Driving lesson went well.

Perth, Australia
In my previous post I spoke about me doing a driving lesson today. I get 3 free lessons. The woman teaching me was so lovely and calm when she spoke. Before we started, she told me that we would stay around quiet streets in my area. But we ended up driving on some main roads and went further to another suburb. When the lesson was over, she explained that when I first started driving, she noticed that I was very steady driving and that's why she decided for me to drive further and onto the main roads with traffic. I was quite nervous driving with other traffic but not as nervous as I thought I would be. But I did catch myself smiling a lot while driving because I am proud of myself for doing this. Yes, I'm late to the party but I have my reasons. But all I'm focusing on now is continuing to better my life and this is part of it. She said I did good but obviously needing to get better with remembering to indicate and looking in mirrors etc. And I need to go through other basics like parking etc. I have another lesson tomorrow at 3pm. I know it's a lot of money for me but I think I would like to continue being taught by her once my free lessons are over.
@Sojourn (5202)
That's really good. I don't know how to drive.
• Perth, Australia
@Sojourn Thank you. Is driving something you wish to learn?
@Sojourn (5202)
@VivaLaDani13 I wish to buy a car first
• Perth, Australia
@Sojourn Fair enough. I wish you ALL the very best with that!
You have a good teacher and I am sure you are going to be a good driver.
• Perth, Australia
@LadyDuck Thank you so much! It's a lot of fun driving around too!
@VivaLaDani13 I only drove a car many years ago, but I stopped.
• Perth, Australia
@LadyDuck It was you who told me the story of you having to drive because your husband was dealing with vertigo right?
@Janet357 (16293)
very nice woman.she is. and you have a good.mindset. just keep doing what you think is good for.you.
• Perth, Australia
@Janet357 Thank you very much!
@Janet357 (16293)
@VivaLaDani13 welcome!
@rakski (31291)
wow, that is great. glad to hear
• Perth, Australia
@rakski Thank you kindly!
@rakski (31291)
@hereandthere (36986)
sounds like you found the right teacher.
• Perth, Australia
@hereandthere I think I have too. She is really nice and understanding.
@sugartoes (43318)
• Greencastle, Indiana
I am SO proud of you, I had to jump up & down to hear the GREAT news that's AWESOME 1 big hurdle going down in history
• Perth, Australia
@sugartoes Thank you so very very much!
@sugartoes (43318)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@VivaLaDani13 I hope that response put a BIG smile on your face.
• Perth, Australia
@sugartoes It certainly did for real!
@tech40 (15058)
I really feel scared when there's a truck or a bus beside me, but after driving for a couple of years, I'm trying to make a competition with truck and buses!
• Perth, Australia
@tech40 I haven't been through that just yet but I'm hoping I do soon so I can get the feel of it.
@tech40 (15058)
@VivaLaDani13 It's so scary! Especially if they're too close to you, (most of the buses here in the Philippines is going to cut you in the middle of the road! They're so rude and that's why most of the accidents are from public vehicles)
• Perth, Australia
@tech40 That sounds really scary!
@VivaLaDani13 Good luck with your lessons. Do you have someone to take you out when you are not doing your driving lessons so you can get your license and go on to get a car. It is very scary to drive in traffic. Just take your time and get used to it and be careful.
• Perth, Australia
@Hannihar Thank you very much. I have only my brother at the moment to help me but he isn't a very good teacher. But I will still do that just to drive around and get the feel of the car.
@VivaLaDani13 I remember you mentioning about your brother. I would not let him teach me. He does not know how to take care of Charlie. I hope you get your license and can get a car.
• Perth, Australia
@Hannihar lol exactly! I do love my brother a lot but some times it's hard to rely on him. I don't really want him to teach me anymore but I would at least like to keep driving his car and get used to the indicator and everything like that. The more time I have spent in a car, the better.
@Mavic123456 (19364)
• Thailand
baby you can buy me a car. lol Congrats!!! Congrats!!! do you plan to be an Uber driver?
• Perth, Australia
@Mavic123456 haha! I wish I was able to afford one now. Would be cool. I don't plan on anything like that just yet as I have so much more practice to go as well as my actual driving test in September.
@Mavic123456 (19364)
• Thailand
@VivaLaDani13 good luck to you... is it difficult to pass?
• Perth, Australia
@Mavic123456 Thank you. Not really sure as I've never been through a driving test before.
@LowRiderX (9275)
• Serbia
Wooohooo go girl go Thinking of you
• Perth, Australia
@LowRiderX aw thank you very much!!
@LowRiderX (9275)
• Serbia
@VivaLaDani13 You are welcome!!! Do your best, every effort is worth it in the end
• Perth, Australia
@LowRiderX Thank you. Exactly what I needed to hear. ( well read )
@AKRao24 (23364)
I am really happy for you and about your progress! Is it mandatory in your Country to under take such expensive tutorials? In India we can learn the things about driving from friends or relatives and we directly appear for the driving test!
• Perth, Australia
@AKRao24 aw thank you so much!!!! It's not mandatory to take expensive lessons. You're allowed to get lessons from anyone who is an experienced driver. So parents, other family members, friends etc So similar to how it's done in India too from what you've said.
@AKRao24 (23364)
@VivaLaDani13 , Thanks ! Nice for updating the information! Have a great time!
• Perth, Australia
@AKRao24 Thank you.
I'm happy that it went so well Dani - I was lucky in that my father taught me. In turn I taught my son.
• Perth, Australia
@jaboUK Thank you very much. I had my second lesson today. I really like driving around! It's cool that your dad taught you then you taught your son! Awesome!
@VivaLaDani13 Yes, it saved a lot of money. Glad your second lesson went well.
• Perth, Australia
@jaboUK That's what I am trying to do but hard when my dad can't really drive at the moment. I have my brother but he isn't as available as I wish he could be but I will keep trying regardless to get more driving in.
@Nevena83 (26680)
• Serbia
I'm glad the driving hours are going well. My son started on the theoretical part of the ride, and when he passed this test, then he started with driving lessons.
• Perth, Australia
@Nevena83 Thank you and AWESOME! Hope your son continues with the good work!
@Nevena83 (26680)
• Serbia
@VivaLaDani13 And I hope that everything will be fine, because I give a lot of money.
@moonandstars (16343)
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
She sounds like a great teacher. If you think this is worth the money, then don't look back. Enjoy and safe driving!
• Perth, Australia
@moonandstars Thank you so much for the encouragement! Needed it!
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
@VivaLaDani13 We should always go with our guts and, no problem
Being able to drive a car is a valuable skill.
• Perth, Australia
@JohnRoberts I agree with you completely! I am really really enjoying it but I know I have quite a long way to go before I feel 100% confident. But so far, so good.