Home made tomato sauce and meatballs.

when was the last time you made tomato sauce. For me been years.Why is that.Simple. My bud taste has change over the years. The tomato sauce I made today.Simple . But I cannot add anything to it for my bud taste is way off. Mike will be home soon and added anything to it that is needed. Can of Tomato and paste Garlic, little salt and pepper with som red flakes. Mike will check it out to see what needed to be added I made my meatballs yesterday and checked out. With this is Rigatoni my favorite pasta and so Italian like the God fathers.lol that will be our dinner tonight.
• Wheat Ridge, Colorado
Oh I make it often. My Sicilian Nana taught me.
@TiarasOceanView did your parents come from there/
• Wheat Ridge, Colorado
@amadeo My Father and his parents yes.
@TiarasOceanView He met your mother in the state when over?
I leave the sauce to my mother!
@JohnRobertsDoes she has a special recipe making this?
@amadeo I don't know. She just makes it.
@JohnRoberts Thank you John
I make a simple sauce frequently (at least once or twice a week). Lately I've been making it in the crockpot and it saves a lot of stirring.
@Marilynda1225 I see.Ast I mentioned before Mike hates crock pot.Not sure why.llol
@amadeo not everyone likes the crockpot which is fine. Your sauce looks good and I'm sure it's delicious
I make home made tomato sauce when the tomatoes get ripe.
@andriaperry so do we and that is the best.
• Algeria
yessss
@Janet357 (13678)
I have not tried making a tomato sauce.
@Janet357 never?do you eat pasta or buy ready made sauce
Ohhhh . . . we are having spaghetti tonight! I use 2 cans of whole tomatoes, tomato paste, ground beef, sweet Italian sausage - and a bunch of vegetables (carrots, celery, onion, garlic . . . zucchini, mushrooms . . . spinach and/or kale if we have it) - oh and the herbs of course.
@much2say sounds great here.
Much2 say I'm coming to your house for dinner!
@TheSojourner I have to make the sauce in a stock pot so I don't have to worry about it all overflowing . . . so there's lots of it! Come on by !
You and Mike will have a great-tasting dinner tonight!
@Corbin5 I hope so will see.
• Algeria
you they will
@Bensen32 (2672)
Sounds pretty good, it's been about a month since I made sauce, I like to make it but sometimes I just get a jar of premade.
@Bensen32 yes some of the pre made are sweet.I always check out the sugar content.
@Bensen32 (2672)
@amadeo you're not wrong there. I think Prego Traditional is pretty good. Also Aldi carries a brand named Reggano and the flavor is "Tomato, Basil and Garlic", I have tried that before it was not to bad either. Nothing like making your own though.
@Bensen32 I wish all of you would stop talking about Aldi's! We don't have that store here!
@simone10 (27939)
My brother is the one who does the cooking. I do the tasting and I let him know if something is missing.
@simone10 I have to ask Mike to taste it as my taste bud not very good.Do not want to overdo it on the spices.
@ShifaLk (9946)
A tasteful dinner. I don't know how to prepare it.
@ShifaLk it is very easy .Not hard at all.
@ShifaLk (9946)
@amadeo yeah am learning new things slowly as I started cooking only 1 year back
@ShifaLk Keep at it.Read a lot of cook books and experiment on some of them.Good or bad.
I make tomato sauce often and it is different depending on what I have. The last one had dry mushrooms.
dry mushroom is great.I loved it.you must tell us or me about your tomato sauce .Loved to hear it and learn at the same time.
@marguicha thank you sounds great to me.
@amadeo It is.
Sounds like it will be a wonderful supper.
@just4him yes I think that it would be.Thank you.Have a good evening
@amadeo Thank you. It's good so far.
@just4him it was good The worst part of it that my bud taste is off and hate it.
when the mater crop's a good'un, i make loads 'f mater sauce. when 'tis a bumper crop, i make my own paste, too. dislike the store bought schtuff. hopefully mike'll get 't sorted'n y'all'll get 'njoy a wonderful meal.
@crazyhorseladycx Good for you there.Good morning
@crazyhorseladycx the meal was great.Of course I made it.lol
@LestatPen (2293)
Wow that sounds and looks good! I want to sink my teeth into those meat balls!
@LestatPen the meat balls were great.Good morning
@LestatPen (2293)
@amadeo That sounds very tasty! well good morning!
@LestatPen yes it was.Good evening.I was gone most of the day.A delight for me to get away
@divalounger (2634)
I am so sorry that your sense of taste is off! For me, tasting is one of the great pleasures in life--I know though that for some people, smell and taste can alter with age and medication--anyway, I make a tomato sauce from scratch probably once a week--and whatever is left goes into a minestrone soup the following day--enjoy your sauce--
@divalounger yes mine is from scratch.I do not like Ragu it is too sweet for me.They put too much sugar in it.
@amadeo Wow--I didn't realize that--I know that you can put some sugar in to cut the acidity in the tomatoes--they must put in quite a bit of sugar
@divalounger yes your right there on the sugar.Have to read the ingredients there.Sugar and other stuff they put in there. But I try to cut most of this if I can
@Raelove (18182)
• Saco, Maine
I still have some of my sauce in the freezer with my meatballs that I have to use soon. I make a simple sauce, which I make a bit on the runny side, as I don't like thick heavy sauces at all. Tomato sauce, tomato paste, onions, garlic...LOTS of garlic, as I love it. And that's it. Once I make the meatballs, I let them cook slowly in the sauce all day.
@Raelove same here Rae.Good morning
@Raelove (18182)
• Saco, Maine
@amadeo Good afternoon here now, Fredo!
@amadeo I was thinking of using tomato juice to make tomato soup and still think about trying that. I make tomato sauce and meatballs and garlic bread when I make sphagetti. Sounds good and enjoy it.
@Hannihar your sounds great there.
@amadeo Thanks Alfredo.
@Thewings (3024)
Looking so tasty
@Thewings good morning and yes the taste was good.How are you?
@Thewings (3024)
@amadeo good evening. I'm fine.
@TheSojourner (21120)
Sounds delicious! And how do you make your meatballs?
@TheSojourner I use 85%hamburg and ground pork.Garlic(plenty)onion, pepper flakes salt and pepper to your taste. Danko bread crumbs.I bake min at 350 for about 20 or 25 min.Or use can use high 425 for fifteen min.or so. Good morning
@amadeo that sounds very similar to what my mother used to make though she would put a egg in with the breadcrumbs. I don't think she used pepper flakes, though.. Thank you for sharing that! That sounds delicious! And a good morning back to you!
• Caracas, Venezuela
I haven't cooked tomato sauce ever. I think I have to learn. I wonder did you have it for lunch or for dinner?
@jvincentevalera Jose so nice to see you.Lunch we just had a sandwich not much.Dinner pasta with meatballs etc. Never try.What do you eat t here in your country.Love to hear it. Take care and stay away from the all the vibes happening in your country
• Caracas, Venezuela
@amadeo It is nice seeing you too Alfredo. Thanks for your thoughtful wishes, I really appreciate that. Regarding your question, we basically eat anything we have in the fridge. Venezuelan's diet has changed so much due to the shortage we have been facing 6 years now. Most times we can have for breakfast, an Arepa, at lunch time, rice, black beans, and omelette. if we're talking about dinner time it could be an Arepa once again, or even a sandwich. However it is a reality that many people in my country can't eat as good as they used to in years before. It is sad, but it's happening. I even stopped eating things that I used to. I hope one day God helps us get out of this situation.