picture of low carb crustless taco pie made by me by myself for dinner tonight

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
i made my diner tonight by myself and it looks like it will be super tasting! it made the whole house smell delightful while baking! this is a taco as i had to make taco meat then whisk eggs, and cream, salsa, sea salt, green onions and a Mexican blend cheese. combine the meat and egg mixture and put in pie pan. i let it sit the five minutes now am going to eat it! what are you having for dinner today?
I am going to be seasoning some chicken and either cooking polenta that I got from Trader Joe's or a stuffed gnocchi that I got from trader joe's. Most likely the polenta though. The taco pie looks good, I'd have to have less cheese as I've explained before.
YOur dinner sounds good! How will you cook the chicken after seasoning it? I love gnocchi. I sometimes when i get to this one grocery store i sometimes go to, they once in awhile have a package of it for a dollar on the discount shelf that is so good The taco pie isn't supposed to put that much cheese on top of it. There is 3/4 cup in it, but that isn't noticeable when you bite into it. The top only should have has 1/4 cup cheese but i added a couple of handfuls on top of it. i just got done with it and it is super tasting!
@Marty1 I cut the chicken up and then season it then tos it in the frying pan. I'll let it sear for a bit then I'll add the polenta. It doesn't take too long. The most laborious process is just cleaning off the stove (my family puts a stack of mail on top of the stove for some odd reason) and cutting the chicken up.
@ScribbledAdNauseum better be careful to clean off stove before turning it on or it could start a fire. your chicken sounds good. I never tasted polenta does it have a taste or do you add something to it?
This taco pie looks great to me. I am making pepper steak with a whisky sauce for dinner.
@LadyDuck it does sound good! What do the two words in the recipe translate to?
@Marty1 "Flamande" means "Flemish" (related to people in Flandres, Belgium) carbonnade stew in their language.
@LadyDuck yum! one can't beat cheddar cheese in a recipe to make it taste great! speaking of heavy cream, do you know any recipes i can look up that use heavy cream? my taco pie used it and now i have almost a whole carton of it and no recipes for it? i hate to toss it in the garbage when it gets bad
• Rupert, Idaho
It looks great! Very nice work :) Sounds good minus the salsa and green onions :) I'll have to try this and just omit those ingredients! Hope you enjoyed :) I was bad and had a chicken patty with bread. Going back on plan next week though
thank you! I am not the biggest salsa fan just eating it with tortilla chips. but it was not too noticeable in the taco pie! It added an extra spicy flavor. The recipe didn't call for too much, just 1/4 cup of it. i remembered to get mild as last time i used it in a recipe i got the medium flavor and yikes it was spicy! I didn't know at the time it came in mild etc! I made sure i got mild this time! The green onions weren't that bad either, I never tasted them before this recipe bit was pleased with the taste! I think you need to add bread to your dinner once in awhile, you need a cheat day!
• Rupert, Idaho
@Marty1 Well I am someone who wouldn't even eat salsa with tortilla chips, lol. I don't really mind spice, but don't want bits of tomatoes and other vegetables in my food. That's good that you liked the green onions in it....never tried them myself but I just figure I won't like them lol. Oh yeah, I think a cheat day is fine....but I have been cheating this whole week!
@MommyOfEli2013 I don't eat salsa on tortilla chips either but have never tried that so i am going to try as i have a whole jar and only used 1/4 cup of it. I will try, who knows, it may be good, not that i am expecting that lol i don't mind cooked vegetables to an extent. some are gross tasting and some just sound or look disgusting and you can't make me try them lol i hope you do better on the number of cheat days this week!
It looks quite tasty. I had a big lunch so I just had a bowl of cereal for dinner.
it was quite tasty! it was spicy but not too much! sometimes when my sister takes me to lunch i just have a light dinner too. yesterday i was starving around dinner! tonight is spaghetti and meatballs, what are you having?
@Marty1 I am just going to have a lean cuisine type option. That isn't really the brand, but I don't remember what it is right now. I just checked it is Lean Cuisine,,,a Korean style beef barbecue.
@snowy22315 I have never tasted the Korea Style beef barbeque Lean Cuisine but wonder if it was good? I usually just have their macaroni and cheese ones and occasionally some kind of Italian ones. It has been so long i forget what ones they have?
@TheSojourner (21749)
From the ingredients, this sounds like a crustless Mexican quiche! This looks and sounds absolutely delicious! I am so proud of you!
Yes! that is what the blog where I got it from that was on Pinterest said it was! it was so yummy! thank you for being proud of me, that makes me feel good coming from a great cook like you!
@Marty1 I am not so sure I deserve your "great cook" accolades. I'm adequate. I'm creative. Many people wouldn't eat what I serve if they knew what I put in things. LOL
@TheSojourner Oh no! Maybe if you invited me to dinner i wouldn 't accept the invitation lol
It looks great. I am having salmon.
that sounds yummy! what is for tonight? i am having spaghetti and meatballs
@Marty1 tonight is steak
@NJChicaa what kind of steak did you have? I have not attempted to make steak yet.
@IvySaysHi (4435)
That taco pie looks so delicious! We will be having rice, chicken, and a veggie.
