Are You Kidding Me

Green Bay, Wisconsin
I'm dumbfounded, really! Shocked even. Do you pay attention to the comments you make on people's posts? Are you forgetting words that would change the meaning and make you seem a little more humane in your answers? Or do you really mean what you say in your comments? I'm tempted to give the person what for, for the comment he made on another person's post, but I won't. I'll let the person whose post it is, do that. I hope he does. The person needs to be aware of how ridiculous his comment was. Stupid even. There's nothing easy about Marine training. Okay, I said it. I couldn't not say it. I know I'm Navy, but I know training, no matter what branch you are, isn't easy. To say it is, well it blows my mind every which way. Pay attention to the comments you make. This isn't the first one I've seen. I've even seen them on mine and figure the person just missed a word or didn't make it the contraction it should have been. It makes me wonder just how intelligent you really are. I know there is a language barrier for some countries, and I can understand that and account for it. However, when the person commenting sounds intelligent in his posts, it makes me wonder. Okay, I've had my rant. Now back to interacting. Thanks for reading.
I may have missed this one.I am Army and Navy man.All training are very tough regardless of branch your in. The Army was very tough for me.But worked it out.
I'm glad you did.
• Caracas, Venezuela
Well Valerie you are certainly right about the language barrier, and non native English speakers being more aware of the words we use to express ourselves. I struggle with it everyday. Sometimes when I am writing a comment to reply I am hesitant if the person will get what I mean, so I wind up erasing the whole paragraph that I write, and I just like the comment, and that's it. In fact there are certain topics that I never comment cause I do not know anything about it. I guess sometimes it is better to hold oneself back before screwing it up.
@CarolDM (29359)
You are doing great!
@jvincentevalera You do very well with the English language. I've never had trouble understanding you.
You do a fine job here.
Hope the comment you read was just a faux pas on the part of the person making the comment.
I wish it was. Not from the way he worded it or the sentence to follow.
@just4him that's sad to hear
@Marilynda1225 Yes, it's very sad.
I know! I got one once telling me I was the rich landlady sitting up collecting money and living high. That was the most uneducated comment I ever got!
I'm sure it was. People don't realize the hard work it takes to do the work we do.
Sorry to hear that. I certainly know from family members how difficult training is in all branches of the service. Haven’t seen the comment.
It's good you haven't seen that one. Training needs to be tough in the services. We're fighting for our country.
@cacay1 (39639)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
It's a hard worker and requires lots of discipline.
perhaps whome'er made such a comment did so's they knew they couldn't cut the mustard? basic trainin' 'n any armed forces 'n other highly skilled fields 'tis anythin' but simple. that's why so many don't make 't through. 's fer comments, i tend to take many with a grain 'f salt. i know my dribblin' drives some folks a tad o'er the edge. e'en 've been told not to comment/respond to some folks here. not'n the nicest 'f ways neither, 's they choose to make such most public. some folks also seem to 'njoy pokin' the badger, jest to see how much ruckus they can cause. this phenom 'tis 'xploded with social media 'n places such's this.
I'm sorry people don't want you to respond/comment on their posts. I enjoy reading your comments and responses. It gives my brain a piece of candy to enjoy. Yum! I have no trouble understanding what you write. I agree. Basic training isn't simple, easy, or a walk in the park. It's hard work.
@just4him no worries, ms. valerie. i've grown used to such 'n thankfully 'n jest let'd slide off my back. thanks much :)
@crazyhorseladycx You're welcome.
@Porcospino (25500)
• Denmark
I haven't seen the comment you mentioned. Sometimes that kind of comments are mistakes for instance if the person forgets the word "not" and ends up saying the opposite by mistake. Some of them aren't mistakes. Sometimes I get the impression that the person is expressing an opinion that isn't based on personal experience.
If the person had used the word 'not'. It would have made a world of difference and I wouldn't have seen the need to rant.
@Porcospino (25500)
• Denmark
@just4him If it was a response to my own discussion I would probably have asked the member to explain what they meant by that comment. If it wasn't my own discussion I don't know if I would have said something.
@Porcospino I read many discussions every day. The person I responded to was someone new to me.
@CarolDM (29359)
Every now and then, on rare occasions, when I am out I will comment here from my phone. A lot of times the words do not come out correctly, due to the small screen. But I try to check my comments before responding.
I've never once had a problem with your comments. It's good you check them. I couldn't fathom working on a phone. Too small.
@CarolDM (29359)
@just4him That is good to know. I do not like commenting from the phone.
Like you, I think it might be a mistake. I might politely ask though, even on another person's post.
I was tempted to say something on that post.
@kobesbuddy (73210)
• East Tawas, Michigan
Some don't even read the discussions, instead they just write a comment. In some cases, I don't think they're able to read English. One of my discussions had a picture of me, with my son-in-law Christian, which I clearly stated. A member responded, 'Oh, nice picture! Is this your husband?' Good grief, they hadn't even read the post!
Yes, it's sad when they don't read and give an off the wall comment.
@kobesbuddy (73210)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@just4him And if I use a borrowed photo, it's always mentioned at the bottom. At times a few have said, 'Oh, this dish you made looks so delicious!' One lady was so off base I asked her, 'Did you read this discussion?' She responded, hee, hee!
@kobesbuddy I've seen it a lot. It can be disappointing, especially when it's my Bible Study post.
I think I missed the comment you are mentioning. It is true that the language sometimes plays bad tricks. I try to be careful.
I know you're careful.
@just4him You may make errors when you write in a language that is not your native language. I know it happened to me.
@cacay1 (39639)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
I agree with your point of view@LadyDuck.
@rakski (32076)
I missed this post. I am always sensitive to what I write and I sometimes ask if I do not understand something
If I don't understand, I will ask.
@rakski That's good to do.
@rakski (32076)
@just4him that is why I always said I learn a lot here
@cacay1 (39639)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
There goes again another boastful person here. We need to watch our mouths and brains for the words that may be released in the comments portion may sound rude, ridiculous, and full of Idiocracy.It should be thought severally before releasing in the post section.
Yes, it should.
@cacay1 (39639)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@just4him , it's not nice to know others feel like superior.It should be fair.
@cacay1 I agree.
I've had issues with spell check changing some of the words I use but hopefully I haven't been insulting as yet.
Not that I've seen.
That's good to know @just4him thanks.
@rebelann You're welcome.
Our neighbor's young son went into the Air Force . . . training was no piece of cake for him. Comments like that are a sort of slap in the face to those who have gone through it.
Yes, they are. That's awesome for your neighbor's son. I hope he does well in the Air Force.
@just4him It sure shaped him up. He wasn't particularly a great student in school and his parents would tell you he was quite immature . . . but joining the Air Force really taught him to get responsible and independent.
@much2say That's great!
Some people think they know everything, when clearly they don't! I just keep it in my head that most people don't mean to be rude.
That's true. Most people don't mean to be rude.
@LeaPea2417 (25303)
• Toccoa, Georgia
I missed that one. I don't know how anybody in any branch of the military does it physically. I do admire them for their strength.
I admire them too. It's a lot of work, physical and mental.
Wow training is very tough, my son was a navy man and our nephew and my brother in law are Marines and it takes a tough person physically and mentally to survive it. I didn't see the comment but some people are just ignorant.
Yes, they are. Thank you for their service.
Some people just do not think before they respond.
No, they don't. It would make it easier for everyone if they would.
A great rant is was!! How sad that some do not ensure their comments will not do harm.
Thank you. Yes, they don't realize how harmful an offhand comment can be.