My Crazy Neighbor

@akalinus (26670)
On Mother's Day, my son took me to see some friends. We ended up shopping in the middle of the night. We both needed groceries. I was just sleeping well when someone was beating on the door and screaming my name. It was 7 am. I thought it must be a horrible emergency so I ran downstairs to talk to her. She told me that a metal thing was rusting on the side of my house. I was so mad. Why on earth did she wake me early to tell me that? Do you have crazy neighbors? What is the strangest thing your neighbor ever did?
@UncleJoe (13870)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
Oh, yes! I had a neighbor banging on my door at 3 AM one morning. Lucky for him that I was already up and practicing on my bagpipes.
@akalinus (26670)
He may not be crazy after all.
I would have said "Well it can keep rusting there for all I care!" and slammed the door. How rude!
@akalinus (26670)
That is what made me so steamed. It was totally unimportant. Something has to be done sometime but not early in the morning.
@akalinus She needs to understand that not everyone is awake at 7 am! The proper time to knock on a neighbor's door is sometime after 10 am.
@akalinus (26670)
@ScribbledAdNauseum We agree. Everyone here is older, mostly. Sometimes you sleep later. i would not dream of knocking on someone's door early in the morning unless it was a dire emergency.
@Nakitakona (1421)
Nope. Our neighbors don't do that unless it's an emergency. They're too considerate.
@akalinus (26670)
I'm wondering if she was up and did not know the time. If it is an emergency, I don't mind. I resent people doing that for silly reasons.
@akalinus You're right. Did she ask for an apology of disturbing you?
@akalinus (26670)
@Nakitakona No, she started asking if my husband is still alive. Well, no! Why are we having this conversation so early in the morning? Especially since I did not fall asleep until at least 3 am.
@noni1959 (5461)
Yikes. I had a neighbor who would be up at 5 am and think she could show up for coffee. I had to start ignoring her knocking when telling her no arrival before 8 am didn't work.
@akalinus (26670)
Apparently, she was another one who was up and thought everyone else should be too.
@noni1959 (5461)
@akalinus She wasn't listening to not come so early. I asked nicely and then had to ignore which was hard for me but had to be done.
@akalinus (26670)
@noni1959 That's terrible. Once a neighbor called at 7 am. She said to come over quick, it was an emergency. I ran over as fast as possible. She said she did not know what to do because the ocean was swallowing her house. I had to check all the walls to see if they were wet. We live at least 50 miles from the ocean. If there was something about it that affected us, there would be panic. I thought maybe a pipe was leaking but it wasn't.
@Shivram59 (10173)
@akalinus No,I don't have any crazy neighbour.We have a very peaceful neighbourhood.Of course,one or two persons are very talkative,but I don't think I can call them crazy.
@akalinus (26670)
Ah, that is nice. I love talking to people but not before I have a couple of doses of caffeine.
@Shivram59 (10173)
@akalinus I can understand.My neighbours,including those who are too talkative,are interesting people.The best thing about them is they don't create problems for others.We live peacefully and let others live peacefully.
@akalinus (26670)
@Shivram59 I don't mind talkative neighbors. I like to talk to people but they should wait until a reasonable time unless it is an emergency. Rust is not a crisis.
Now why did she have to do that at 7am? We had tenant neighbors - different ones every few months - which one would you like to hear about . Luckily no one knocked on our door at odd hours - but we've had ones that did other things at odd hours - we've even had to call the cops every now and then. The strangest one was this woman who said she was a recovering addict and had mental issues. She was great to mow the lawn - but like every other day - and dressed in what looked like a bra and thin g-string - oh and holed up boots . She'd also pace back and forth along their driveway - having screaming matches with herself !
@akalinus (26670)
Thanks for the laugh, first of the day. The big question is did she pay the rent. Maybe you should do a post about the strangest ones, no names or information you can identify them with.
@akalinus (26670)
@much2say Who needs TV when the neighbors are so interesting?
@akalinus Oh yah, but believe me there were times I wished I could change the channel .
We really don't have crazy neighbors, the man next door is obsessed with weeds in his driveway but we find his obsession entertaining lol
@akalinus (26670)
Well, at least he is as good as TV.
@akalinus He is, hubs gives me updates lol
@akalinus (26670)
@BelleStarr So your hubby is also entertained. That is funny. Tell the guy to pour vinegar and salt on the weeds. It might start a whole new chapter.
