Is there something in your life that has motivated you?

When I lost the weight I lost I decided to get a new wardrobe and get some outfits that show off how I look now because I am very proud of myself for that. It has been a long time since I felt good about how my weight is.
Good morning.My life is all set
@amadeo I am glad you life is all set.
@Hannihar Unless the second one wating for me.lol
@amadeo How is your life all set?
@porwest (14298)
For me it has always been the fear of being poor. I have spent my entire life saving and saving and saving and investing to do whatever I can to avoid that. I have a DEEP fear of being poor. Incidentally, as a result, I have been able to amass a good amount of wealth and live quite well. But no matter how much is in the bank, I am still TERRIFIED I will be poor.
@porwest I understand that completely Jim. I have been poor and it is no fun. Now, we are not rich but I try to make sure we are ok. Jim, that makes a lot of sense. Now, I understand things you have in posts.
@porwest (14298)
@Hannihar What drives me more crazy than anything is that I know for a fact that people, no matter what their circumstances are, do not NEED to be poor. There are ways to find money, save money, and invest money. You just have to know where to find it. That applies to mostly 1st world countries though. People, say, living in India may have a much tougher time because opportunities are not as great.
@porwest Thanks for all that Jim.
I ordered some thing to put on after my shower. It's so cute and I loved how it looks on me. it makes me want to go down another size so I am working on eating less and moving more.
@sharon6345 That is great and I am here for you and supportive of you.
@Hannihar Thank you it means a lot to me.
@sharon6345 You are very welcome.
That was a wonderful achievement regarding your weight loss.
@Corbin5 Thanks so much Deborah. I am so proud of myself.
Earning money!
@JohnRoberts ok then John.
@ShifaLk (10640)
Wow. Great. How much you lost and how?
@ShifaLk I do not have a scale to tell and how to explain I will try. Every summer I find myself not really hungry and want to eat and so lose weight but something else happened. It carried into winter and I was so surprised because in winter I used to want to eat but that winter I did not. It carried into summer again and this winter it may have been hard but I kept it up. I know I do not want to be fat again. I feel so much lighter. I do not eat in between meals and cut out snacks and eat chocolate spread and chocolate type ice cream and eat so much less in desserts.
@ShifaLk (10640)
@Hannihar wow. That's difficult for sure. Your hard work has paid. I'll also try not to eat anything else except meals only.
@ShifaLk You have to do what is your way.
@nela13 (19727)
• Portugal
I am happy for you, I am sure you look great
@nela13 I did not think anything about it till I walked into my clothes shop and my friend that owns the store was so excited for that he told me you look like half of me. My doctor did not say anything because he always wanted me to lose weight and when I did he did not say so i brought it up and he apologized for not saying and said yes he sees it. I never want to be that fat person again so I have to work very hard at not eating a lot. I only eat two meals a day and do not eat inbetween anymore and really am not hungry. Can look at food and not really want it.
@nela13 (19727)
• Portugal
@Hannihar that is great but you only accomplished that because you are mentally strong.
@nela13 I have been on and off all my life losing and gaining weight. I found Overeater's Anonymous here and learned that I have to give up things and not diet. I think what really happened this time was that since it starts in summer and then it continued into winter that is what did it. Usually in winter I want to eat. Now, I can look at food and not want to eat. I can fast easily when have to fast. Now, I learned not to eat in between and just drink. I eat only two meals a day and after I take all my medication I cannot eat. It just happened and I knew I had to lose weight so maybe that helped too.
@mayka123 (12816)
I too wish to loose a little bit of weight to wear all the good clothes that are lying in my wardrobe. But having a job that makes me sit for eight hours a day is making me put on a lot of weight. Need some more motivation to exercise now.
@mayka123 That is hard. It took me a very very long time to get back down there again but hope this is it and will not not gain it back again. I learned to not eat in between meals and just drink and exercise 3 times a day. It just happened for me and I bet it will happen for you too.
@mayka123 (12816)
@Hannihar I have luckily never had the habit of eating inbetween meals. But I need to work on the exercise bit and also need to increase my intake of water.
@mayka123 I did have problems and now I do not.
