the day.
@Marilynda1225 Oh yeah, I was. Until about 3pm, and then the stress and lack of sleep got the better of me and I had to lie down for a few minutes, had a nice little nap.
Thank you for sharing this good news with us!! My blue-moon favorite would be ice cream. Any flavor works for me.
Thanks, I am so relieved. When I got there the staff told me that my case was urgent because I got in in just 2 months and the waiting period to see this doctor is 18 months. He is the very best doctor in the city and head of the department.
Mom and I are so relieved, and happy for you! You sure deserved the once in a blue moon celebratory treat! Pizza hut pizza and applebees steak and fries, as thats far from here and not often
Thanks. We had steak for supper tonight, not from applebees, I grilled it, and we both enjoyed it.
@Juliaacv very welcome! MM! I want some! I only have steak at home - broiled, and at applebees though. neither is often. cost too much.
@Courtlynn We are real home-bodies, both of us, so this quarter of beef that we bought is split up into 1 part roasts, 1 part ground beef and hamburgers and 1 part steaks. And its all pretty equal really, so we're loving having so much selection of steaks in the freezer.
@simone10 (28132)
My grandmother used to make a strawberry, pineapple and banana jello with cream cheese between layers. It is sooooo good! My brother makes it now almost as good as my grandmother's.
That really sounds delicious. I love desserts with a bit of jello and fruit in them, they are so light tasting.
@simone10 (28132)
@Juliaacv it is so good and it's a light dessert for summer.
My once in a blue moon favorite is lamb and I have some lamb patties in the freezer right now to cook. Al doesn't eat lamb.
I think that lamb is a love it or leave it food. I don't eat it either.
@Juliaacv I was raised on it, my mom made the best lamb.
yummy looking! My blue moon favorite is bacon which i was thinking of treating myself two weeks ago and decided not to until a nice lady told me where to get it on sale half the price it was at Wal Mart! so i bought two packages! it is so expensive when not on sale! glad to hear the good news from the doctor! hope you enjoyed the hot dog!
We love bacon around here and eat a pound of it per week. The good stuff isn't cheap, but we really like our bacon, so its worth it to us. Yeah, I got good news so celebrated with a hottie doggie and some chips.
@Juliaacv I do sometimes buy it even when the price is expensive, Since i learned how to safely make it in the oven with a refresher course i may buy it more often now. i will be making it again really soon. maybe for lunch today for a Bacon, tomato and cheese sandwich as i have no more lettuce this week
we also having a treat this week.Hot dogs.Very seldom have this.
I never ever eat them, nor does my husband. These are good ones, they are considerably lower in sodium then most are. I still boiled it to get out whatever salt was in them. And then spoiled that with having potato chips. What a wild woman I am today eating like that.
@Juliaacv it does us good and our morale on this.
@Hate2Iron (12754)
I'm so happy for you! You must obviously be doing something right... keep on doing it!!
Thank you. I was a ball of nerves. Had I received bad news, and I was alone, I would have been an awful mess. I credit the good results to quitting smoking all of those years ago.
@Elizaby (4882)
• Pensacola, Florida
Fired fish platter ith fish shrimp oysters, scallops, the tip crab claws, stuffed crab smf on the side oyster stew
You sound like a seafood lover.
This is great news
Thanks
@1creekgirl (15693)
First of all, that's such good news! You have reason to celebrate. I guess my "once in a blue moon" crave is a can of Vienna sausages in hot pepper vinegar with chips. It's so bad for anyone!
Thank you, it was an emotional day. I was surprised that I did not get heartburn from the hot dog that I ate, usually I do.
@mom210 (7407)
I do love a good hotdog from time to time or cheeseburger as well.
I like burgers too.
This is funny, I gave in to a hot dog last night with a bun and mustard.
I'm telling ya, its that J20T thing we got going.
@myklj999 (26971)
A couple of times a year I get this irresistible urge for some lasagna
I used to be like that to for lasagna. Its such work, and to go out and buy all of the ingredients for just once is a lot more costly then my $10 hottie dogs and bag potato chips were.
Glad you got good news.
Thanks TR, and thanks for the prayers, that means a lot to me.
Hot dogs like you. I bought them this month and for dinner, I had two with ketchup and mustard without bread.
I am not sure, I usually eat what I want to..I try to have some awareness of what I am shoving in my mouth at any given point in time though.