Arguments

Hi everyone! If there is one thing in life I do not enjoy, it is an argument. I don’t mind a good discussion, but avoid nasty people like the plague. Jealous people are at the top of my list. However, I am sad to say that I have witnessed a nasty, jealous, and mean crow. *This crow has chased Orville the osprey off his palm frond several times. *This crow has tried to take away Orville the osprey’s freshly caught fish. *This crow sits on Orville the osprey’s palm frond when Orville is not around. *This crow follows Orville the osprey wherever he flies. *This crow is very aggressive. *This crow caws at me when I talk to Orville the osprey. *This crow peeks in my window just as Orville does. I don’t know if this crow is friend or foe, but I do not care for him, just as I don’t care for certain people. ~Photo of a snowy egret and two crows in our backyard acting innocent~ See you soon. We are ready to leave for a bike ride.
@1hopefulman (41038)
This crow is not behaving like a good neighbour and has no manners!
Not at all. My poor Orville just takes it and doesn't defend himself.
@cacay1 (36577)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@1hopefulmanm, the crow might want to flirt to Orville, LOL.
@1hopefulman (41038)
@cacay1 That is a whole different take on the situation.
@shubhu3 (29694)
• New Delhi, India
I can understand this.
Do you see mean birds, too?
@cacay1 (36577)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
Animals are jealous too Dianne, in the morning I pet Bubi with my right hand and the other cat with my left, if I only pet one of the two they fight and I do not want to see them fight. They were so cute both in my kitchen this morning. I think they are becoming "more friend" This crow seems jealous
Yes, I know that animals can be jealous of each other, and I love how you handled Bubi and the other cat. Hopefully, they will be good friends and play together. No one wants to see an animal or even people fight. This crow is so nasty, and it breaks my heart to see poor Orville trying to protect himself. He hasn't fought back at all.
@cacay1 (36577)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@LadyDuck, we can sense the feeling of a jealous dog and cat through their eyes.If a dog is jealous it wants to sit on our lap, while a cat a blinking of the eyes. That was my observation to my pets when I had them in the pat years.
@ptrikha_2 (14092)
@LadyDuck oh the jealousy factor is so ingrained in animals as well!
Crows are pretty mean birds, they often steal from other birds, they are very smart to though.
Yes, I know they are very intelligent, but I didn't know how nasty, mean, and aggressive they could be. There is one who is just awful to poor Orville, but Orville hasn't fought back.
@cacay1 (36577)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@TRBRocks420 , so true, crows are wise too.
@DianneN he better fight back, but yeah they are mean I have even seen them take on Eagles.
@DianneN That is so so sad. I understand what you are saying.
I think so, too.
@DianneN I agree.
@louievill (21956)
I think what turns a discussion into a nasty argument most of the time is when they bring personal things like frustrations and what they are going through, yes jealousy is a terrible thing, I wonder why people just can't be happy when people are doing better, luckier or more intelligent and make them an inspiration, caw caw caw I'm not a crow Dianne
Caw, caw, caw back to you! I guess some people are as touchy as crows. I wish the crows and people, too, would be kinder to birds, animals, and people. We all need to be accepted for who we are. I've also had to clap my hands at that crow to protect Orville from him, but he does as he pleases. Not a nice bird at all.
@simone10 (28132)
Poor Orville! Does he try to stand up for himself?
Not at all! It's very discouraging for me to see that. I know he once killed a pelican for being in his territory. He must fear that big, bad crow.
@simone10 (28132)
@DianneN yes he must fear the big bully. Poor thing!
@simone10 He stood up for himself today! 4 of us watched the entire scenario.
@garymarsh6 (17282)
OH dear.What can one say!
Did you ever see a mean crow? This is my first time. Not a pretty sight.
@garymarsh6 (17282)
@DianneN Life is too short to worry about such things!
@garymarsh6 I worry about animals, birds, children, people, and many other things. I'm a born worrier and can't help myself.
@LowRiderX (7757)
• Serbia
Do not think about it, do not let something or someone upset you, enjoy cycling, the day is wonderful, sunny
Thanks so much! We had a nice long ride. It's so easy here, because there are no hills.
