The Countdown Is Here

@wolfgirl569 (15293)
Marion, Ohio
I walked around telling several of my chickens that tonight and tomorrow morning will be the last days I feed them Tomorrow afternoon we will be loading them up and dropping them at the auction. Then Saturday they will be sold. The only one I will miss is the male duck that just hangs around of the neighbors. It will be different not having to push that goof out of my way. But is something dont kill him I will once the garden is planted. I know he would be getting in it then. It is 65 F at just a little bit past 10 this morning. I never checked when I first got up. The sun is now out and looking very pretty. I plan on finishing the cover to the cat pen today. Bright Eyes is already not using the litter box again and she has only been back in the house a few days. I will also finish getting the transport cage fixed to haul the chickens in. I hope to have time to go brush our old black mare out also. She is not getting rid of her winter hair easy. That happens when they get older. Time to get off here so I can do my phone apps and then get to work. Hope everyone has a great day.
@Janet357 (13678)
Thats why i dont like raising chickens because i dont want to sell or kill them. I love farming but perhaps i will just raise a couple of chickens for eggs alone
@wolfgirl569 (15293)
• Marion, Ohio
Many places you can buy just pullet chicks.
It's good you give the chickens fair warning about the auction. Do you mean the male duck won't be around anymore when the chickens are gone? It was 52 when I went to the pool this morning. We're getting up to 74 today. I hope you get everything accomplished.
@wolfgirl569 (15293)
• Marion, Ohio
He is going to the auction too. He wont let my other males eat if I put him in any of the coops. Running loose I am surprised something hasnt killed him yet.
@wolfgirl569 I thought you said the duck belonged to a neighbor.
@wolfgirl569 (15293)
• Marion, Ohio
@just4him It has lived in my carport for 2 months now. They wont pen them up and it wont leave any other way.
• Caracas, Venezuela
I am sad for the chickens :(
@wolfgirl569 (15293)
• Marion, Ohio
You can only keep so many roosters.
• Caracas, Venezuela
@wolfgirl569 Oh I see.
@debjani1 (5891)
Seems you are very busy with your auction day. All the best.
@wolfgirl569 (15293)
• Marion, Ohio
It is almost here.
@debjani1 (5891)
@wolfgirl569 thats good.
@CarolDM (24853)
Uh oh, their last days are coming. Have a great day with your critters.
@wolfgirl569 (15293)
• Marion, Ohio
Being roosters most will sell for that.
Fried chicken! Have a wonderful day out with the animals.
@wolfgirl569 (15293)
• Marion, Ohio
Because of scheduling they have a chance I couldnt get them butchered earlier so auction.
Time to reap the bounty of the chicken harvest.
@wolfgirl569 (15293)
• Marion, Ohio
Yes it is.
Have a good day at the auction and enjoy the sunshine!
@wolfgirl569 (15293)
• Marion, Ohio
The auction is Saturday for the birds. But you never know what I will drag home new.
@LindaOHio (3582)
Another busy day for you. Wish I could take the duck! We used to have two mallards.
@wolfgirl569 (15293)
• Marion, Ohio
He is a sweetheart really. But I cant put him in any of the coops because he wont let the other drakes eat. He is a big muscovy. Hoping he will at least get a home not go for meat.