Home Sweet Home

@CarolDM (25209)
Just returned home from my errands. Got rained on early but then it stopped. Now overcast skies. It was a good day, not too busy. Always good to get back to home sweet home. Stopped at the small home-made food buffet I always talk about for $5.00. Pulled bbq pork, sweet potatoes, cole slaw, green beans, mashed potatoes & gravy, homemade roll. Peach cobbler and ice cream for dessert. Snapped a photo of some of the decorations while eating. These little berries in the photo were part of a huge flower arrangement. Looked very nice. Yes, all for $5.00 and they had much more to choose from. I used the small plate and bowl to make sure I got smaller portions. It is easy to overeat at a buffet. It has been months since I visited this buffet. It makes it even better when you don't go often it seems. How has you day been? Do you enjoy eating out?
That all sounds very delicious. Kudos to you for choosing the smaller bowl. I do enjoy eating out. There is a restaurant we go to every Tuesday and Friday. This restaurant allows you three sides with an already big portion of food. Needless to say I do not usually eat much before going to the restaurant on those days. On Tuesdays I get the popcorn shrimp, chicken plate which comes with cole slaw, a tomato and hush puppies. It also comes with that green thing that comes on most plates and which I can't recall the name of. That's not all though, the dish comes with two sides. I usually get double cole slaw and a mac and cheese. I think I am going to have to change that though as I can never quite eat it all. On Fridays I get Chicken Souvlaki with a baked potato (considered one vegetable) and double spinach. Did I mention both of these meals comes with a bread? Yeah, you feel like you are eating at a buffet when you go to this restaurant, so much food.
@CarolDM (25209)
Yes it was nice and I enjoyed being out. I always get the smaller dishes as I never eat much. I get small portions even at home. The shrimp plate sounds divine. I love seafood. This place is all homemade food, everything, even the rolls. Good to have these places around.
@CarolDM I do love the homemade places as well. Sometimes they don't stick around. I have been to one that I wasn't really impressed with. I got a spaghetti plate and they didn't put nearly enough sauce. The sauce was also cooked separately from the meat.
@CarolDM (25209)
@ScribbledAdNauseum I know, this one have been there for many years.
I eat out at times.I do not care for Buffet.Most people do.Do I enjoy depends where I am at.lol
@CarolDM (25209)
I usually don't either but this is a small home cooked food buffet. Delicious food. I don't care for the big buffets.
@CarolDM It has been awhile for me.
@CarolDM (25209)
@amadeo You should treat yourself.... Have a good one!
@CarolDM Wow, that is really cool all that food. Only on certain occasions do I like to go to certain places outside the home but most places like to bring the food home to eat.
@CarolDM (25209)
I know, I love visiting that place to eat. I do not go often.
@CarolDM That is great that you have the choice to visit the place when you want to.
I love the berries in your photo! Very eye-catching. I do enjoy eating out and have had a very nice day. So glad you did, too!
@CarolDM (25209)
It was a lovely arrangement and the berries did get my attention. Glad to hear.
@ShifaLk (10259)
Nice. I don't like to eat much but my brother is so foody, he loves to eat out.
@CarolDM (25209)
Thank you! I don't eat out often.
@ShifaLk (10259)
@CarolDM okay. That's actually good.
I have no place to eat that cheap for all you put on your small plate.
@CarolDM (25209)
I love this place. And they stay busy.
@CarolDM it's been popping for many years now. I know that for sure.
• Wheat Ridge, Colorado
My goodness what a blessing that buffet is all that for $5. And delicious too I bet. A lovely set of decorations there. Day has been okay but busy thanks Carol.
@CarolDM (25209)
Yes it is all homemade food. Great lunch!
@LindaOHio (3736)
$5.00? Wow! Yes, I enjoy it once and a while.
@CarolDM (25209)
Yes, I visit when I am close. And have talked about it before, always enjoy the home cooked food.
Cute decorations..I went to O'Charleys. Friend wanted to eat out last night, but I wanted to save my calories for today!
@CarolDM (25209)
Free pie day right!
@Ronrybs (8933)
• London, England
Enjoy a good meal, but over here it seems a lot of the time it is fried food, with chips (or french fries, if you prefer) on just about every choice
@Teekaaa (7262)
Yes, correct.nothing comes like our home. No, I don't prefer to eat outside much. Once in a while I prefer, not often.
@Janet357 (13954)
Aww thats a nice buffet. You were able to buy a lot from 5usd.
@debjani1 (5891)
I like buffet at the restaurant only. I ate once in a restaurant at a buffet and really enjoyed it.
• Rupert, Idaho
Sounds like a great deal to get the buffet for $5! Sounds like some good choices as well!
@wolfgirl569 (15477)
• Marion, Ohio
I love eating out.
I have never been a fan of dining out.
That is a really great price. I pay that for a coffee and a tea biscuit when I go thru the drive thru in the mornings.
I like the idea of using stuff other than flowers in a flower arrangement.
• Sonora, California
That sounds really good, and $5.00 is really reasonable!
Now, that is a lot of food for so little. We used to have an Old Country Buffet here, but no longer. I did like the variety of foods from which to choose at that restaurant.