Thank you! What way will you cook the chicken? i never made rice but want to someday in the future. i don't plan meals as you and so many others do with sides. i wany to start but am having a problem with doing that.
@IvySaysHi (4435)
@Marty1 I just started doing that, it takes time to get used to it. I might pan fry it or bake it not sure yet
@IvySaysHi oh i am new to cooking so that may be why I also have only made chicken once a Parmesan Dijon recipe that baked in the oven. for the first time, it was not bad
Hope it was delicious. I had chicken parm and ziti
yes, it was delicious! better than I expected! was your chicken parm and ziti good? i decided when i read you had that to make spaghetti and meatballs tonight! i use whatever noodles i have. Any noodles except spaghetti which i detest! too hard to eat!
@Marty1 im glad to hear that. Yes, it was very good, like always. I may be having spaghetti and meatballs tonight. I only eat ziti from the place I get the chicken parm, otherwise I eat angel hair spaghetti. unless having mac n cheese, or lasagna obviously.
@Courtlynn did you eat the ziti out someplace? or did you make it at home?
@Tina30219 (41361)
• Onaway, Michigan
Looks yummy I had a frozen pizza
i have to get some pizza as i have been wanting pizza lately! was your pizza good? what kind of toppings did you have? i am not sure if i will buy frozen or get a crust and add sauce and toppings
@Tina30219 (41361)
• Onaway, Michigan
@Marty1 It was a Jack’s frozen pizza it was ok not one of the best ones
@Tina30219 i am sorry. Hopefully, the next one will be better, Have you ever had that brand or was that the first one? I never heard of Jack's.
@Porcospino (24505)
• Denmark
It looks great and the description also sounds delicious. We had pasta for dinner and pancakes for dessert.
thank you! It did taste great! I think i am having spaghetti and meatballs for dinner tonight! i never had pancakes for dessert. i usually have them for breakfast.
@Porcospino (24505)
• Denmark
@Marty1 Spaghetti and meatballs sound nice. We eat pancakes for dessert sometimes. We eat them with ice cream and syrup or only with syrup.
@Porcospino The spaghetti and meatballs was good! what kind of syrup do you use? something like chocolate to make them more like dessert or maple syrup which, to me at least, seems like a breakfast syrup? I never thought of eating pancakes with ice cream, that sounds yummy!
That looks great! So like a taco frittata? I should do that with the itty bitty taco salad leftovers we often have.
yes, a taco frittata sounds about right! i think you should try it with your leftovers as i already ate it and it was scrumptious!
@Marty1 I can't tell you how many times the leftovers just went bad . . . there wasn't enough to make a salad, yet I'd always think I could do something with it. Well now I just have to toss it all with some eggs and voila!
@much2say good idea instead of it going to waste! there is more than eggs though i. the recipe included heavy cream, green onions, salsa, sea salt and Mexican blend cheese i would think if you are experienced in cooking you could just add eggs. i am still very new to cooking so i follow recipes very closely. hope it turns out yummy for you if you make it!
• Defuniak Springs, Florida
I'll probably pick something up on my way home from work. Dunno what yet.
hope it is something good! i tasted my dinner after i posted this and it was so good. i had to let it sit for five minutes after taking it out of the oven before eating but it never said why?
• Defuniak Springs, Florida
@Marty1 either to firm up or cool off, or both.
@thislittlepennyearns i think it was to firm it up. it turned out perfect and tasted delicious.
That looks so professionally made and delicious, too! Did you add ground beef, also? I simply have to make that!!!!!! We are having burgers made from my husband's friend's company. They have been making the beef patties at least, for years and years. We have to try them for our very first time.
Those burgers sound good! if they have been making then years and years they must be yummy! Yes i added ground beef! it was excellent tasting!
@kepweng (23991)
i need to follow your recipe im looking for new foodv to cook
it sure is delicious and i am sure you will like it
@Janet357 (14480)
I love taco. Well not yet dinner. Lunch yes. I have chicken fried in garlic and oyster sauce and hot sauce.
yes i love taco too! that is why i chose this recipe! your chicken sounds good!
I'm not sure yet right now I am just having a mocha.
is a mocha a coffee? when i wrote this it was still early your time to think of dinner and i have dinner by 3 pm my time! what did you end up having last night?
quiche is what we are having
we had something similar! Mine was like a quiche but with meat! was your quiche good? mine was great! what did you have in yours?
I am having mac and cheese.
mac and cheese is one of my favorite meals! i think i have to look up another homemade recipe as i only have one box left. I made it homemade once and it was superb! i just want to try a different recipe this time!
@Mulidi (1529)
• Cruz Bay, Virgin Islands (U.S.)
Yummy yummy to day I'm lazy to cook I will have bread and coffee
there are days when I am like you and don' feel like cooking either. those days i will have a sandwich,, canned pasta or something like that
@garymarsh6 (17280)
Sounds a little like a Spanish type omeletter without the bread ! Fascinating and I bet quite tasty!
your description is a lot better than the one on the recipe that says it is like a quiche without the crust. it really was tasty! I admit i added a lot of extra cheese on top. it said 1/4 cup of cheese and i added a couple of handfuls as i love cheese.