'Do As I'm Doing'

"Kung ano ang ginagawa ng matatanda, sa mata ng mga bata ay tama." (What the adults are doing in the eyes of the child, it's right.) I love teaching. It's my first choice of looking for a vocation but I never have it right away. Instead I work in the bank first I completed a commerce course as per advice of my elder brother. But I never give up until I became an elementary school teacher. Kids in their formative years are easy to teach. They're the best imitator so to speak. In our Church, we have a children's song, "Do As I'm Doing, Follow, Follow Me." This is a good action song which the primary children enjoyed doing the action which I perform while they're singing that jolly song. I try to use this to the adult too especially when we're having a seminar or workshop and it works. Moral lesson: Be careful of your behavior or attitude for there are who might adopt it.
@jobelbojel (12423)
I have heard this song. I can check this on YT. Hope it is available.
Yes, it is available in YT of the title.
• Togo
Like they say, spare the rod and spoil the child. But kids follow by example, yes you're right. Adults should emulate by showing the right moves..
It has a lot of implications. You're right. They've to follow what's right.
• Togo
@Nakitakona Easier said than done, especially when kids say the darndest things, lol..
@ihasaquestion Thus, the adults should set a good example. Talking is 50% or less, but doing is 100%.
@kareng (12165)
We are all role models and that is a great way to show little kids how to act, what to say, politeness, etc.
Absolutely right. If we want our kids to be good, let's show them the good things. If we want them to be loving, let's show them how to be loving.
@kareng (12165)
@Nakitakona You got it
@kareng I am so glad.
Kids are like sponges they absorb everything from what is around them.
You're right. That's why that things thaf they're going to absorb should be good and worthy for their well-being.
@Nakitakona They need good examples to grow healthy and polite.
@LadyDuck Yes, they need that while they're still young. That's when they grow they won't depart from it.
@simplfred (9368)
Very true, Of course, we must also teach them the difference between what is wrong to do and what is right.
You're right Kabayan.