TFIP: Still going well, but had to throw something else out

I am happy to say that I am whittling down the inventory list. I am grateful for what I do have, and am beginning to be "okay" with leftovers, though not my favorites. I think that if I start to cook differently (more simply) from the beginning, then it will be easier to make "plan overs" and it will not be like eating the same thing all the time. I did have to throw something else away today. I had an unopened bag of flaxseed meal. When I opened it, it was clear to me that the oils had turned a bit rancid. I threw it out. So, in nearly three weeks, I have only thrown away this flax meal and an English cucumber. This is a BIG success. Photo credit: Pixabay
I threw out a bag of nut flour because it got buggy. I have some baby organic greens that have gone to slime at the bottom. I think that is about all I have had to discard lately.
Maybe those at the top (not slimy) can be thrown into broth and turned into soup.
@Ronrybs (8928)
• London, England
I put flax seed in my oatmeal, for the omega 3!
I was going to do that, but when I smelled that it was a bit rancid, I knew I could not keep it.
Way to go! I have some flax seed in the cupboard too. I should check it.
Yay! you are doing awesome. I am learning this year also to stop buying.
@wolfgirl569 (15730)
• Marion, Ohio
You are doing great. 2 Things thrown away is not bad.
Keep chipping away to getting it down to a system.
• Sonora, California
Awesome job!
Very well done, indeed!!
Throwing out only 2 things in a month - I'll say that's really good! I threw way more than that out the other day when I was cleaning out the pantry - but it's cleaned out now so the goal is to never get to that point again.
Great job!
@LindaOHio (3926)
Good going!!!!!
do ya not keep yer flaxseed meal'n the fridge? i either put my delicate flours'n the fridge 'r e'en the freezer. they jest're too spendy to waste. i 'gree, startin' off with simplicity gives ya the opportunity to get really creative later.
@Spontaneo (3415)
Awesome!
@responsiveme (23322)
I finally got onto mylot on my desk top but could not find the post you asked us to suggest a recipe from the inventory.if you can tell me what you have left i'll have a try. your project is going well.
• Rupert, Idaho
That's good to hear that you have only thrown that much out....and done well with using the rest!
@cacay1 (37062)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
That's great work throwing your flax meal. Molds nay appear sooner or later.