I would have been totally upset. I guess I lucked out. I've never had crazy neighbors.
@akalinus (26670)
Like I already said, it must be me. I seem to attract strange people. They just show up at the door. I could tell you stories. Maybe I should start a Youtube channel.
@akalinus I'm sure it would do well.
@akalinus (26670)
@just4him I do not talk well. I write much better. When I talk, it just comes out of my mouth with no chance to delete it or edit it.
We had a few crazy neighbors when we were first married and lived in apartments. Most of the time it was a husband and wife having very loud quarrels.
@akalinus (26670)
I don't like that kind of crazy. I have seen a lot of that. It can get scary.
@akalinus It can. I think my husband did call the police when we heard things getting out of control in the apartment across the hall.
@akalinus (26670)
@Corbin5 We called the cops when a woman was screaming for someone not to hurt her again. We did not know the people and I don't know how it turned out.
@Lolaze (3984)
• St. Louis, Missouri
Good lord. I would’ve went crazy on her for waking me up that early. Craziest thing a neighbor ever did was not cut their grass until it was close to 6ft high! That year we had a horrible flea problem and mouse infestation.
@akalinus (26670)
It is a wonder there weren't snakes living in there. Don't you have code enforcement where you live?
@Lolaze (3984)
• St. Louis, Missouri
@akalinus I’m my part of the county, it’s very hard to get codes enforced. However, the lady eventually lost the house because she managed to build up so many citations.
@akalinus (26670)
@Lolaze Where I am living now, the management mows the lawns and we pay for it in our rent.
@Mulidi (1529)
• Cruz Bay, Virgin Islands (U.S.)
Thank god i dontdon't have one and i'm sorry for that
@akalinus (26670)
Okay, maybe I am the only one. I don't know. I was hoping to hear some crazy neighbor stories.
@Mulidi (1529)
• Cruz Bay, Virgin Islands (U.S.)
@akalinus Ha ha ha you are alone
@akalinus (26670)
@Mulidi Everyone only has great neighbors? Maybe it is me. Could I be the crazy one?
@Nevena83 (23987)
• Serbia
Whaaatt???It's a really crazy neighbor. I'm not close with my neighbors, so they have no access to my house.
@Nevena83 (23987)
• Serbia
@akalinus That's for the best.
No, I do not have crazy neighbors. One of my neighbors is obsessed with orchids, he has a greenhouse full of those beautiful flowers and he spends every Sunday watering them and hanging them out to let the excessive water drain before putting them back in the greenhouse.
@akalinus (26670)
That is interesting. Did he ever give you an orchid?
@akalinus I would never ask or accept an orchid, he participates to orchid competitions, his orchids are very expensive.
@akalinus (26670)
@LadyDuck Wow, I just wondered. The guy next door to me likes to grow plants. He planted some ginger plants and ferns in my yard. It looks very nice. I really like the neighbors next door. He is married and the wife's daughter lives with them.
Threaten to shoot me in the face.
@akalinus (26670)
That's scary. I hope you don't live there anymore. I try not to get the neighbors mad at me but sometimes they are determined to be trouble.
@akalinus you know it and it could be in bad shape when they are done.
@akalinus I keep to myself to the best of my ability. I am not in any way looking for any trouble.
Geez, what a nut case! The guy who lives down the hill from me is nuts as well. He thinks he is the head of the neigborhood watch..and used to go around taking pictures of everybody's properties. He also said that the then President of the development tried to kill him by running him over with a golf cart! He caused all kinds of drama. He also used to let his dogs run to the road and harass people even though there is a leash law here. He's got a "pond" which looks more like a huge mud puddle. At least there is a lot of space, between the two of us.
@akalinus (26670)
It sounds like he has mental problems. I would worry when he thinks the neighbor is trying to run him over. He might decide to retaliate and that could get nasty.
@JESSY3236 (9280)
That's crazy. None of my neighbors would do that.
@akalinus (26670)
Most people would not do that. They have respect for other people and respect their privacy.
@nela13 (19739)
• Portugal
I would have been mad too, that wasn't that important to wake you up so early.
@akalinus (26670)
It was totally not important.
@GreatMartin (8534)
• Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
I am very lucky--I have 6 neighbors and never know they are even home unless I see them when I go out!!!
@akalinus (26670)
That is how it should be. I have had nice and helpful neighbors also. I don't want to make it look like they are all weird.