@dgobucks226 (17204)
I was motivated to learn the sport of tennis. After working at a tennis facility and getting lessons from the pro I wanted to teach tennis too. I studied and worked hard and eventually became a tennis coach for a college.
@dgobucks226 That is so great DB. I suck at tennis and never could get it.
@dgobucks226 (17204)
@Hannihar Well, we all have our special talents Hanni
@dgobucks226 I am still trying to figure out mine.
@Nakitakona (1373)
That's good. The best solution in losing weight is discipline
@Nakitakona I would say that and will power too.
@Hannihar Yap, a determination to do it.
@Nakitakona You are right.
• Agra, India
I really want to lose weight like I did a few years back
@amitkokiladitya You have to be in the right frame of mind to do it and ready to give up things and never have them again.
• Agra, India
@Hannihar yes...it needs a very strong willpower to do so
@amitkokiladitya Thank you.
Many things motivate me. People are an inspiration to me and help me keep going with my pursuits, particularly writing. Seeing how much I've lost in the mirror, is the motivation I need to keep going with my diet and food plan. There are days I want to give up, then something happens and I'm motivated again to keep going both at my writing and at my weight loss.
@just4him That is great that you think you lose will power and then get it back.
@Hannihar Thank you. A person needs motivation in life for the things they enjoy.
@just4him So so true.
@Thewings (4130)
Someone told me that you couldn't do anything this thing made me very motivate
@Thewings People can be very cruel. I am glad you did not listen to them.
@Thewings (4130)
@Hannihar thanks because I want to that guy prove wrong and I did it
@Thewings Was it someone that comes here said that? If they want to make big bucks and they have not then they should know that every little bit helps.
• Caracas, Venezuela
I applaud you for that. Way to go. There's nothing better than feeling great with oneself!
@jvicentevalera Thank you so much. I am very proud of me.
• Caracas, Venezuela
@Hannihar I am happy to read this!
@jvicentevalera Thanks so so much.
• Wheat Ridge, Colorado
Wow that is awesome Hanni. I wish to lose at least 20. I am proud of you too.
@TiarasOceanView Thanks and thanks for being proud of me. That means a lot.
• Wheat Ridge, Colorado
@Hannihar Welcome. You know for motivation I do not know what does that for me except faith. But I have to push myself to go outside and walk.
@TiarasOceanView Faith helps a lot and when you are ready you will know it is time to go outside and walk. I believe you cannot push yourself.
Not only do you look good, but you are also healthier .
@much2say Thank you but I am not healthy. I have a health issue to deal with but also have shoulders that are worthless and rhinitis that I suffer from badly in the winter.
@Hannihar Well, surely losing weight has helped to become healthier overall . . . did it ease some of those health issues a bit?
@much2say No, it did not. I still have them.
@Janet357 (14439)
Wow, thats nice! Losing weight is never easy.
@Janet357 Thank you and it is not easy but feels so much lighter and great.
@Janet357 (14439)
@Hannihar Yes. And you can wear your desired clothes
@Janet357 Thanks and I love them and love wear them.
@Aansh13 (1689)
I keep myself motivating every now and then, motivation is very important. As far as clothing, I have lost weight in last 8 months, so my clothes have loosened....
@Aansh13 Congrats to you. Don't you feel lighter now?
@Aansh13 (1689)
@Hannihar Yeah!!! I do
@sugartoes (47559)
• Greencastle, Indiana
I am motivated every time I get out of bed thanking the good lord for another day & thank him for all the blessings he has gave me over the yrs to be alive.
@sugartoes Thank you so much littletiger and that is very good.
@sugartoes (47559)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@Hannihar that's the way I motivate my live everyday.
@sugartoes ok and thanks.
@Hate2Iron (12782)
That actually is a really good question. Off the top of my head I can't think of a thing... but I will be thinking about it for the rest of the day... Oh wait... my mom motivated me to be more careful of how much sugar I consume. I saw what not paying attention can do! So, my Sugar Days are thanks to my mom! I'm on my 4th month!
@Hate2Iron I am glad you liked my question. That is really good how your mother motivated you about using a lot of sugar.