Shocking News: Shrinking Moon

Are you aware of the latest news about the moon which the NASA found it shocking? The National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) released a shocking news about the shrinking size of the moon recently. I was curious to know it and I found that there's an "earthquake" in the moon that caused the reduce of its size based on the observation of NASA. That's something for us to wonder. How's it possible? What has triggered it? Only science could explain it. What would happen if moon disappeared? Are we affected?
@UncleJoe (13870)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
Well, for one thing, we know that the moon controls the tides, but even worse, no moon would have a devastating affect on moonlight romancing.
You're right. Lovers don't bother it. Well, if moon controls the tide, there will be no more low and high then. Would it be possible?
@UncleJoe (13870)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
@Nakitakona Only God knows.
@UncleJoe We should be ready and prepare for any eventualities.
@Janet357 (14439)
This is a shocking news indeed. No, i dont worry at all. God Jehovah is the creator of all and He has control over everything He created.
It's good that you've a unwavering faith in God.
@Janet357 (14439)
@Nakitakona thank you, that should be our attitude.
@Janet357 So be it. Glad to know you, friend.
@Sreekala (30262)
There may be a 'moon quake' rather than earthquake- am I right?
Yap. I was confused then. It should be moonquake not earthquake.
@Sreekala (30262)
@Nakitakona haha just kidded dear.
@ptrikha_2 (14154)
@Nakitakona yes it would be a moonquake. You are also on FC, I think?
@cacay1 (36959)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
That would be worrisome to people in the planet.
For NASA that's shocking. For ordinary or laymen, nothing. For religion, that's God's warning, sign of the times.
@Nakitakona How do you know what God is doing and why?
@MALUSE As what the Bible tells.
Between shrinking and disappearing zillions of years will have to pass. I'm sure you don't have to be preoccupied with possible effects on your life.
Thanks. That's too long and we are already not in this world when it does happen.
@Nakitakona Indeedy.
@ptrikha_2 (14154)
Well celestial bodies do undergo changes over the ages. Forces of solar radiation, Tectonic shifts etc keep on influencing the bodies and the changes on moon are a part of such transformations.
This is heavy. You seem to be a good science resource person as far as the moon is concerned. Thanks.
@ptrikha_2 (14154)
@Nakitakona well I keep on reading things from time to time.
@psanasangma (1057)
My questions, what have been happening to our earth planet during earthquake in moon as moon is one of the earth's satellite
I am asking it too. How is it connected to the earthquake we have here? What triggers that quake in the moon?
@Babino (1285)
• Morocco
OMG !! that's pretty interesting, thank you for the information.
You're welcome.
@debjani1 (5889)
Is this really possible? I think the earth will be affected with the shrinking of the moon. Do you have any idea whether the earthquake occurs in the moon is the first time.
Oh my God, does that mean we will get lesser nights?
@aninditasen (1884)
• Raurkela, India
Surely we will be affected because the moon is the Earth's satellite around which is revolves and creates a number of climatic effect.