@LowRiderX (7757)
• Serbia
@DianneN It's true, ride a bicycle on the hill it's not really enjoyable
@LowRiderX No way! It hurts too much.
Crows just get into other birds' faces, don't they? We see them bickering in mid air with with hawks and jays (not sure if they are fighting or playing) - they're kinda like bullies. Sometimes they have a lot of nerve just trying to take over others' territories. Sorry to hear about the nasty folks - that really shouldn't be happening here.
I've learned so much about crows today. I knew that they have always been the most intelligent birds, but found out today how aggressive they are. You just firmed that up. I wish Orville would put him in his place instead of being scared off.
@DianneN My dad had built a fence cage in the corner of the backyard - but it was very sizable. And it was under our neighbor's trees that grew over to our side - I guess there were twigs and such that fell into the fencing - and well, that happened. It was sad, and I think I may have been less than 5 at the time. I hope that mean crow leaves Orville alone now. You are a good mommy .
I cannot stand noisy aggressive crows.
They are noisy, aggressive, but smart. I love Orville the best.
It sounds like there's a jealous crow who wants to usurp Orville's coveted position in your life. I hope Orville sets the crow straight.
The shocker for me is that Orville hasn't set that nasty crow straight. He runs away from the crow, which shocks me. I know Orville killed a pelican with one fell swoop for barging into his territory. What's with him???
@DianneN Seems a bit out of character if he killed one bird and lets the other live. Hmm. Makes me wonder about the mind of a bird.
@just4him Bird brains? LOL! O was here visiting us and singing on his palm. That crow flew like a lunatic to the next tree when he heard us gabbing with O. I stayed outside to see what would happen, but after a lots of shouting from that crow, he finally flew away. O stayed for a few minutes longer, then headed up the beach. At least he was not assaulted.
• Northampton, England
The heron at our local park spends its day trying to eat young swans
Oh, that's just terrible!!! Herons like fish much more.
• Northampton, England
@DianneN and they are so cute!
@GreatMartin (8522)
• Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
I didn't know there were so many nasty people in the world--and I was an activist from the age of 16 to the age of 75--until I came on the Internet!!! I will stay away from the crow's facebook page!!
. You are wise to do that and just plain smart!
@hostessman (10967)
• Tucson, Arizona
enjoy your bike ride, and maybe mr crow will go with you to keep you company
Orville used to keep us company.
@Mulidi (1418)
• Cruz Bay, Virgin Islands (U.S.)
I don't like argument either. Crowsare pretty
Orville is prettier and sweeter. The crow should leave him alone.
@Nevena83 (23590)
• Serbia
There are many evil and jealous people in the world. Sometimes I think animals are much better than humans.
It seems that animals can be the same way. This crow is a nasty bird.
@Nevena83 (23590)
• Serbia
@DianneN I do not like crows.They scare me.
@Nevena83 They are nasty and mean!
Well, that crow seems to be quite rude. I do hope he leaves and does his crow-antics elsewhere.
I wish he would go. He keeps looking in my window, but I won't wave to him as I used to do. He's a meanie!
@DianneN Crows love to pull the tails of other birds, dogs, kitty cats and more. How rude!
@Corbin5 That is rude! I hope they don't get near Molly!!!
How dare that crow steal fish from Orville! those crows have no manners! i hope the crow improves or you will have to threaten to tell his mother and have her discipline him! l he deserves to be grounded lol
As funny as it seems, it really is not a pretty sight to see. He chased Orville from his tree into the water! Orville can be pretty aggressive when he wants to be, but is just too kindhearted to make a big deal out of it.
@DianneN oh i didn't know it was that bad. Wonder why the crow did that? that is why i am happy to be a human and not have to worry about such behavior out in the wild. Orville is a sweetheart
@Marty1 The crow is very aggressive. He just this minute peeked at me from outside my window!!!
@cacay1 (36577)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
Maybe the crow wants friendship to Orville hehehe or just to do some fun.They understood each others' actions.
I don’t think Orville was too happy. Or perhaps you’re right!
@cacay1 (36577)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@DianneN , hehehehe, the crow is naughty.
@cacay1 Extremely naughty! Bad boy!