Looks like the tree is dying!

By Jojo
@Sojourn (5332)
This is the season of mangoes and I have three mango trees in my yard.One produces large mangoes which are somewhat sweet and sour in taste.Another one produces medium sized mangoes but very sweet in taste.And another slender tree is there whose mangoes are not much edible and becomes the meal for monkeys and other animals. The large mango tree is dying probably.It was starting to bear raw mangoes last month,but now the leaves have started to fall and the small mangoes too.This huge tree was not producing much fruits from the last five years and maybe it is moving towards its natural death now. The mango is somewhat long in shape(much like a papaya) and I am attaching an image of such a mango from the Internet for the interested readers Image courtesy:parmeeda.com
Good morning.Mango most of us here know this.Nice mangoes there.They are huge.Do you let them get this big?
@Sojourn (5332)
Yeah,the mango in this tree grew big just like a full grown papaya(bigger than this image).But the taste is a mix of sweet and sour. The medium sized mangoes are more sweet.
@Sojourn So you liked them bigger
@Sojourn (5332)
@amadeo Medium sized ones grows in a different tree and of a different variety.This tree grows the large ones. I like the medium sized ones more but this tree has given us a basket full of mangoes for many years.We even distributed them among our neighbours.
@weevee18 (1954)
Why is is that the one from the slender is not much edible?
@Sojourn (5332)
It is of a wild variety and tastes sour and bland.Don't know what variety it is.
@weevee18 (1954)
@Sojourn I see. Was is expected taste like that?
@Sojourn (5332)
@weevee18 Don't know what variety it is,so can't say.
No mangos in Europe.
@Sojourn (5332)
O really! I presumed that researchers devised some modern techniques to grow them in Europe too.
@Sojourn I've just seen that I've given you a wrong piece of informnation. There are indeed areas in Europe where mangos grow. Have a look:
Mango trees grow in Mediterranean or Subtropical climates. Some varieties are more hardy to cold and thrive outdoors in Southern Europe resisting frost or hail.
@Sojourn (5332)
@MALUSE Very well then,I think the import costs will reduce much for mango lovers there.
@moonandstars (16945)
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
It doesn't look like dying but, if there are no fruits, that's it. My cherry tree is also dying.
@Sojourn (5332)
It had bore fruits this season but they are falling off prematurely from the twigs(these mangoes grow like a papaya)
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
@Sojourn Same with our cherries. There is nothing left,, only the tree.
@Nakitakona (5199)
Sad. It has already reached its final span of life. But I don't think so unless it has a disease. Mango's lifespan is 300 years.
@Sojourn probably.
@ShifaLk (13989)
3 trees.. That's great. But it's sad to know that 1 is going off. We had 1 mango tree in our yard too, I never ate mangoes like them in my whole life.. It's Around 17-18 Years ago... Someone cut that tree... Sadly That was a government house.
@Sojourn (5332)
Oh well, that's sad. The other ones don't bear fruits every year now.
@ShifaLk (13989)
@Sojourn oh.. Sad. Our one gave fruit evedy alternate year
@dya80dya (15536)
Why is it dying?
@Sojourn (5332)
Probably the soil has become barren in my yard.
@yanzalong (11585)
Can't you cure the trees of its diseases?
@Sojourn (5332)
The soil has gone barren and nothing I can do.
@May2k8 (9077)
In the past I had 1 mango tree, 1 pomegranate tree, 1 banana tree, 1 papaya tree, 1 coconut tree and 1 rambutan tree but because the land was now infertile the trees did not bear fruit anymore then we had to remove the trees.
@Sojourn (5332)
I see that you had a lot of trees. I have 5 coconut tree and a bell fruit tree. But the soil is not good here anymore.
It is always sad to lose a tree. I am sorry this one is not doing well at all.
@Sojourn (5332)
Yes, they have given us good yield for many years.
@Teekaaa (8021)
I am not sure what happened to the mango tree..
@Sojourn (5332)
The extreme heat and the degradation of soil in my yard maybe responsible.
@Janet357 (17018)
maybe because of hot.weather reason why it is dying.
@Sojourn (5332)
Most likely! We are having some hot weather continuously for almost a month now